• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date
Did you think forthcoming settlements would be the same as Vikings or easier?

Personally I would expect them to become harder, more difficult and more competitive, but that is only my alien opinion.

I expected it to be pretty much the same, not sure if it's harder yet. I'm only a couple of days into the 1st try and I keep forgetting about it so it's very slow going. :lol:
Don't think I'll be able to make the gold time

Agent327

Overlord
one question:
does the merchant sell goods we don't have unlocked yet ?

or does he only hate me
today 3 times painting (yesterday 3 times soy). but I already bought that expansion yesterday with the paintings I produced

at least once armor & instruments please for the 8 goods expansions

He hates you. I am getting armor and instruments.

DeletedUser116322

in the merchant, if you press the dismiss button do you lose that negotiation that time?

DeletedUser96901

in the merchant, if you press the dismiss button do you lose that negotiation that time?
you lose those goods

but you need to dismiss the offer if you don't negotiate to get a new one the next day
if you keep it it will stay the same and you won't get a different offer the next day

DeletedUser116322

you lose those goods
thank you so much:rolleyes: i thought so
i didn't want to try it out in case it was what you've just said
i've had to spend now some of my GE win diamonds to complete a few negotiations otherwise it will probably take for ever to finish

DeletedUser114342

I haven’t started yet, still got 2 more Viking settlements to do thanks to rotten luck of not getting enough 4x goods. The bright side is the 85fp I will get for doing 2 more settlements :)

But, from the feedback here, feudal Japan looks a lot easier to do.

DeletedUser116322

what really kills it are the costs to unlock things
my next 3 costs of soy will be 84,114,147:(

Agent327

Overlord
give me patience to endure this
what has "you need less of the other goods" got anything to do with me needing 84,114,147 soy?
absolutely nothing

The total number of goods you need is always the same. If you need more soy you need less of the other goods. I already told you this.

DeletedUser116322

The total number of goods you need is always the same.
i don't care if total number of goods is always the same or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with what i originally said

If you need more soy you need less of the other goods
(both hands together pointing to the heavens) give me patience to endure this, it doesn't stop
I DON'T NEED LESS OR MORE OF THE OTHER GOODS
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
so end of story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need lots of soy, that's what i'm trying to say, simple as that

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
i don't care if total number of goods is always the same or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with what i originally said

Yes it does.

(both hands together pointing to the heavens) give me patience to endure this, it doesn't stop
I DON'T NEED LESS OR MORE OF THE OTHER GOODS
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
I NEED LOTS OF SOY
so end of story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need lots of soy, that's what i'm trying to say, simple as that

Place more soy been fields. Simple as that.

DeletedUser117867

'Harika bir oyun. Vikingleri bitirip feodal japonyaya başlamak için sabırsızlanıyorum.

Mod Edit [Translation] - Great game. I can't wait to finish the Vikings and start feudal Japan.

DeletedUser116322

'Harika bir oyun. Vikingleri bitirip feodal japonyaya başlamak için sabırsızlanıyorum
Google Translate, translated from Turkish
'Great game. I can't wait to finish the Vikings and start feudal Japan.
edit
maybe he doesn't speak English and won't understand what you're asking him to do :rolleyes:

DeletedUser107692

I am quite enjoying the Japanese Settlements. I got extremely lucky as my first merchant sold me 50 Instruments which allowed me to buy 5 expansions so I can't really judge the difficulty compared to the vikings yet. Only that the stones are even more annoying because the buildings are bigger.
At least it plays a bit differently with the buildings being bigger and the inclusion of the merchant but I had hoped for some kind of bonus for people who completed viking settlements. Maybe something like a .35% increased chance for the goods proc per completed settlement so we don't have to start at 3% all over again. Not that I expected anything but one can hope. It's just kind of sad because the japanese is basically the same as the vikings so having us start at 0 and do the whole slog all over again. I wouldn't have minded not getting any bonus from the vikings if the japanese played significantly differently but as it doesn't I do.

Ah well, here's hoping the merchant sells me 56 soy and 28 instruments today so I can finish the settlement. One can hope :P

Any Empire

Sergeant
I enjoy playing the Japanese settlement more than the Vikings. Merchant adds some fun, graphics are wonderful, and the pace is quicker. The only drawback is that the Temple and Dojo just don't work as well for me as do the Viking's Yaggy and Runestones...... However, FOE (for me) is fun because it requires making strategic choices and weighing various trade-offs. I'll do both: Vikings for buildings, Japanese to have a bit of fun. Lookiing forward to seeing what Inno plans for the Egyptian settlement.

DeletedUser

The Japenese Merchant is a great feature:)it has enable me to open expansions quicker, and reducing the need to produce goods. Hope this feature will be added to future settlements:)