• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Anyone else notice glitches with the units?
ie. opposing team still shoots at hidden archers? Camels don’t always shoot back At opposing units? The opposing units retaliate with stronger attacks than our original attack (eg. fighter vs fighter, the enemy makes more damage)? Enemy elephants get the special attack/ kill far more often?

update.. over 30 days into the second round.. finally received my first bonus on Egyptian goods and on loot. I completed my first round in 26 days (thanks to bonuses), and understand the likelihood of bonuses is supposed to go up with each round. Why would I not get one of either until the very end, after the first deadline has passed..?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
update.. over 30 days into the second round.. finally received my first bonus on Egyptian goods and on loot. I completed my first round in 26 days (thanks to bonuses), and understand the likelihood of bonuses is supposed to go up with each round. Why would I not get one of either until the very end, after the first deadline has passed..?

Its all chance/luck based, 7% at the 2nd round is still pretty low.

Also I completed my first Egypt settlement in 14 days with 0 4x procs of either loot or goods, what are you doing? x3

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Its all chance/luck based, 7% at the 2nd round is still pretty low.

Also I completed my first Egypt settlement in 14 days with 0 4x procs of either loot or goods, what are you doing? x3
Obviously not running nearly enough factories. ;)

On my 4th run through now in my main city/3rd in my 'junk' city...
Been getting skunked MASSIVELY on any x4 procs, but I can still easily run 3 factories & have just researched Clay Houses in both. By tomorrow night, my main city will have the goods to unlock through Flower Farms, and then by Monday I'll have the expansions to run 5 factories, provided I stop getting hosed by crappy battles & low loot production. >:(
(ie: 2 days in a row now, been given the 4x chariot + 4x cammels 'hard' battle, while the previous one to that was an ungodly mix of cammels + chariots + a couple elephants = my nubian archers are sad pandas...)

By Monday night, I'll still have 16 + a bit days left for the first timed prize, and that's with so far having exactly 0 procs of ANY x4 payout, despite now having 11% chance.

Losing battles/ not getting enough loot made it so I couldn’t run factories.. had plenty, but doesn’t matter how many I have, if I don’t have enough loot to do anything with them. Had two camel, two archery, and a khopesh fighter camp; so, wouldn’t have thought I had an issue with my army..
Just found it odd that round 1 was such a breeze, then round 2 had me stuck so many times and got pretty frustrating.
Anyhow, I welcome any tips for the next round (I’ve watched the YouTube videos, and had a great first round.. but I’m back to round 4 of Vikings, since i’d rather strategy over luck)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yeah, I do the entire thing with just 2 Nubian archer camps and 0 Deben production buildings.
Then eventually get elephants to help with the 8 single wave hard battle against the things that counter the archers, that's the only hard battle I skip, need to make sure you skip it, if you don't it stays until you either do it or skip it. Won't get a new one in the reset if you don't.

No luck required. Just manual battling/ leave if things go poorly and try again, if you take 4 hits to kill the first camel/chariot, restart the battle. Auto battle is bad because they kill themself.

About to complete my 2nd settlement with 13 days spare.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Yeah, I do the entire thing with just 2 Nubian archer camps and 0 Deben production buildings.
Then eventually get elephants to help with the 8 single wave hard battle against the things that counter the archers, that's the only hard battle I skip, need to make sure you skip it, if you don't it stays until you either do it or skip it. Won't get a new one in the reset if you don't.

No luck required. Just manual battling/ leave if things go poorly and try again, if you take 4 hits to kill the first camel/chariot, restart the battle. Auto battle is bad because they kill themself.

About to complete my 2nd settlement with 13 days spare.
I build a Camel camp myself vs. waiting for Elephants or trying out the Chariots...
The former comes way too late in the game to be viable for me, plus they're slow and get spanked hard by enemy Nubians. The latter will counter enemy Nubians + can take out sword-boyz, and I love the high movement. ;) (oh, and their retaliation ability is sweet!)

Only fights I have real trouble with are;
a) 4x Nubian + 4x Camel (just feth that BS!)
b) the 8x enemy 'hard' fight mixing 6x Chariots/Camels + 2x Elephants

Other than those two, it's just throwing 8x Nubians into battle & kiting the enemy as much as possible:)

DeletedUser

I honestly have no idea why people were complaining with the playing part of this cultural settlement and found it the easiest to get through, though certainly not the quickest but I have yet to finish a settlement with a gold chest without there being at least 5 extra days and I’m already on my 11th settlement where it’s just FPs and the chance at the secondary building here on out. I found the colour scheme hard on the eyes, still do, but zooming in helps. Same with fighting you only had to do the first two, the third only if you were bored and though I only used the Mounted Camel Archer and Nubian Archers with 0 losses unless I wasn’t paying attention I know of others who have easily finished with other unit combinations to fit their fighting style. Just being able to look at the map and putting down the expansions once they reached 5 made it a breeze as long as the city was being rearranged. I loved it a LOT more than the Viking settlement, though I liked the overall prize better.