• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlements - Aztecs Feedback

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
requirements need to be front and centre we are still explaining to people on the beta forum why they don't see it

Last edited:

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Cool, haven’t played minesweeper in 20 years..

Little disappointing that after 9 upgrades the temple is less space efficient for defence than sentinel outposts but it’s ok.

Do any of the emissaries come with additional emissary slots?

Jhuie

Sergeant
1 thing i dont like the fact that you have to be in colonial sge and have unocked colonies

Forwandert

Major-General
Those jade statues are very decent daily production for the size. I usually take my time and ignore the fragments but might be tempted to speed up a little for those.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
They nerfed the 2x2 from 5 fp to 3 fp, to be honest, at 3fp the Egypt 2x2 is better in every way, in that you basically get 2% defence boost per settlement 100% of the time while still getting good 0.5 fp per squad.

Interesting that it also require CA, which means the many new IA campers thanks to GBG cannot do it. (IA being the best age to GBG in).

Minigame looks fun though, glad for it, was quite interested when I heard that this would be "harder then Viking" when Viking is the hardest settlement in the game to complete on time

Merihim

Private
It's called encouragement not discrimination, in any case the earlier Settlements are pre-Colonial but Aztecs were not encountered until the Colonial Era which makes the requirement historically apt. Nobody is forcing any Player to advance farther than they wish, sooner than they wish, simply restricting access to provide some much needed historical veracity.
Aztec culture has nothing to do with the colonial era. Their culture existed before the so-called "European colonial era".
According to this logic, they should also ban the Japanese segment

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
How?

Not keen on that we don’t need more diamond sinks

Well, I mean, the Egypt settlement means you should never have a Sok in your city ever, can do the settlement in <one week at a time, allowing for tons of its 2x2. which give 6% in a 2x2, and every new one you place is instantly a 2% increase

Merihim

Private
Aztec culture has nothing to do with the colonial era. Their culture existed before the so-called "European colonial era".
They also had a stone, bronze and I don't know what era.
The game is called the Forge of Empires, not the European Forge of Empires.
And if you think that GBG in the lower eras is easy, you have no idea about the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Europe knew about the eastern empires and cultures through trade and battle. Remember, they sailed west to India to prove the world was round, when they ran into South America (and the Aztecs not least).

Last edited:

Zzzzzzz...

Private
It's called encouragement not discrimination, in any case the earlier Settlements are pre-Colonial but Aztecs were not encountered until the Colonial Era which makes the requirement historically apt. Nobody is forcing any Player to advance farther than they wish, sooner than they wish, simply restricting access to provide some much needed historical veracity.

Yeah right... because the Aztecs never existed before some European stumbled over them... :rolleyes: Who or what has been your history teacher?
And even we accept this ridiculously white version of "history", how would that explain that IA payers had access to the Japanese settlement?