• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser

ok now this is getting ridiculous, first they change the time and the problem moves with it, and now GvG tonight has been absolutely nightmare, the lag is terrible, come on Inno get off your backsides and sortthis issue once and for all.

DeletedUser103051

A problem with GVG is that everything happens in the same 15 minute period.
How about changing to a 23 or 25 hour timer so the calculation time rotates and all time zones get a chance.
Another option is to make the sector protection not be aligned with calculation, make it 12 hours only or even 24 hours, whatever..

The Tominator

Sergeant
there is always the attack and plunder tactic, attack and plunder daily all new players and low pointed players so it makes people give up and not wanna play anymore, making inno loose lots of players or just go all out make loads of ghost guilds and attack anything and everything " who cares attitude " :) just another two of my opinions / suggestions

after all attack and plunder is there for a reason

+10 yeah make lots of ghost guilds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108243

if all just attacks anything and everything, most top guilds and players will get pee'd to a point of complaining because inno caused it to be like that HAHA
it also cause's players to have to hold on research and pushing forwards etc as they will have to be on constant alert or loose land , i'm preparing all ready :)

DeletedUser107668

One quick solution to all your calculation time problems and GvG in general
Get rid of the whole damn thing = scrap it
It has been an epic failure from its inception
FYI you can play this game, increase your guild level and not fight in GvG
They are called halls of fame and bazaars invest in some at next event and encourage guildmates to do same
l

without GVG this game would be just Farmville. its an important part of the game and loads of us enjoy it...or should i say we did enjoy it before the calc change and the lags.

DeletedUser106439

i have no GvG fights after the change :( I'm very bored

great way to destroy the fun INNO .... GREAT JOB

I'm so annoyed i've spend so much money on this joke

DeletedUser97579

Message to the mods/admins here.

Given that you've asked for comments such that they can be passed back to the development team .... you've certainly received a good few of them.

Can someone from the moderation team confirm that these have been passed onwards?
Can you confirm the developers have read the overwhelming uproar from the community?
Have you received a response you won't pass along (such as "let them stew for a while longer")?
Have you yourselves had any response or are you also being ignored?

Given their history, I don't expect the developers to comment here. If the moderation team also choose not to - then what's the point in keeping the forums open?
If you're in the same boat as us - then come stand with us. If you're actively against what the majority of people have been saying here (revert the change) then grow a spine and admit to that. At least you'll keep a little respect for standing up for your ideals.

Silence from the mods/admins on what is rather clearly a hot topic for the community - shows the whole admin team to be either weak and powerless, or just simply apathetic to the people you're meant to represent. I would hope it's neither of those two.

Show us where you stand.

DeletedUser16026

As mentioned in a previous post, while we may not be responding, it does not mean that the thread is being ignored. All the information is being passed along, including the various suggestions for alternative ways to handle the whole situation.

However, all of these ideas require some time and effort so it may be a while till at least one of them gets implemented. If you remember the letter from the development team it mentioned that improvements for GvG are planned, but that they are time consuming. This also means that for the time being, the recalculation time will remain as it currently is, till an alternative is implemented.

The time change may not completely eradicate all issues related to GvG, but it should minimize them. While clearly for a number of players GvG is the key feature in the game, other players do demand development time elsewhere. For example polishing the new cross-platform messaging system is also a high priority.

So, short version, yes the development team are aware of all the feedback regarding this change. Unfortunately for the time being the recalc time will remain as it currently is, but any ideas/suggestions for improvements regarding GvG performance are welcome and will be discussed with them so that hopefully in the near future a solution is implemented that satisfies the majority.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
As mentioned in a previous post, while we may not be responding, it does not mean that the thread is being ignored. All the information is being passed along, including the various suggestions for alternative ways to handle the whole situation.

However, all of these ideas require some time and effort so it may be a while till at least one of them gets implemented. If you remember the letter from the development team it mentioned that improvements for GvG are planned, but that they are time consuming. This also means that for the time being, the recalculation time will remain as it currently is, till an alternative is implemented.

The time change may not completely eradicate all issues related to GvG, but it should minimize them. While clearly for a number of players GvG is the key feature in the game, other players do demand development time elsewhere. For example polishing the new cross-platform messaging system is also a high priority.

So, short version, yes the development team are aware of all the feedback regarding this change. Unfortunately for the time being the recalc time will remain as it currently is, but any ideas/suggestions for improvements regarding GvG performance are welcome and will be discussed with them so that hopefully in the near future a solution is implemented that satisfies the majority.

Simply ....not good enough !

Please give a solid reason why the calc time cannot be reverted to its previous slot !
...whilst these "improvements " are worked on.
Most would be happy to put up with the current problems on GvG, rather than get disillusioned further with the game .... and leave.

You can tell by the vast response in this thread , that this is a top , top priority .

DeletedUser108243

is the calc timer reset on all servers at the same time ?

if so wouldn't staggering the time of each make any difference in lag etc ?

you will never get the answer your looking for , all decisions made will be made upon making top paying players happy i guess ,that's why every time that this is mentioned it's like you've hit a nerve lol no game will ever be "free"

I still cant get over how every country has there own server + share one, but England seems to have to share just 1 with every other even tho it has EN

DeletedUser16026

It cannot be reversed to the original time because of the same reasons it was changed - performance issues. The lag, freezes, and potential downtimes surrounding the recalc time were too heavy. It's clear that everyone would have wanted this to be approached in a different manner, and eventually it will. But right now a quick and effective change was needed.

Each market now has its own recalc time (10 am local), so they no longer happen at the same time. As mentioned in the announcement for this change, this will also help locate and react on possible issues faster.

DeletedUser97579

The lag and performance issues around "calc" haven't disappeared however. Some (myself included) have reported that they haven't even improved. This was not a "fix" by any definition.

btw, appreciate the greater participation in the thread.

DeletedUser99371

I have followed this thread from the start and am only posting now. It appears the lag and performance issues are just the same at the new calc time darkstar, according to those that are actually able to log on at 10 am, so I fail to see how this change was effective. Quite the opposite in fact as it has ruined the game to be honest.

Surely if Inno could change the reset time they can reverse it to what it was.
The vast majority of players, including myself, would rather put up with the lag etc. at the old reset time of 8pm if it meant we could actually enjoy the game as we used to.

Oh btw, now that annoying friend list bug is back, the one that brings it back to the 1st 5 players when you aid someone.
Things just get worse in this game..

DeletedUser100832

It cannot be reversed to the original time because of the same reasons it was changed - performance issues. The lag, freezes, and potential downtimes surrounding the recalc time were too heavy. It's clear that everyone would have wanted this to be approached in a different manner, and eventually it will. But right now a quick and effective change was needed.

Each market now has its own recalc time (10 am local), so they no longer happen at the same time. As mentioned in the announcement for this change, this will also help locate and react on possible issues faster.

except that lags and freezes haven't changed at all...

DeletedUser108243

so at 10am on the games tick tock all the timers reset !

or you mean 10am GMT en timer resets then 11am GMT another resets etc etc ! just going by my own time zone

so its been changed , but the problems still there :( wouldn't any rite minded person put it back the way it was and try another approach to find the problem !

all you done is made more problems now , as you now have these problems to deal with aswell as original . its all building up & up & up & up bla bla bla

DeletedUser5180

this suggests that all markets had the same recalc time so why was the option of 8pm local time not the best alternative, this would have kept the en server happier

DeletedUser16026

It appears the lag and performance issues are just the same at the new calc time darkstar, according to those that are actually able to log on at 10 am, so I fail to see how this change was effective.
While things may not be fully smooth with GvG, recently there were general technical difficulties surrounding that time. If there are downtimes or you cannot login then the game would be unplayable at that point. Though we have passed along all reports about the GvG performance.

or you mean 10am GMT en timer resets then 11am GMT another resets etc etc !
That is correct.

this suggests that all markets had the same recalc time so why was the option of 8pm local time not the best alternative, this would have kept the en server happier
The late hours are still the peak hours so a change of that type would still not have been as effective.

DeletedUser103987

If it's never going to be from 6PM-11PM can you tell us now so I can stop wasting my time on a game with no care for a communities desires.

DeletedUser103508

What a load of rubbish..... It can be taken back to 8pm.... INNO have just done us all over... less than half the fighters log in my guild at night now.... cos whats the point...??

I am told we are lucky to have 4-5 players online at calc ( cos i am at work like most who play the game).... we are the Best guild in EN with the most days at rank #1 and closest to lv 50.... its madness u think this is ok.....!!!

You moved Calc.... LAG is still here, We dont care about all the BS reasons this will be good for us "one day".... GVG as been laggy from DEC 2014.... its just got worse and worse... u will lose 80%+ of your GVG players over this.... and tbh even if u lost 100% what do u care, u have made your money.

Very depressing this is not being sorted asap... i have only seen 2 players on this thread saying "Great idea" and one of them is on my world.

I hope INNO start to look at taking it back to 8pm asap.... or lets all go play farmville