• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser111866

Didn't get crap (maypole vs prod, chose maypole), so maybe next time.

DeletedUser111866

If the maypole isn't crap this can be a long wait ;)
Well, I'm only in EMA, and I'm only playing for 3 months, and a single maypole I already have rocks, with about 100 happiness/sq unbuffed, so I'd like to have a second one to replace that pavilion which is one age below, or to add more pop once I'd get me clapboard houses (I'm slow to advance through tech tree in putrpose). But out of current set of chests I call many crap, say 100% BPs are useles atm.

DeletedUser

Today, I wanted to use the building boost in the tavern. My original intent was to use the most expensive one, but then I realised that it lasted for three days, so I went for the cheapest one, just in case I get "use tavern boosts" tomorrow in my Daily Challenge.

I know that DCs don't ask you to acquire sectors if you haven't got any unconquered provinces explored. Does it do the same with tavern boosts? That is, if I've got a tavern boost going on for more than 24 hrs., would the system see that and therefore not give me missions to activate boosts?

DeletedUser111866

That is, if I've got a tavern boost going on for more than 24 hrs., would the system see that and therefore not give me missions to activate boosts?
An interesting question. Since it has a "not", you need either an assurance from devs, or a counter-example that yes, the engine gives quest for boosts while running a long lasting tavern boost like a city shield.

DeletedUser111589

You get daily challenges, they are skippable.

Then you have grand challenge which you all are so stuck about. The requirement for completing it is taking and completing daily ones more than failing/not taking.

The challengers chest can't be counted as reward for daily challenge as it is NOT daily. You know how in rythm games you are building up combo, then you miss a note, and your combo is non existent anymore. This is like that, just instead of it plunging down to zero(as originally meant to be) you fall down a grade.

DeletedUser

An interesting question. Since it has a "not", you need either an assurance from devs, or a counter-example that yes, the engine gives quest for boosts while running a long lasting tavern boost like a city shield.

Yup. I wish they would answer that question. I might run a few trials and see if I can figure it out.

DeletedUser111866

There's a very easy way to skip a Challenge if you don't want to accept either daily chest - it's been posted a few times already in this thread: change the start time of the DC forward or backward by an hour - that will cause the Challenge clock to skip a day.
Does only work for the NEXT challenge, does not cancel the current challenge (the one you want to actually skip) and does NOT allow you to change starting time for the current challenge (in order to regenerate ir). So, this method does NOT make you skip a DC that you don't want to try completing. Please stop advocating this method as a cancel button. It only allows you to skip a day if you PLAN to not even try doing the next challenge, say because you know you'll not have Internet access for the next day, it can't do a thing with current DC.

DeletedUser97688

If you don't accept either of the chests, do you lose a point in the bar?

DeletedUser106369

@Pink.Buffoon It was mentioned in the discussion thread on Beta that if you had a tavern boost running for more than 24 hours you would not be given a DC to start another boost.

RezaThom13

Private
DC is a nice idea but way too many unrealistic quests. 22 or more 8 hour productions when I only have 3 production buildings? I know special buildings can be set for 8 hour productions but then I have to change my whole city collection times which doesn't help game play. 55 x 5 min productions? Really? Yes it can be done, but I thought this was supposed to be a fun game, that is more like work. Fight or negotiate sectors? What if I don't want to advance on the map right now? Or I'm saving a sector to help complete part of the Winter quest? Also, why should you require someone to negotiate a sector and spend goods? Some people doing level 4 of GE each week could be low on goods. So far DC has made this game less like a game and more like a chore. Just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser110579

While I really like the idea of daily challenges, I am getting REALLY REALLY frustrated by them. I just can't take any more "TAKE X SECTOR" requests. !!!

DeletedUser111589

While I really like the idea of daily challenges, I am getting REALLY REALLY frustrated by them. I just can't take any more "TAKE X SECTOR" requests. !!!

Then take them all as soon as possible and keep provinces UNSCOUTED until story or event quest requires you to.

DeletedUser110875

Hi all! Please use this thread to discuss and provide feedback on our newest feature, Daily Challenges. You can read all about it here
Hi.have just completed a daily challenge for the citizens chest . Gained 250 population as the last of the three parts to it but the game did not recognise the increase in population .it was added to my population total but not recognised by the quest so I lost out or will lose out on 50 forge points as the reward for completing the task . Very annoying.

Vesiger

Monarch
Hi.have just completed a daily challenge for the citizens chest . Gained 250 population as the last of the three parts to it but the game did not recognise the increase in population .it was added to my population total but not recognised by the quest so I lost out or will lose out on 50 forge points as the reward for completing the task . Very annoying.
You need to contact in-game support as soon as possible, since they are the only people with access to the internal game logs.

DeletedUser111866

Gained 250 population as the last of the three parts to it but the game did not recognise the increase in population
Interesting. How did you do that, by leveling up Innovation maybe? And yes, contact support, it can well be a bug.

DeletedUser108600

I started off liking daily challenges but each day the quests seemto be more unachievable. I am off from work at the moment so have been able to get on top of some of them. But when I go back I will have no hope - just another cash cow for FoE which has become meaner and meaner in its games so as to get more money out of us