• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Challenge "Negotiation" Tasks

• Thread starter DeletedUser14772
  • Start date

DeletedUser14772

Daily challenges have turned into a total diamond grab ever since the negotiation tasks were added recently. They seem to appear about 50% of the time and range anywhere from simple to very complex. They mimic the same negotiations found in the guild expeditions except they require even more resources to obtain and can easily end up costing you several 10 diamond attempts to complete.

No thanks FOE...I turn my nose up at any dailies that contain these tasks...

DeletedUser111359

They're super easy. I just wish that it would give you an either/or, and offer a battle or a negotiation to choose between. Since I'm a non-combat player I end up skipping every DC that includes fight requirements.

DeletedUser112745

I agree that they are very easy. Maybe you could spare a few minutes to look up guides on negotiations with minimal resource losses here in the forums, like this one, which has a video? -
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-expedition-with-minimal-resource-loss.35664/

Any missions in any questline that involve spending resources is a good thing as it encourages some more trading in the world. Spending resources also increases your personal score.

Nobody is required to spend diamonds if they do not wish to. Simply close the negotiation by clicking/tapping elsewhere on the screen when you run out of moves and want to start over.

DeletedUser111866

You can also employ the tavern boost for negotiations to have 4 turns to get that match. Useful if you need the prize and face a complex negotiation. (In fact, 5 picks or above, since 5 picks is doable in 3 turns at about 75% chance, and at about 99% in 4 turns)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
You can also employ the tavern boost for negotiations to have 4 turns to get that match. Useful if you need the prize and face a complex negotiation. (In fact, 5 picks or above, since 5 picks is doable in 3 turns at about 75% chance, and at about 99% in 4 turns)
THE. TAVERN. BOOST. DOES. NOT. APPLY. TO. DC. NEGOTIATION QUESTS!!
...sorry for the big shouty text, but people, can we please stop repeating this nonsense!?
It has been said again and again by admins both here and on beta that the tavern boost is for GE only! It will not work for DC's!! -_-

Also, people don't hate this because it's easy...
No, we passionately hate it because it's stupidly expensive - like more expensive than even the final encounter of Lv4 GE crazy expensive!!
Considering that DC rewards are generally at 'best' of the 10fp variety, and only very occasionally will they net any set buildings/shrines/reno/1-up kits, etc... these negotiation costs are frankly an absolute insult!

Cut the costs in half plz.
Especially since this new "feature" has been outright said to soon be coming to event quests as well!:mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser111866

THE. TAVERN. BOOST. DOES. NOT. APPLY. TO. DC. NEGOTIATION QUESTS!!
...sorry for the big shouty text, but people, can we please stop repeating this nonsense!?
It has been said again and again by admins both here and on beta that the tavern boost is for GE only! It will not work for DC's!!
So, either this is a frikking BUG, or I'm blind seeing 4 turns solving a 8-pick neg with boost active. Yep, it was on app, if this ever matters.

DeletedUser97166

So, either this is a frikking BUG, or I'm blind seeing 4 turns solving a 8-pick neg with boost active. Yep, it was on app, if this ever matters.
You automatically get 4 turns on the harder DC negotiations

DeletedUser112892

I've tried turning Tavern boost on moderate DC negotiation and got no bonus turn. So yes, it must be the case that you automatically get 4th turn on hard negotiations.

DeletedUser15425

Agreed. I HATE the new negotiations in the daily quests. I play in three worlds, and EVERY SINGLE DAY I get these dumb negotiations. I am not stupid, I can see very well how FoE is trying to deplete me of goods and diamonds, and I am starting to detest this game. when it first appeared I was like, huh? it might be okay if it was every once in a while, but I do not appreciate this happening so often! some people will say, "it's only a handful of goods, I like negotiations cause I don't do fighting" - yea, it's a handful of goods ONCE it succeeds. BUT if you think about combinatorial mathematics a bit, it's not hard to see that with 12 possible goods, and 6 slots to fit them in, there are A LOT of possibilities for failure. and that's exactly what you game-makers are after. people getting depleted of goods, buying more with DIAMONDS, hence real money, to finish the negotiation. well, you know what? I am out. I'm not doing that. I'm not giving you my money of which I really don't have much for that sh*t. I have bought diamonds in the past but the only thing worth spending them on is really to maybe heal a unit in hard fights, or for an expansion. I'm not playing along in this game. you guys need to tone down the frequency of these negotiations or take them out of the daily quests. I can tell how you're trying to get into my wallet and I will not let you!!!

today, for a change, in the daily quest, it's not an in-quest negotiation, but you're still after my goods - negotiate sectors AND guild expeditions. what is wrong with you people?

DeletedUser15425

I've tried turning Tavern boost on moderate DC negotiation and got no bonus turn. So yes, it must be the case that you automatically get 4th turn on hard negotiations.
no. the extra turn from tavern boost doesn't work because they want you to spend diamonds to solve the negotiation. but yes, you get 4 turns to begin wtih.

DeletedUser111359

Honestly Sunny, if you're struggling with the negotiation tasks, it sounds like you need to fix your city. They've never even slowed me down, on the occasions I've gotten them. And only rarely have I needed diamonds to finish them on the first try either.

But then my city is built for goods/negotiations too. I negotiate all 64 of GE every week, usually by Wed or Thurs.

Agent327

Overlord
no. the extra turn from tavern boost doesn't work because they want you to spend diamonds to solve the negotiation. but yes, you get 4 turns to begin wtih.

No you don't. Number of turns you get depends on the difficulty of the negotiations. You only get 4, for the hard one.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
I got one very complex negotiation quest today and luckily I got it correct in 4 turns. It took me at least 80-90 goods and guess what I got? 10 fps. Innogames please make these negotiation quests cheaper or at least makes the tavern boost also active on these quests.

DeletedUser111359

I got one very complex negotiation quest today and luckily I got it correct in 4 turns. It took me at least 80-90 goods and guess what I got? 10 fps. Innogames please make these negotiation quests cheaper or at least makes the tavern boost also active on these quests.

I would happily trade 90 goods for 10 FP all day long.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I would happily trade 90 goods for 10 FP all day long.
I'm sitting on 7k of each EMA good & 6.8 - 6.9k of each HMA good...
And even *I* agree that the DC negotiations are ******* highway robbery!!

10fps are in no way worth 80-90+ goods, especially, when I can easily win 20fps FOR A FRACTION OF THAT SAME COST ON THE 48TH ENCOUNTER OF THE GE!!

This DC negotiation needs to;
1. become less frequent.
I've had 6 of these ********** things over the past 7 days!! That's just insulting and has all but removed the DC component from my game.
AND
2. have the costs brought in line with the GE costs...
(ie: 'easy' = 1-2 goods, 'moderately easy' = 2-3 goods, 'moderate' = 3-4 goods, 'moderately difficult' = 4-5 goods, 'difficult' = 6 goods, 'very difficult' = 7 goods)
That would bring the hardest levels more in line with the later 'challenging' negotiations of Lv4 GE. And considering that the DC rewards are generally on average worse than what Lv4 GE gives, the players are still on the losing end of the deal.

If/when this BS makes its way into regular events as Inno has heavily implies they will, you can be sure that a large number of players are just going to up and quit playing the events the second they hit one of these negotiation quests.[/U]

DeletedUser112069

Easy negotiation? Piece of cake. I'll go for it even if the DC reward is less than stellar. Plus it won't interfere with me reaching that magic 7th DC completion reward.

Moderate negotiation? No worries. No problem. Still a piece of cake.

Complex negotiation? This is the Murphy's Law negotiation. It ALWAYS rears its ugly head when the DC reward is something I really want, like a set piece, a shot at 10 rogues, or a shot at 100 fps. And I HATE the complex negotiation. 8 items, 4 turns, not worth the time, effort, resources or diamonds IMO. I'll just wait until the same DC reward comes back around in the future and hope I'm spared the complex negotiation when it arrives.

I think the Complex Negotiation should be renamed the Impossible Negotiation.