• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser107470

Great idea that is completely screw up because the bonus allocation can and will screw a heap of players. Would never recommend doing this and won’t touch any variation of this idea until the allocation of the bonus is fixed. Utter crap to get 10% on average and with a 20% payout,

DeletedUser108359

; " if the Settlement can't be completed in time, abandon it and return a couple of days later."

I would not recommend doing this, simply because you dont always know if you can complete it in time ( not taking diamond use into account ) so you may have done it for over a week then decide you cant make it in time and abandon it.
The time limit only applies to the Runestone fragments, so no matter how long it takes, you will still get the final reward, either the Emissary or the Yggdrasil upgrades.
My belief is either complete it or do the 25 FP loop

DeletedUser115876

IMO the Runestone isn't even that great a building so I'm not fussed on the time bonus. The Yggridisil (sp) is the powerful reward and all that needs is to complete the settlement. I enjoy the settlements as a change of pace and look forward to what Egypt brings us.

DeletedUser107470

Agree it slow and repetitive, but it is more repetitive and slower because inno want address the issue with how bonus are allocated. This needs to be fixed before adding to this part of the game, The further I go it’s getting harder to complete as getting no bonus, Still paying out only half stated amount,

Fixed the allocation system. This part of the game has screwed to many people for to long

DeletedUser111428

IMO the Runestone isn't even that great a building so I'm not fussed on the time bonus. The Yggridisil (sp) is the powerful reward and all that needs is to complete the settlement. I enjoy the settlements as a change of pace and look forward to what Egypt brings us.

Hi Gordon! I also enjoy the Vikings Settlement as a different type of challenge that is being offered by Forge of Empires. I personally like the fact that the Impediments being "offered" by a Settlement at the beginning force you to plan your Settlement layout accordingly so that you maximize the efficiency of the Settlement as much as possible...it even helped me to get better at planning the layout of my main city :)

As for the Great Runestone...well I appreciate the fact that it can provide me a 2 % Attack Boost AND 2 Forge Points, from a 2 x 2 Building (trust me, at higher Eras, you need as much Attack Boost % as possible for Guild Expeditions and GvG! :D) but, of course, this forces me to complete the Settlement as quickly as possible to get my hands on some fragments :)

Let's see what the upcoming Egyptians Settlement will bring us in terms of challenges, bonuses...and reward! :)

Laobhan

Private
Ok for the unemployed then, but the rest of us don't have time for it.
I have completed 6 settlements, all but the first one on time. I spent diamonds on the first but not on the others, I am employed it is doable, you just have to plan it well, of course I am allowed to use my mobile phone at work and take a couple of seconds to collect and set up roughly every two hours or so.

DeletedUser117462

I finished 16 settlements to get the Level 9 Yddrasil. The 4x payout really helps in later levels as it is 24%, so if you have 4 cultural buildings at least one culture building is paying out 4 x every collection. I completed them to get the Level 9 Yddrasil (sp) because it is 3 x 3 building with a 10% attack bonus and 8 fps and goods per day. I used a diamonds for expansions at first but just stay on a 4 hour collection cycle except at night. So here is my comment/question ... We all know that many just do the first 5 tasks and collect 25 fps in about 8 hours, then abandon the Village and wait 24 hours and then repeat. If you are not a fighter and looking for every attack point possible, it is the smart way to do the settlements. If you do a settlement without diamonds it takes about 10 to 14 days to do each quest, and once you past level 9 Yddrasil, all you get at the end of it is 50 fps. While if you just abandon the Village everyday you get 250 fps in those 10 days. Why complete the settlement at all after you get the Level 9 Yddrasil? Perhaps if the grand prize offered more fps or attack bonus or something, worth while it would be more appealing.

DeletedUser105522

Here is the idea which should be developed by Inno:
The number of emissaries we earn should be reduced but the benefits they provide improved. Right now emissaries are very weak and useless except for one which give +1 fp.... We need something very unique for the emissary which provides +1 unit I think. It would be nice if they provided us with a special unit ( A General or commander unit which would be good for any era) . A unit which you don’t fight with but can place in a sector in GvG in order to improve defence bonus of that sector. Those special generals or commanders wouldn’t overflow the game because emissaries would provide only 1 per day per player.. I think this would make GvG more dynamic and interesting :)
Or a unit which would make your fighting army stronger. A leader some sort but not crappy “leaders” like Drummers or Color Guards. Unit which would be worth replacing one of our VF units with. Anyway, I think you got the idea.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Here is the idea which should be developed by Inno:
The number of emissaries we earn should be reduced but the benefits they provide improved. Right now emissaries are very weak and useless except for one which give +1 fp.... We need something very unique for the emissary which provides +1 unit I think. It would be nice if they provided us with a special unit ( A General or commander unit which would be good for any era) . A unit which you don’t fight with but can place in a sector in GvG in order to improve defence bonus of that sector. Those special generals or commanders wouldn’t overflow the game because emissaries would provide only 1 per day per player.. I think this would make GvG more dynamic and interesting :)
Or a unit which would make your fighting army stronger. A leader some sort but not crappy “leaders” like Drummers or Color Guards. Unit which would be worth replacing one of our VF units with. Anyway, I think you got the idea.

GVG doesn't work in mobile, changing the game only to impact pc users is not gonna fly.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I finished 16 settlements to get the Level 9 Yddrasil. The 4x payout really helps in later levels as it is 24%, so if you have 4 cultural buildings at least one culture building is paying out 4 x every collection. I completed them to get the Level 9 Yddrasil (sp) because it is 3 x 3 building with a 10% attack bonus and 8 fps and goods per day. I used a diamonds for expansions at first but just stay on a 4 hour collection cycle except at night. So here is my comment/question ... We all know that many just do the first 5 tasks and collect 25 fps in about 8 hours, then abandon the Village and wait 24 hours and then repeat. If you are not a fighter and looking for every attack point possible, it is the smart way to do the settlements. If you do a settlement without diamonds it takes about 10 to 14 days to do each quest, and once you past level 9 Yddrasil, all you get at the end of it is 50 fps. While if you just abandon the Village everyday you get 250 fps in those 10 days. Why complete the settlement at all after you get the Level 9 Yddrasil? Perhaps if the grand prize offered more fps or attack bonus or something, worth while it would be more appealing.

Well, the whole reason you would have spent diamonds for expansions (extremely easy to do it without doing that anyway) is to make the Greater Runestone fragment time limit (which is a bad way of doing it anyway but I digress) so not just for the 50fp, but also for more fragments right? So you could eventually replace every single SoK you have with Max level Greater runestones? Take a long time for me, but 50 of those maxed would be crazy good.

Otherwise for just fp and little effort, yeah I'd do the 25fp every 1.5 days over spending a week stressing out with the 4x never happening even with higher percentages, causing you to fail and waste your time constantly.

Or maybe make it that after the 15th, you don't have to lose your settlement anymore and it could be a constant FP producing village, with all the culture stuff turned into FP generation or something cool. I still do not understand why there is so many expansion slots for the viking village when at max you need only like 8 to do the entire thing before wrecking everything cool you've built to complete the last three quests back to back.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Settlement changed. There is now a dock thing to the boat, and the runestones have different sizes.
2019-05-13 21_44_33-Forge of Empires.png
2019-05-13 18_05_30-Forge of Empires.png

DeletedUser96901

I think they should spend their time on the next settlements and not make useless alternative images for the current settlement

or how about different versions of the SoK
I have over 100 and they look all the same