• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural settlements

UKpils

Private
Just unlockEd this, it seems you cannot progress past first couple challenges with out buying diamonds, am I right?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Just unlockEd this, it seems you cannot progress past first couple challenges with out buying diamonds, am I right?
You don't *need* diamonds for anything in this game - they're just more or less an 'Easy Button(tm)' way of getting things done faster.

Tell us what settlement you're attempting & what you're stuck on, and we can help.

UKpils

Private
You don't *need* diamonds for anything in this game - they're just more or less an 'Easy Button(tm)' way of getting things done faster.

Tell us what settlement you're attempting & what you're stuck on, and we can help.
Gallery in the Japanese settlemen. Have the necessary requirements but still greyed out

UKpils

Private

Attachments

• 6EC6E0B2-B509-4CBE-BC17-43C23623A374.png
    6EC6E0B2-B509-4CBE-BC17-43C23623A374.png
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • D616BB2C-0D27-4885-857C-E55EC009A0B8.png
    D616BB2C-0D27-4885-857C-E55EC009A0B8.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 104
On a similar topic, I still have five land expansions outstanding in my Viking settlement, but however much of the various goods I accumulate, it appears that I need diamonds to buy them. Is that a diplomacy issue, or is it simply that the last five are "diamonds only"?

On a similar topic, I still have five land expansions outstanding in my Viking settlement, but however much of the various goods I accumulate, it appears that I need diamonds to buy them. Is that a diplomacy issue, or is it simply that the last five are "diamonds only"?
You don't need to spend diamonds (on anything in this game!). Most likely you just need more goods. If you click on the expansion button in the build menu or on one of the expansion squares, it will tell you how much you need to unlock the next expansion.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
For the most part, you should not have need of more than 8 or 9 expansions - so with your starting area, a total of 13 blocks should be more than sufficient.
Depending on how many Axes are required for Hut and Beast Hunter, will determine if you should get 3 expansions with Axes, and 2 expansions each with Mead, Horns, or Wool - or 2 with Axes and 3 with Mead (if you need significantly more Axes than Horns for Hut and Beast Hunter, than it may be best to save the cost of 12 Axes for the 3rd expansion and spend it using 12 Mead instead - but of course, your choice on how you do it).

Andrew420

Major
I still have five land expansions outstanding in my Viking settlement, but however much of the various goods I accumulate, it appears that I need diamonds to buy them. Is that a diplomacy issue, or is it simply that the last five are "diamonds only"?
There are 5 expansions for settlements that you cant buy with goods ,they cost diamonds
Those must be the 5 you have left, don't buy them you won't need them

BOZERBEAST

Private
Egyptians could someone give me the magic asps that must be needed to do battle please I get a winning combo I write it down next time same combo wipes me out whats the formula please?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
8x Nubian Archers will auto-win the 'easy' + 'medium' battles, which is all you need to focus on...

Some of the 'hard' battle combos are also easily winnable with 8x Nubians, but will require you to go in and fight those battle manually, since the AI is generally a complete idiot in how it positions your units. :P