• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

Please read all about our newest settlement here and leave your feedback below!

DeletedUser96901

The Royal Bathhouse is an upgradeable special building, which has 6 levels in total. Depending on it's level, it will grant the following:

• Coins (varies with era)
  • Forge Points
  • Guild Treasury Goods
  • Random Units of your era (when motivated)
gives FP unmotivated
so it has no priority based on the FP and will be motivated at the end if a player gets enough motivations

but without motivation no units

I don't like that :rolleyes:

disappointing that there is no military boosts for the bath house ATM

extra military units are OK but putting a lot less time in your Alcatraz provides more benefits than 6 months in Egypt

for example just plonking down any military building and getting 80 units of what u want from your high level traz , rather than grinding away
for 6 months to get a building that needs to be motivated to produce a few random units.

i know what time i would invest in.....

however if a military boost was added , then watch me get excited......

Last edited:

DeletedUser

2x2 Building giving 6% Defence on your Attacking Army without Boosts from your City and Auto Battle for almost nobody ?
hmmm interesting !
Will the <<Buy with Diamonds Option>> be removed for the 1st year ? :D

DeletedUser118575

Looks great - glad to see some battle happening in the settlements - hope to have that option in the others.

Is the military unit a random unit regardess of what you can nomally build - he says hopefully

Pick axe is also welcommed!

thanks

DeletedUser111428

I have tried this Settlement few times on BETA and, to me, it is not about whether or not the Royal Bathhouse is worth it or not to a player (since all players are at different Eras and might or might not need what this Settlement Reward can provide) but whether or not you are willing to spend ADDITIONAL TIME playing Forge of Empires on a daily basis...because, in my opinion, this is the biggest setback offered by this new Settlement: you need to spend MORE TIME playing Forge of Empires each and every day to get something back from this Settlement...now, add this to Guild Expedition/Daily Challenge/GvG/Events/GBG/Daily Collection/Aiding-Motivating Friends/Aiding-Motivating Guild Members, etc. and this results in a game that is becoming more and more a daily job :(

DeletedUser111359

So does combat in Egypt get counted in your player stats, for the battles won?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
That 2x2 is like a diamond players wet dream, the royal bathhouse is easilly passable but that 2x2 time limit build is crazy good. Means there is a way to boost your attacking army with every spot in your city.

Other then that, this seems like an intense time waster, which is really, not what FoE needs so soon after GBG launch (which still needs updates). GBG already making the game take a lot more time.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
That 2x2 is like a diamond players wet dream, the royal bathhouse is easilly passable but that 2x2 time limit build is crazy good. Means there is a way to boost your attacking army with every spot in your city.

Other then that, this seems like an intense time waster, which is really, not what FoE needs so soon after GBG launch (which still needs updates). GBG already making the game take a lot more time.
Considering how the world is currently losing it's collective gak over the now pandemic situation, many, many, MANY of us may soon very well have at least 1-2+ months worth of time to kill. ;)

note: I am NOT! taking the current climate lightly, just pointing out that our traditional 'busy modern life' as we've come to know and enjoy it is in for a very rough ride for the next while, and we could all probably use anything & everything to try and take our minds off the daily constant feeds of doom & pending zombie apocalypse.

If anything, a massive time waster will probably be a good comfort since one can only re-watch Netflix/DVD's for so long.
I'm hoping that I can finally be rid of my *final* Japanese play-through within a couple more days and then I can give the new Egyptians a test drive! :)
The fighting option looks interesting, and will definitely help make it less of a boring slog than if it were yet another clone of Viks/Japan, but after following the Beta tests, I'm still a bit concerned about how horriawful the higher flood of impediments everywhere will be...

Last edited:

DeletedUser111428

Even with Impediments on almost all available Expansions, it is still a very playable Settlement (I have been testing it on BETA for several weeks now)...however 1 of the main problem is that this Settlement will be much more difficult for mobile players than those using a web browser because of 2 main factors:

1) Each piece of road (known as "Path in the Sand") costs 200 Deben and, since there is no Reconstruction Mode offered for Settlements, some players will be tempted to delete those pieces of road and place them back later on when they need to reorganize things around...only to realize that it will be a costly option!

2) On web browser, you can click on an object in the Settlement and then click on another object to "swap them" (when space permits it)...on mobile app version, this is not possible, making the rearrangement much more difficult and will lead to several players being forced to delete buildings and rebuild them afterwards, leading to additional time needed to complete a Settlement

1) Each piece of road (known as "Path in the Sand") costs 200 Deben and, since there is no Reconstruction Mode offered for Settlements, some players will be tempted to delete those pieces of road and place them back later on when they need to reorganize things around...only to realize that it will be a costly option!

2) On web browser, you can click on an object in the Settlement and then click on another object to "swap them" (when space permits it)...on mobile app version, this is not possible, making the rearrangement much more difficult and will lead to several players being forced to delete buildings and rebuild them afterwards, leading to additional time needed to complete a Settlement
That has always been the case, so lots of time wasted on the app deleting and rebuilding things instead of just swapping them about