• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlements Update - Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I'm sorry, how many have you completed? 3 or 4?

half way through the last Aztec settlement needed for a fully upgraded Sun Temple, have I hit gold every time? No, but that is fine you do not need diamonds to get the main prize the 2x2 building is a bonus and as such is not a necessity

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
half way through the last Aztec settlement needed for a fully upgraded Sun Temple

You know nothing, Jon Snow. Aztec becomes much harder the further you go. It was perfectly fine first 4-5 settlements. I struggled around 8th to get gold. I'm not struggling at 11th as at my activity level it is impossible.
I even know one of the reasons for that - x4 doesn't work on minigame, which was how late stages of japan were completed in time.

There are more active people, of course. But settlements shouldn't require 16 hours a day of activity.

At current Aztecs stage I start to believe it was a miscalculation by game designers. Or it is intentional to not let anyone get more than two jade relics, we'll see with Mughals.

Beaujeau

Private
What is your problem? Why are diamonds needed for Aztec at all? There is plenty of time to finish the settlement without having to use a single diamond. If you are whining about needing to spend a bunch of diamonds to do the settlements - maybe you need to learn how to do things first, so your comment clearly shows you do not understand it very well.
Thankyou for your condescension. As it happens I have been playing the game since 2012 and so probably know it much better than you. Inno obviously needs to make a profit, but there is no need for extortion, which is what the Aztec settlement is. As it is,you either sit there and be frustrated to hell by silly impediments, ridiculous build and then instantly delete tasks etc etc. or you short cut this hell using diamonds. The third option is not to play it at all, which given the lack of Temples in cities, is what most people with more than two brain cells have obviously decided to do. In short, if you want to get mugged better to go down a dark alley somewhere. It will be less painful than Aztecs and certainly it will be over much quicker, Good luck with your settlement btw :lol:.

Last edited:
half way through the last Aztec settlement needed for a fully upgraded Sun Temple, have I hit gold every time? No, but that is fine you do not need diamonds to get the main prize the 2x2 building is a bonus and as such is not a necessity
Agreed. On the last round to get the Sun Temple fully upgraded. Was able to get 1 2x2 fully upgraded and a second one at level 3. No diamonds needed. Just a bit of thought

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
Agreed. On the last round to get the Sun Temple fully upgraded. Was able to get 1 2x2 fully upgraded and a second one at level 3. No diamonds needed. Just a bit of thought
Lets rephrase a bit. You need diamonds to get gold reward in later walkthroughs, or you need to sit at 5 min production for quite a while. Or you need not to miss 1h cycle. In other words, 8-8-4 which made Japan and Egypt an easy go, and which is the only sane way to do settlements, is no longer an option.
I don't believe it should be the case. You are okay with not getting the gold. I made my peace with that, but it's still frustrating.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
So it's an entitlement thing then? What about players that do even more than what you feel is the minimum? Should they feel entitled to even more than you? Or is everyone equal after that point?
Guess you can say so. That was valid for all 3 previous settlements.
Not trying to whine here, as I said I made peace with the fact. Just wondering if it's a conscious decision from inno to increase the factor of random, or it was overlooked. In any case, that's a feedback they (should) look for.

OrionMnt

Corporal
Done Aztecs, last levels were like 50%/50%, if you get good RNG or minesweeper goods you can gold it, otherwise you can't (F2P). If they just added x4 to works from the games for goods/loot like Japan/Egypt, it would be doable all the time like all other settlements, but whatever, back to Egypt with best stacking rewards until the next one :P

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Really, all they needed to do was have the flying island give currency for the settlement you find it in, or at least have a chance to do so, would have fixed up Aztech and all previous settlements nicely. It's nice when things are made easier with progression - can work on the GB to make Settlements require less babaysitting. That and the fact that the only way to get more goods daily from Aztech, is with diamonds since the goods do not 4x from the minigame.

If you couldn't 4x loot in Eygpt, it'd still be possible to gold just a lot slower, a lot a lot.

Really, after Aztech I am hoping the next Settlement is a breaze. And not just even more babysitting and an even higher diamond/luck requirement. Imagine if the first shrine took four hours to build or something.

The theme and artwork of the upcoming Mughal Empire buildings look great. :rolleyes:
However, settlements, in general, could benefit from a radicle change in restricting impediment mechanics to something more fun and rewarding.
The flying Island GB is hard to obtain BP's or goods to build and is still only for veteran players.
This relatively new GB could be introduced at an earlier age in my opinion so making settlements more worthwhile.

The Flying Island is a little too mysterious:
1) We need a countdown clock to the next shard attempt.
2) It should be stated that the 4 hour clock resets after the GB is Leveled - this is assumed to be occurring.

The Flying Island is a little too mysterious:
1) We need a countdown clock to the next shard attempt.
2) It should be stated that the 4 hour clock resets after the GB is Leveled - this is assumed to be occurring.

Another update coming and still The Floating Island is too mysterious. Not even an answer to 2nd point as to whether the 4 hour clock resets after the GB is leveled.
And we need to know when the next shard attempt is so we level after the attempt