• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser99588

It was a very long update today just for a change to GvG reset time. Was anything else changed?

DeletedUser99588

:confused:

I don't see a new update
version is still: 1.60.bedb7f4 (22.09.2015 11:02)

That assumes they keep good version control. When I have posed the question in the past whether hot-fixes are version controlled I was meant with a wall of silence. Twice today I have been kicked out and when trying to return get the red banner stating update in progress.

DeletedUser16026

Nothing additional was included with the updates game-wise. The momentary second downtime was for internal system purposes. Should all be done now, if you're still experiencing issues reaching the game or any parts of it please let us know.

Major Spank

Private
Its about time Inno did something so all players get a chance, Im close to quitting all FoE worlds as I cant really be involved. Much as I enjoy the game its not very nice to wake up and see all the fun everyone had. Maybe a split calc time, 12 hours apart or only give protection for 12 hours and possibly a constantly varying time for calc.

DeletedUser106685

Put the reset for every GvG map one hour apart. That should help quite a bit with the performance.

DeletedUser108047

Sorry to raise a hoary chestnut... but the last two posts on this thread are I think worthy of further discussion.

Currently the servers reset at approx 8pm GMT. For strategic reasons most of the GvG action takes place within an hour of either side of reset.

For players either GMT+8 or more or GMT -8 or less, reset is at a very inconvenient time. I'm GMT +10 and find it near impossible to be on at reset - whereas UK and EU players can sit down after dinner...

@mark9696 idea that there be a reset every 12 hours would go a long way to making GvG more accessible to non-European players on the en servers. The suggestion would also double the amount of game play and potentially double the amount of GvG activity. You would have to presumably 'halve' the power calculation as there would then be 2 each 24 hours

Equally @tuttipizze idea of a rolling reset so that each GvG map resets at a different time would make several reset times more accessible for more players.

DeletedUser114875

Before I start I wanted to say that I'm just expressing my opinion. If you don't agree with it that's ok with me but rest assured that I won't attack you for having a different opinion. So please express your opinion if it's different to mine but save the attacking for the GVG maps.
So here goes.
1: If the reset time were to change it would certainly make all guilds become more diverse instead of mainly consisting of members that can be on line at the current reset time.
2: I think that a 24 hour reset after a sector has been conquered and not at the same time every day is a good idea.
3: An alternative to the idea is making reset a 23 or 25 hour (or some other rotation) activity. This would rotate reset allowing all time zones to participate and present all players with a greater range of times in the day to play the game.
4: I know that there are a lot of players out there that don't want any change at all. Change is not always a good thing however greater participation in the game from players all over the world and anything that will spread the load on the servers has to be considered.
Thanks for reading my post.
Regards,
Barron Munster.

Agent327

Overlord
Don't think it matters if I agree or not.

You are dragging up a thread that started in 2015 and ended 1,5 year ago.

No one cares anymore what you think.

Andrew420

Major
Ah yes another quality post
Don't think it matters if I agree or not.
Then why do feel the need to post or is it just a need to aggravate others
You are dragging up a thread that started in 2015 and ended 1,5 year ago.
So what ? the thread was never closed and its not the oldest thread that's been brought up from the dead
I think its time you let the mods do their job and you stop trying to be the forum vigilante
No one cares anymore what you think.
That's how I feel about you and how you've been dragging down the EN forum ever since you joined
You should feel proud to be the 1st player I ever ignored on the forums

It should be noted that this post will probably be removed
But I just had to post what I believe a lot of players are thinking

Agent327

Overlord
Then why do feel the need to post or is it just a need to aggravate others

He asked me to express my opinion. I expressed my opinion.

So what ? the thread was never closed and its not the oldest thread that's been brought up from the dead
I think its time you let the mods do their job and you stop trying to be the forum vigilante

Like you are doing now?

That's how I feel about you and how you've been dragging down the EN forum ever since you joined
You should feel proud to be the 1st player I ever ignored on the forums

I am. I think it is a big honour. Btw, who are you?

It should be noted that this post will probably be removed
But I just had to post what I believe a lot of players are thinking

That is funny, so do I.