• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
1. My first fundamental issue with the System is that it is not clearly divided between fighting and farming. I hate the fighting System in FoE, I think it's boring and takes up too much time/resources, therefore I never do the fighting Quests in any Event. I know that it is a bit my problem when I don't want to do any fighting but I am sure that I am not the only one and people will probably feel like fighting one day and might not want to do fighting the other day. I just don't understand why, when you have the two different chests anyways, you don't just make a clear separation between the two.

The game does not recognize fighting or farming. If you chose for one and want to ignore the other it is your right to do so, but not expect they will adapt the game to a way of playing that is not meant.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I gave up on Daily Challenges for the most part. I only bother to do them if the challenges are something I can achieve through my normal everyday activity, I do not go out of my way.

DeletedUser101009

From my experience FE is way harder than AF, far more to do to complete each day, not too sure how that works :lol::lol:
Got one today for AF that can't be completed by looks of it....conquer 2 sectors by negotiating.....erm slight problem there need orichalcum...will be buggered of I'm spending 1400 diamonds. Given that this can't be traded for and a lot of players are probably ahead of their relevant age on the campaign map should this be removed from daily challenge?

DeletedUser101009

It works. I didn't have take over quests in a while, last time being a week ago because I failed to take the province before new daily challenge started. Took it that day, no more such challenges since

And unscouted means that you have to pay coins to start exploration/scouting, just in case you didn't know that

It's not just that it's the time scale can't complete scouting most sectors later on as it exceeds 24 hours.

DeletedUser111589

It's not just that it's the time scale can't complete scouting most sectors later on as it exceeds 24 hours.

Scouting quests have been removed from daily challenges.

And if you scout a province, just don't open map until you are sure you can take it over because opening map will recognize province as open.

Vesiger

Monarch
4. Getting punished for not doing the Quest one day is immensely frustrating and only speeds up the process of people getting bored with them. I don’t think I will ever get the 7 Day Chest simply because I don’t feel like doing/don’t have time to do them every single day. My life doesn’t revolve about this Browsergame.

Make the Requirement for the Chest 10-14 Completions of the daily Quests and remvove the subtraction.

The 7-Day chest only requires you to have completed seven more quests than you have failed - not to complete seven quests in a row. Provided you have a success rate higher than 50%, you should get there in the end.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Honestly? The DC's are great fun, and overall I've found that they range from "childishly easy" to "slightly time consuming"...

While it can be much more difficult to continuously clear DC's across multiple worlds, what I've decided to do, is just put my 'serious' focus on always trying to clear them on my 'main' world. (Noarsil for me!)
For my secondary city, I let them slide if there's too many tasks, and/or if it would break up my current playstyle. (I'm a filthy, dirty era-camper!;) )

On my main city, I've managed to clear 3 Challenger's Chests, and am sitting on 3/7 for my fourth.
Thus far, I've picked up a Reno kit, a SoK and 50fps rewards! Very nice overall, but still, if you're aiming at DC's as way to stock up on these, then I'm sorry to say, but you're "doing it wrong!"
The big events are still where & when to grab loads of the typical 'good stuff'... I see DC's as an additional way to simply supplement that.
They're not worth lamenting over, and as pointed out above, as long as you clear slightly more than 50% of your DC's, you'll eventually grab a few of the 7-day reward chests as well.

What I really look forwards to with the DC's, is that they can be a way to gain more of the event exclusives like the Cherrygarden/Summerpalace sets!
Thus far, I've had 4x Cherry Garden chests, and I've gotten the 10fps twice, a Sakura Rock and a Zen Zone!
Now I'm just waiting for a Halloween themed chest for example, which will (hopefully?!) offer more Graveyard upgrades as rewards!:zzz:

DeletedUser107692

The game does not recognize fighting or farming. If you chose for one and want to ignore the other it is your right to do so, but not expect they will adapt the game to a way of playing that is not meant.

It is though. You can do everything except without fighting. You can complete GE, you can conquer Sectors, Tech Tree obviously and you can even complete every event without fighting a single time. Where is the difference between an Event Quest and a daily Quest? A daily Quest is basically multiple event Quests in one.

I mean, why even have two Chests when the only difference between them are the Rewards? Rewards change daily anyways they could give us a single Chest and it would make no difference at all.

The 7-Day chest only requires you to have completed seven more quests than you have failed - not to complete seven quests in a row. Provided you have a success rate higher than 50%, you should get there in the end.

That's true. It could still take you months to complete the 7 Day Chest due to whatever reasons. Maybe some people don't have time to play the game every day and other days they can't complete the daily objective?
How about this then: only subtract a point after I chose a Chest. That way I don't have to worry about losing a point because I don't have time at any given day and you still have the punishment in place for when I can't complete a Chest.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Honestly, if you want a game that all but outright removes fighting, then I honestly suggest you try out Elvenar...
At *worst* you get occasional quests demanding "recruit 100-300 units" during events. Otherwise, you need never set a single toe on the battlefield for ANY reason.

FoE however has always had the fighting focus, and to outright ignore/choose to ignore that it is a major component of the game & then moan about it is silly.
I enjoy my FoE time because it has the heavier fighting focus, and unlike most other games of it's ilk, you're not all but ruined every time you fail at defending your city/empire!

At worst, you can go and beat-up on the bottom 20-30 people in your 'hood to complete any of the fighting tasks...
Just today I had a "defeat 50 enemy units" condition, AND, my GE progress is already well past the point where I can comfortably fight through encounters! (No 'Traz yet to 'print your own rogues' ;) )
So I just went and stomped across the bottom of the 'hood to get my 50 kills... all but 3 or 4 cities just had the default 2 spearchumpies, with the most 'difficult' fight being against a Champ + 2 Mercenaries + 2 Legionnaires + Archer.
And it took me maybe 20-25min or so to complete. Simple!

Agent327

Overlord
It is though. You can do everything except without fighting. You can complete GE, you can conquer Sectors, Tech Tree obviously and you can even complete every event without fighting a single time. Where is the difference between an Event Quest and a daily Quest? A daily Quest is basically multiple event Quests in one.

You can't. In events you are forced to fight.

DeletedUser107692

FoE however has always had the fighting focus, and to outright ignore/choose to ignore that it is a major component of the game & then moan about it is silly.

Just to make this clear: I'm not exactly complaining about the way it is. I apologize if it came across like that. It is my choice not to fight and I still enjoy the game without the fighting parts.
I have written my suggestions here because there is a "new" feature that I can't use because I chose not to fight and see an easy fix to include people who might do the same. I am not saying that they absolutely have to do it, neither am I saying that their feature is bad because I am not doing the fighting stuff. I am simply giving them feedback based on my experience of the game, which is what forums are for.

You can't. In events you are forced to fight.

I don't know what events you are playing but I haven't fought a single battle in years but I have still completed every single event.

Agent327

Overlord
I don't know what events you are playing but I haven't fought a single battle in years but I have still completed every single event.

So as a non fighter you have no problem with recruiting and deleting units? That's like being a vegan and eating spareribs.

DeletedUser96901

So as a non fighter you have no problem with recruiting and deleting units? That's like being a vegan and eating spareribs.
even if you don't want to recruit units you get them in GE :P
so it is like being a vegan who gets 24 free spareribs every week

and deleting is the like throwing the spareribs away :lol:

Agent327

Overlord
even if you don't want to recruit units you get them in GE :P
so it is like being a vegan who gets 24 free spareribs every week

and deleting is the like throwing the spareribs away :lol:

And the quest to built militairty buildings. Any hilarious comments on that?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Just to make this clear: I'm not exactly complaining about the way it is. I apologize if it came across like that. It is my choice not to fight and I still enjoy the game without the fighting parts.
I have written my suggestions here because there is a "new" feature that I can't use because I chose not to fight and see an easy fix to include people who might do the same. I am not saying that they absolutely have to do it, neither am I saying that their feature is bad because I am not doing the fighting stuff. I am simply giving them feedback based on my experience of the game, which is what forums are for..
As someone who has chosen to balance between farming + military, I find it unfair that there's so many "donate X goods to guild treasury" quests...
My military boosting space means I can't put down enough goods buildings to pay-out 40-120 goods once or twice (or more!) per week, while still keeping to my guild's GE commitments.
Maybe we should eliminate the quests that demand we farm goods, because they're not fair to anyone who's in a guild and not a dedicated farmer type player?

I'm not having a go here, just trying to point out that we ALL have our own preferred ways to play the game, AND, no one way is the RIGHT way to play.

DC's *should* maintain a varied amount of vastly different types of quests, so that each type of player, whether you love farming, kicking much keester on the battlefield, or a mix thereof, have plenty of quest options they can handle.

Otherwise, we may as well just make everything, "click button here to collect a free 'randumb' daily reward".
And then we can still sift through the umpteen posts of mindless rage about how visiting 40 Taverns is "impossible", while collecting 3500 tavern silver is a "total and complete myth and anyone who says they can is obviously lying". (because you know we'll still heaps of those!;) )

DeletedUser111589

As someone who has chosen to balance between farming + military, I find it unfair that there's so many "donate X goods to guild treasury" quests...
My military boosting space means I can't put down enough goods buildings to pay-out 40-120 goods once or twice (or more!) per week, while still keeping to my guild's GE commitments.
Maybe we should eliminate the quests that demand we farm goods, because they're not fair to anyone who's in a guild and not a dedicated farmer type player?

I'm not having a go here, just trying to point out that we ALL have our own preferred ways to play the game, AND, no one way is the RIGHT way to play.

DC's *should* maintain a varied amount of vastly different types of quests, so that each type of player, whether you love farming, kicking much keester on the battlefield, or a mix thereof, have plenty of quest options they can handle.

Otherwise, we may as well just make everything, "click button here to collect a free 'randumb' daily reward".
And then we can still sift through the umpteen posts of mindless rage about how visiting 40 Taverns is "impossible", while collecting 3500 tavern silver is a "total and complete myth and anyone who says they can is obviously lying". (because you know we'll still heaps of those!;) )

Build Alcatraz and get rogue hideout an you'll have balanced play.

On my towns I have more military based challenges, so, by your logic, they should be also removed/lowered in occurence simply because I have to fight 4 out of 7 days and I have 0 military buildings on A and C.

They are called challenges for a reason.

Edit:if something should be changed, that should be making production quests 15 at most. Imagine how time consuming it is to finish 60 15-minute productions with 5 buildings