• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

Dead-Eye

General
I have a few days left till I am done and my Yagger tree is leveled. This has gotten a bit boring and repetitive but the tree and the two fulll rhinestone things have been worthwhile. With the next one I well take it a lot more easy I think.

After searching for a couple of minutes, I couldn't find anyone who's given feedback on this. Please, redirect it to right section if this post is in the wrong place.

I'd like to suggest two relatively small improvements for the Embassy Advancement window of the Viking settlement (it may apply to the other settlements, I cannot confirm it).

1) When there isn't enough goods for unlocking the next advancement, the goods quantity has a red font with (an apparently) black outline. However, due to the bluish background and low contrast, the red number(s) is(are) almost unreadable in many displays (see attached image below), forcing the player to check the quantity in the Resource Overview .
It'd be more readable (among other possibilities) if::
- the black outline is replaced by a white outline.
- the black outline is replaced by a double outline (black and white)
- the font color and/or background is/are changed.
Some tests to achieve good readability may be needed.

Screenshot 2021-03-12 12.36.12.png

2) In the same Embassy Advancement window, there could be an option (e.g. through a simple tickbox) which would allow the player to see the accumulated remaining costs for unlocking each of the advancements instead of only the costs for a particular advancement.
This improvement would:
- be specially useful when there are 2 or 3 advancements left to be unlocked
- prevent the need to open the Resource Overview in many cases, making navigation faster.

Cheers

Last edited:
After searching for a couple of minutes, I couldn't find anyone who's given feedback on this. Please, redirect it to right section if this post is in the wrong place.

I'd like to suggest a small change in the Emassy Advancement window of the Viking settlement (it may apply to the other settlements, please check).
When there isn"t enough goods for unlocking the next advancement, the goods quantity has a red font with (an apparently) black outline. However, due to the bluish background and low contrast, the red number(s) is(are) almost unreadable in many displays (see attached image below), forcing the player to check the quantity in the Resource Overview .

It'd be more readable (among other possibilities) if::

1) the black outline is replaced by a white outline.
2) the black outline is replaced by a double outline (black and white)
3) the font color and/or background is/are changed.

Some tests to achieve good readability may be needed.

Cheers

View attachment 22999

Hello friend, did you tried to contact support from the in-game. If not, you can contact them through in-game by raising a ticket. Sometimes comments can be unnoticed, but a ticket won't be getting unnoticed situation especially in FOE, where it will have a recommended solution or response from support team.

Hello friend, did you tried to contact support from the in-game. If not, you can contact them through in-game by raising a ticket. Sometimes comments can be unnoticed, but a ticket won't be getting unnoticed situation especially in FOE, where it will have a recommended solution or response from support team.

Hey Slytherin, I didn"t know I could issue a ticket through in-game interface. I'll definitely give it a try!

Thank you for the advice!

Cheers

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Support tickets are raised in case you have any technical difficulties with the game or you want to report someone for breaching the game rules. This, or any other idea you have, you can post on this subforum.
However, before posting an idea, make sure it isn't already suggested or on our DNS (Do Not Suggest) list.
Enjoy the game! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Support tickets are raised in case you have any technical difficulties with the game or you want to report someone for breaching the game rules. This, or any other idea you have, you can post on this subforum.
However, before posting an idea, make sure it isn't already suggested or on our DNS (Do Not Suggest) list.

Thank you for your reply, DakUros222. How to put things in the right place is always good to know.

However, I feel like I have more to add to that. I also don't expect that the following comment will make Innogames change radically their customer support policy, but I'm going to write it anyway given that it hasn't been fairly easy finding a suitable thread for a simple suggestion. Moreover, I'm only writing this beacause it's sunday and I have some spare time. :lol:

If we assume that people are here to spend their time playing, we can thus imagine that in general they will not put much effort into finding the correct customer support channel, specially if there are more than one. Besides, many will give up writing more than one or two sentences of reasonable content, if any, I guess.

That said, starting from the in-game interface, when opening the settings dialog, in the settings tab, we find the "support" and "forum" buttons. A few words more than "open support-page" and "open forum in browser" near the buttons would be really helpful to specify content, specially for players seeking assistance for the first time. As stated previusly, finding the right thread in the forum to write comments and ideas was really a pain in the...ahem... neck. It didn't work for me and I bet this is really a common situation. But it seems that's one of the reasons why all of you moderators are here. :D, i.e. to put tings in the right place as we players are costumarily unable to do so.

Last but no least, consider the following thought as a strategic reasoning for Innogames as a service provider whose customer channels have different functions, that is, only one of the them accepts suggestions. If the player makes a mistake and uses the wrong channel, we can think of two extremes: (1) the player is too lazy/dumb (whatever the attribute) to find the correct channel or (2) it's relatively difficult (or too fifficult) for him/her to find it, whatever the reasons. Most probably in our case we are somewhere in-between those two extremes, yet only the second one is within reach of Innogames, the service provider.

Cheers

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
Already over the timer and with 2 final quests to complete in Vikings for Lv9 Ygg and need 281 horns (excluding the final 10)...who sorts out these stats? 100 down only 181 to go with 4 beasts working overtime lollll

Shad23

Emperor
i'd add make sure it's in proper format
in idea section you need to use format mentioned in link below :
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/how-the-ideas-section-works.43102/

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Already over the timer and with 2 final quests to complete in Vikings for Lv9 Ygg and need 281 horns (excluding the final 10)...who sorts out these stats? 100 down only 181 to go with 4 beasts working overtime lollll
I am finishing up my last Vikings in about 5 hours with collection of all 4 goods - and currently have 17 hours to go - so I will get all 15 fragments easily!
I needed 165 wool for the Mead\ Hall!!! That was not fun to do.