• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Currencies?

DeletedUser113883

I am playing from Canada, I looked at buying diamonds, the price is listed as "$13,99." (*Note: decimal point written with a comma as in Europe).

1. Other than the "$" sign, there is no indication of currency. As far as I know, these countries also use the "$" sign:

Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brunei, Cayman Is., Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Rep., East Caribbean, Fiji, Guyana, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Kiribati, Liberia, Mexico, Namibia, New Zealand, Singapore, Solomon Is. Suriname, Taiwan, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, U.S. and Zimbabwe.

2. Doubly confusing because in N. America we don't use a "," for a decimal point.

Does anyone know what currency I'm being charged in?

Dead-Eye

General
I would think CAD. When I started I was in BKK and diamond purchases were in bhat. When I got back to England it went to pounds.

Agent327

Overlord
You are always charged in the currency the country you are playing from. If you were to play on a European server you would still have to pay in Canadian Dollars.

DeletedUser113883

You are always charged in the currency the country you are playing from. If you were to play on a European server you would still have to pay in Canadian Dollars.

It seems a bit sketchy to have to post on a forum and contact support to find out how much you are really paying.

I was told that the currency is indicated up on the receipt...after you've paid.

And that all currencies are local... except Australia. Wonder if they have to go to support, a forum and look at their receipts to find out?

Very odd.

Emberguard

Legend
I found out through Paypal before paying that I was paying in USD despite being in Australia (I think, it was a while back)

DeletedUser109496

I live in Australia, I've payed money in the game before. I was charged in AUD

DeletedUser112892

You will always be charged in currency of your country, just USD will be converted to it while exchanging.