• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlements - Aztecs Feedback

pipo69

Private
I started Aztecs now and got the feeling it is slow. Most likely it is just a feeling and will disspear after a couple of runs.

1h built for shrine did surprise me. Normaly that would be the case for more adanced currency producing buildings.

The buildings appear to look nicer are more collourfull than with previous settlements.

Finished the first first 3 mini games and got some goods. The minigame in itself is a nice variation and addition to the game. Though I did not like the envirement surrounding it. Everything about the minigame is screaming please spend diamonds or you will fail and miss out on goods.

For most features and event it is possible to complete everything succcesfull without paying diamonds. With the limit of 12 turns for 12 goods on such huge playing field the chance to get all 12 goods is pure luck. It has nothing to do with strategy, hard work or deteminiation. If you want all the goods you to have such an exceptional lucky day that I do not think many of us will ever succeed in it. The alternative is to keep spending diamonds till you have them all. And once you have them you will get prompted with the question to spend even more diamonds so that your resulting goods gets boosted...

Will try to finish the first run within the bonus time limit without spending diamonds.

Madmire

Private
Finished my first Aztecs and starting my second.

Aztecs feels like Vikings with new artwork, overpriced expansions with permanent impediments (something you could avoid in Vikings), and a minigame about 1/3rd as functionally useful as the Japan minigame.
Between the overpriced epansions with all having impediments, Egypt's Road Tax and the 1 hour build time on shrines, this settlement must be hell for phone players.

Inno's designers have done a fantastic job of combining the worst elements of the previous settlements.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Aztecs feels like Vikings with new artwork, overpriced expansions with permanent impediments (something you could avoid in Vikings), and a minigame about 1/3rd as functionally useful as the Japan minigame.
What do you mean by avoiding impediments? I am currently Round 8 Vikings (and completed Japan), and impediments are there too. If you abandon and decide to redo it later, it has the exact same impediment locations. Other than learning to ignore or work around them - what are you avoiding?

PomPoms

Sergeant
It really is hard work! The expansions are way too expensive as the extra goods from the mini-game do not amount to much. I am on my first round, and I can’t see finishing anywhere near on time. After Egypt being so breezy, this is going to be hard to keep going....

Madmire

Private
What do you mean by avoiding impediments? I am currently Round 8 Vikings (and completed Japan), and impediments are there too. If you abandon and decide to redo it later, it has the exact same impediment locations. Other than learning to ignore or work around them - what are you avoiding?

Typical Viking strategy is to only buy expansions with no impediments. I found a less than ideally placed expansion with no impediment was superior to a better located expansion with an impediment sticking out of the middle of it. There are 7 expansions with no impediment, and 5 expansions with only 1 impediment. That leaves you with 8 expansions and 'one' square blocked by impediments. For Aztecs you'll eventually end up with 8 expansions and 6 squares blocked but the 2 square impediments have an even bigger impact as your removal tools will lag well behind your expansion acquisition.

Last edited:

poodle666

Private
It really is hard work! The expansions are way too expensive as the extra goods from the mini-game do not amount to much. I am on my first round, and I can’t see finishing anywhere near on time. After Egypt being so breezy, this is going to be hard to keep going....

Aztecs has an impediment on EVERY block - there is NO avoiding them. To clear you will have to spend diamonds. I am doing the first run to give it a fair go but right now do not expect I will bother with a second attempt. Better off doing Japan for the 50 FP LOL

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I just gotta say having just started my first Aztech run...

This settlement sucks. How did they go backwards?
I heard before they said they made it harder then Vikings, which is the hardest settlement in the game. But like, why make it like this? are you trying to force people to spend diamonds?

At least the time building is terrible and not worth it. But sheesh this settlement is terrible. Such a slow start.