• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser101887

Please discuss the change in this thread. You can find the announcement HERE.

Its not like you fixed anything by moving the reset as we still get lag on this game.
So its about time you spend all our hard earned money in finding a solution to these problems and may start to rmove a few of the gimmicks we dont need. Like the Treasure hunt, the hood chat,the music and sounds, some of the animations like smoke

DeletedUser103858

Clock reset never used to be a problem, it has gotten worse over the last 6 months or so due to the way in which GvG strategy has gone. For many guilds particularly the biggest it has all become about reset time as its become a game of demolishing your opponents sectors and simply moving across a map to do it rather than expanding territory from a particular location.
Therefore the only sectors you get to keep are those that are protected until next reset, at which point its imperative to either release and retake them or move forward quickly before your sectors are taken out.
Fact is there is only one time all this can happen and that's at reset and it last about half an hour.

If inno cannot upgrade servers or improve game code to cope with this way that many guilds have to play now, then there is a simple solution that doesn't destroy the game for the vast majority of customers; it will also solve another problem that put many off GvG or in some cases the game and that's ghost guilds with the soul purpose to cost there opponent a lot of expensive sectors.

Make a minimum siege cost even with no sectors on the map of 200 of each good, multiple sieges lost at reset time and release and retake tactics will soon become a tactic of the past when everyone's treasury's are empty, currently guilds use their cheap siege costs as a massive advantage in a war against another guild forcing them to sell up and do the same, and that's when you get everyone fighting at reset time with cheap siege costs trying to remove the other.
Take away the cheap siege cost bonus then you take away the problem, and guilds can get back to expanding where possible and planning well timed organised attacks well away from reset.

DeletedUser103508

Make a minimum siege cost even with no sectors on the map of 200 of each good, multiple sieges lost at reset time and release and retake tactics will soon become a tactic of the past when everyone's treasury's are empty, currently guilds use their cheap siege costs as a massive advantage in a war against another guild forcing them to sell up and do the same, and that's when you get everyone fighting at reset time with cheap siege costs trying to remove the other.
Take away the cheap siege cost bonus then you take away the problem, and guilds can get back to expanding where possible and planning well timed organised attacks well away from reset.

This is a good idea...... 200 of each for re-land or 0 sectors....

The game as already been made noob proof by taking siege Armys away.... (when u lost 8 troops placing a siege) so u need 1 Troop and lots of Rogues to land on ANY age map.... Righto

also no Attack NPC - other guilds are doing far better than they would have been 3 months back..... cos they can keep a Sector next to rocks with 10 waves......

All we are asking for is Calc back to 8pm.... but Nightime made a good point that would make us Swap tacs Trying to remove a Guild or Re-land....

DeletedUser108239

I think the fun of playing together as a guild at a time we could all be online has been lost, the excitement and focus around reset created a 'buzz' which is now missing and as more players loose interest it will only get worse...

DeletedUser

A Real miss on this Change

This is the first time that I have actually left a complaint in the forum. I have been here many times just looking to see what is changing or trying to be changed. I have never seen any issue that would require me to leave a message until now. The move of the Calc time has put this game in the crapper and I am reaching for the rope to send it swirling down the bowl. The move in time has not and I repeat has NOT improved anything. The Lag and being kicked from the game is still present. The only thing the move in time has accomplished is to keep many many people away from the game. I will stick around maybe another Month to see if there are any changes but I am guessing that nothing will change.

"Avengers Assemble ! "
----- East Nagach -----

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

Clock reset never used to be a problem, it has gotten worse over the last 6 months or so due to the way in which GvG strategy has gone. For many guilds particularly the biggest it has all become about reset time as its become a game of demolishing your opponents sectors and simply moving across a map to do it rather than expanding territory from a particular location.
Therefore the only sectors you get to keep are those that are protected until next reset, at which point its imperative to either release and retake them or move forward quickly before your sectors are taken out.
Fact is there is only one time all this can happen and that's at reset and it last about half an hour.

If inno cannot upgrade servers or improve game code to cope with this way that many guilds have to play now, then there is a simple solution that doesn't destroy the game for the vast majority of customers; it will also solve another problem that put many off GvG or in some cases the game and that's ghost guilds with the soul purpose to cost there opponent a lot of expensive sectors.

well - said. You cannot have a strategy game in which all action depends on what takes place in a 15-minute window around timer.

as I've said above, i would get rid of protection altogether, by placing 7 default armies when a sector is taken (and the siege army). Then the other guild can counter-attack straight away, until they run out of units and goods.

unlocking slots and placing def armies would work as before: the 'default armies' will vanish at timer and only ones you've replaced by unlocking slots and placing units would remain.

DeletedUser108243

I play on the England/British server and the change for reset timer, WHAT a pile of poo . I mean come on, everyone knows that mostly if not nearly everyone from england will be working at 10am or in school etc .

shouldn't each country's server have its own reset timer based on there time zone !

Everyone that's against the change of time should keep sending tickets in one after the other flooding everything up until it gets changed back , JUST MY OPINION

but then again these type of games are all the same , anything they can do to make the top paying players or top cheating players happy is all that matters

who is it that makes the choices in this game to change things ?
... just one last thing , when all those that say they will not buy any more diamonds. HAHA who you kidding . they know you will hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I play on the England/British server...

Just a small point to clarify here, I think you are referring to the International English (EN) server (there is no English/British server). This server hosts players from many countries around the world, not only those from UK and Europe.

DeletedUser97579

Just a small point to clarify here, I think you are referring to the International English (EN) server (there is no English/British server). This server hosts players from many countries around the world, not only those from UK and Europe.
Of course. That's why all the American players user this one also.
Ah ... er ...

Could you please share some statistics as to the percentage of connections for people playing on en.forgeofempires.com that come from within the UK compared to those from outside the UK?

Andrew420

Major
One quick solution to all your calculation time problems and GvG in general
Get rid of the whole damn thing = scrap it
It has been an epic failure from its inception
FYI you can play this game, increase your guild level and not fight in GvG
They are called halls of fame and bazaars invest in some at next event and encourage guildmates to do same

All servers are international
I can start an account on any server I want regardless of my country of origin
But I only ever see the English server referred to as being international

DeletedUser

Its not like you fixed anything by moving the reset as we still get lag on this game.
So its about time you spend all our hard earned money in finding a solution to these problems and may start to rmove a few of the gimmicks we dont need. Like the Treasure hunt, the hood chat,the music and sounds, some of the animations like smoke

Treasure hunt, lol, yeah that thing is so stupid, i haven't collected that in months, ever since they were nice enough to take the green check mark off of it.

DeletedUser107207

Inno:
No need to rehash the 17+ pages of comments on the topic. If Inno is a for profit company, you would
do well to listen to your customers.. enough said!

DeletedUser108243

lady lexis , so why do we have servers with -- IT for Italy UN for United States Fr for France Ru is Russia etc etc
so wheres the England server then ! that's what i thought En stood for

it is true that you can play other servers but what I'm saying is why isn't each server's reset time done for each country's time zone or their is no point having different servers

DeletedUser99438

When exactly will Inno show it's face with a statement on this matter?

DeletedUser105544

I see this thread is threatening to be louder and longer than "GB points unbalanced" thread! Cheers! :D

DeletedUser4571

Well again congratulations Inno of completely ignoring our complaints and doing silly new events or upgrades that will for sure cause more problems and that we do not need.
Recalc at 10 am in mornings has indeed changed NOTHING, if even worse still lags, freezes, constant kicks, seconds! to place any army in attack slot or move them.
But as said before most importantly you have taken the FUN out of the game. You are completely ignoring your customers, deleting threads you do not like and have the gal to send us messages that you are working on the problem...... 1,5 years is a long time.....
Right, go back to beta, since apparently we are forever in beta mode.

DeletedUser108243

there is always the attack and plunder tactic, attack and plunder daily all new players and low pointed players so it makes people give up and not wanna play anymore, making inno loose lots of players or just go all out make loads of ghost guilds and attack anything and everything " who cares attitude " :) just another two of my opinions / suggestions

after all attack and plunder is there for a reason :))