• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

apart from the insult what do you mean by "don't use the information from the first (and second) turn?
it means
your chance is only 7.78% (not 5%) if the 2nd and 3rd turn don't use information from the previous ones

but that isn't even possible
a red result on one offer already prevents you from offering it on another slot

I don't have the done the math of the real chances which needs to consider those informations
but they are much closer to 50% than to your 5%

simply use the information from the first turn in which you offer each of the 5 things
red: isn't used. don't offer it on another slot (what isn't even possible but in the 7.78% calculation it would be done)
yellow: is needed but on another slot.(offer it at least once on another slot. in the 7.78% chances that is also not done every time)
green: unknown information for the remaining open slots: can be used again or not

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116322

it means
your chance is only 7.78% (not 5%) if the 2nd and 3rd turn don't use information from the previous ones

but that isn't even possible
a red result on one offer already prevents you from offering it on another slot

I don't have the done the math of the real chances which needs to consider those informations
but they are much closer to 50% than to your 5%

simply use the information from the first turn in which you offer each of the 5 things
red: isn't used. don't offer it on another slot (what isn't even possible but in the 7.78% calculation it would be done)
yellow: is needed but on another slot.(offer it at least once on another slot. in the 7.78% chances that is also not done every time)
green: unknown information for the remaining open slots: can be used again or not
so the idiot comment was it really necessary?
you might need to do 4, 5, 6 total turns depending how bad the combination is
for example, if every symbol is used once, you might in some cases may need up to 4 extra moves after the first move to get the right order
and so on and on
so all the above doesn't make any sense what you're saying
by the way the 5% was just an "educated" guess
edit
"there is like (probably) a 5% chance"
so the 5% was never a fixed amount but an "educated" estimate

DeletedUser96901

you might need to do 4, 5, 6 total turns depending how bad the combination is
for example, if every symbol is used once, you might in some cases may need up to 4 extra moves after the first move to get the right order
and so on and on
then you fail
with a bad run even 10 times in a row (but with 5% you would fail on average 19 from 20 times)

if you don't want to waste your goods then don't use the merchant
you need more time and most likely fail with the fastest time

I am happy that is only 5 things and 2 each
and not 9 different things and 9 each like in difficult DC
and then I win the 10 FP most times

"there is like (probably) a 5% chance"
so the 5% was never a fixed amount but an "educated" estimate
and educated guess should be 50%
considering the fact that you learn in each turn and are not an idiot who ignores the previous turn

5% is a guess from somebody who don't know how it works and ignores the things he learns
and would randomly offer from the 4 other things for each position
but only the first turn would be completely random. but you don't even play random in the first turn. you offer 5 different things with the goal to get as many information as possible

so giving the chance for playing completely random when actually playing strategy is educated ?

DeletedUser116322

then you fail
with a bad run even 10 times in a row (but with 5% you would fail on average 19 from 20 times)
the 5% would be on one run (from start to end) only and not on 19/20 runs!?:(

if you don't want to waste your goods then don't use the merchant
you need more time and most likely fail with the fastest time
who's talking about wasting goods, now you're going off the deep end:(

and educated guess should be 50%
considering the fact that you learn in each turn and are not an idiot who ignores the previous turn

5% is a guess from somebody who don't know how it works and ignores the things he learns
and would randomly offer from the 4 other things for each position
but only the first turn would be completely random. but you don't even play random in the first turn. you offer 5 different things with the goal to get as many information as possible

so giving the chance for playing completely random when actually playing strategy is educated ?
now it's really going from bad to worst:(
do you need to used the word "idiot" repeatedly?:(

DeletedUser96901

the 5% would be on one run
the 5% would be
turn 1: offer whatever you want
turn 2: on all not solved position you chose from all 4 remaining for that position ignoring the other positions
turn 3: on all not solved position you chose from all 3 remaining for that position ignoring the other positions
(and that is not even possible: if on one position a good is declined you can't offer it anymore on the other positions on the next turn)

imagine:
one good is offered on all 5 positions. you will have success 100%
because in the first turn you get 4 red and there you can only offer the one correct one
if you play without information from previous turns you would still only solve this in 5% (or to be correct: 7.78%) because you would offer the red ones on different positions again

and because I played correct I couldn't even fail on this negotiation.
8goods.jpg

and not on 19/20 runs!?
actually 5% is failing 19 from 20 runs

so you would need to negotiate 20 times on average to be one time successful

DeletedUser116322

and because I played correct I couldn't even fail on this negotiation.
wow, now that was a difficult one to solve :lol::lol::lol:
edit
that had a 8 goods choice
and seven goods, red on the second run
even "educated" could figure that one out, they were all Tea Silk, obviously :rolleyes:

DeletedUser96901

haha my merchant is so funny
after unlocking him he offered me 3 times soy
:mad:

DeletedUser11207

Feudal Japan is clearly designed to make it much harder to complete within the time limit ... the expansions are harder to get so for the later levels I don't see how people will manage to avoid spending diamonds on them (I completed Vikings without doing so).

DeletedUser96901

Feudal Japan is clearly designed to make it much harder to complete within the time limit .
actually it is easier

. the expansions are harder to get
but the buildings are more effective and you need less expansions

ja, i can see that, 5 days into the game and i'm only up to the gallery:(
it started 2 days ago

and gallery today is perfect in time

but the merchant don't like me and only gave me soy today
maybe more luck tomorrow

and share info via this forum things should get easier.
only buy expansions for 8 goods:

the merchant will help to get the expansions for later goods without the need to unlock those goods buildings
(if he would be nice and not give 3x soy)

lucky people already have 2 or 3 more expansion because of the goods from the merchant

DeletedUser116322

it started 2 days ago
thank you, you are right, this must be all this heat here in Portugal that's making me to get my dates all mixed up from heat exhaustion:)
edit
to be precise, it's the 3rd day into the game and i must have thought it started on Monday

Off to bed, looking forward to the rest of this drama in the morning!!

For what it's worth I think I dislike this one even more than the Vikings.

Boorg

Captain
Off to bed, looking forward to the rest of this drama in the morning!!

Goodnight :) :) :)

If I was you I would try hard not to dream about the drama otherwise you might not be able to sleep. :D :D :D

For what it's worth I think I dislike this one even more than the Vikings.

Did you think forthcoming settlements would be the same as Vikings or easier?

Personally I would expect them to become harder, more difficult and more competitive, but that is only my alien opinion.

DeletedUser96901

one question:
does the merchant sell goods we don't have unlocked yet ?

or does he only hate me
today 3 times painting (yesterday 3 times soy). but I already bought that expansion yesterday with the paintings I produced

at least once armor & instruments please for the 8 goods expansions