• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

I run an average size guild of 12. Half consider vikings at best, a waste of effort. At least 3 of those 5 have worked out, destruction and reconstruction is the key. This has not spurred enthusiasm, but rather, has killed the whole concept for the 5. The remaining members of the guild have not responded so, they are either not doing the minigame or are spending diamonds to do so. The only reason i am still doing it is to confirm, that the game cannot be won without massive expenditure of diamonds. I am a bit bloody minded that way. But after completing 11 quests, i doubt i will be going any further. The concept does nothing to endear itself to my guild. I won't obviously, can't speak for others.
it CAN be won without diamonds. i haven't used any on beta but I have my ydgrassill at level 2 an emissary with another on the way and after my present run through i will have the rune stone. then its just a matter of time and levelling them up

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
it CAN be won without diamonds. i haven't used any on beta but I have my ydgrassill at level 2 an emissary with another on the way and after my present run through i will have the rune stone. then its just a matter of time and levelling them up
Shush you! Stop talking sense and make with more of the "Oh noes - the sky is falling INNO suuuuuuuuckszz1!!!11!1!!!"
We all *know* that everything in the game is totally impossible and requires thousands of diamonds to ever hope to complete any kind of event. ;););)

DeletedUser116322

i'm on level 14 and need 4 mead to finish 15. the problem comes next, to unlock Clan House it costs 119 ( one hundred and nineteen ) wool, 5 horns and 13 mead, how on earth am i going to finish this thing in 4d18h ?
to me this is utterly stupid, 119 wool

DeletedUser96901

I would produce it in 3 buildings
8h 8h 4h per day
makes in 2 days 150 wool

DeletedUser116322

got my 1st wool farm going
the prizes of level 15 were heaven sent, 200 medals + 5 forge points

Ok. The Viking settlement... finished all the development, unlocked and built all the buildings.... but not done yet. The last task involves getting 200 more diplomacy, 2 more production buildings (in my case) requiring likely another clan house (or at least hut) so likely 4 more buildings and 3 expansions to do it. Excuse me while I vent a bit but that’s BS. 19 tasks of a building and likely an expansion for each right to the end and then 4 buildings and at least three expansions for the last one! Not that they care but I’m not the least bit impressed with that. I’ve haven’t tried to plan it out yet, but I’m not thinking there’s much hope in the 2 days I have left. Doubt I’ll bother with another one. The special buildings, while interesting and valuable just aren’t worth it.

DeletedUser116572

Ok. The Viking settlement... finished all the development, unlocked and built all the buildings.... but not done yet. The last task involves getting 200 more diplomacy, 2 more production buildings (in my case) requiring likely another clan house (or at least hut) so likely 4 more buildings and 3 expansions to do it. Excuse me while I vent a bit but that’s BS. 19 tasks of a building and likely an expansion for each right to the end and then 4 buildings and at least three expansions for the last one! Not that they care but I’m not the least bit impressed with that. I’ve haven’t tried to plan it out yet, but I’m not thinking there’s much hope in the 2 days I have left. Doubt I’ll bother with another one. The special buildings, while interesting and valuable just aren’t worth it.
delete your goods buildings and build diplomacy
that should take no more than an hour
then delete the diplomacy and build goods buildings
you dont even have to wait for them to finish building
all told you should be able to finish in 90 minutes tops

DeletedUser111510

OK I just finished my first viking settlement, got the tree thing and the fragments. When do we get the emissary?

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
at first i thought i couldn't finish the settlement in 15 days because others who chatted about their progress were ahead of me
but in the end i finished with extra 2 days to spare although the said others did finish earlier
I feel sorried for the vikings though because i deleted everything except 6 goods buildings and the population building to support them
left Ruinstones everywhere like tombstones along with some earlier completed Totems to reach the 1200 diplomacy
everthing is disconnected and the mead hall is deleted immediately after laying down the foundation
and none of the Old Willows get finished
still the vikings thanks me their thane and said they will be able to self sustain from then on

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Just finished my first settlement with about 3 and bit hours to spare!:D

I managed it with only adding 8 expansions, which def slowed me up needlessly... (I added a 9th expansion for the final quest after realising I could easily produce enough wool >.< )
I also badly over-produced my copper, ending up with about 18k to spare!lol.

Lessons for the next settlement:
1. don't be quite so freaked over maintaining copper.
2. getting 3 impediments in your starting area sucks big time!
3. this new feature is an absolutely great way to finally get back into my Space Wolves while also playing FoE!lol. ;)

Last edited: