• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire - Feedback

Thank you klods, I will keep an eye out. I am pursuing this settlement only to try something new, not because it is interesting or worthwhile.
Yeah, it's mostly for the challenge of the new puzzle, really. I'm probably not going to build the temple reward.

Not sure if anybody else has found this but I have a lvl 60 Flying Island and I have not received a single shard in this settlement.

FI is meant to have a chance of spawning a shard every 4 hours = 6 times a day.
So even at low levels with a 20% chance players should expect at least one shard a day on average.
I often have to wait two days for even one so I suspect it is not performing as intended.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It would imply you have 80% chance of not spawning though each time, I have 80+ and theres some very good days and bad days. I have had 4 shards to collect at once when I've not checked it for a while but I'm only really interested in the reno/1 up so provided that stays at 1/2 week I'm happy, the rest I dont really care about the other rewards. Just between GE/Tor/Fi I collect enough kits for whatever needs updating each era.

Burpo

Sergeant
FI is meant to have a chance of spawning a shard every 4 hours = 6 times a day.
So even at low levels with a 20% chance players should expect at least one shard a day on average.
I often have to wait two days for even one so I suspect it is not performing as intended.
All is fine. Got my first shard in just under 3 days. Luck comes and goes in this game - it was my turn for a little of the bad kind.

It would imply you have 80% chance of not spawning though each time,
That is only a way of looking at it, same as 20% chance of getting one. :rolleyes:
After only two weeks it's only proved to be about 10% or one every two days
There have been twice as many days without spawn and only one day with two.

Got my first shard in just under 3 days.
In 3 days you get 18 chances to spawn a shard with lvl 60 FI, which haws nearly a 40% chance every 4 hours so I would say extremely unlucky as the odds are at least one every 12 hours.
The point here is that over time it should average out to be twice as good as to what I have experienced so far, will wait and gather more data before contacting support.

Burpo

Sergeant
In 3 days you get 18 chances to spawn a shard with lvl 60 FI, which haws nearly a 40% chance every 4 hours so I would say extremely unlucky as the odds are at least one every 12 hours.
The point here is that over time it should average out to be twice as good as to what I have experienced so far, will wait and gather more data before contacting support.
Got my 2nd shard just after 3 days. Seems to be evening out.

Burpo

Sergeant
Having a rupee producing building being 4th research to unlock and requiring 160 goods is quite a big design flaw in my opinion. Makes it frustrating and unplayable
I agree it is frustrating as you can only do 1x4hr good production at a time and you cannot get enough coins to do an 8 hour production while you sleep. So that means you need approx 40 lots of 4 hr productions before you can start to grow. That works out at about 8 days unless you break your sleep cycles to keep the 4 hr prod going. It will take an obsessive/compulsive tragic like me to persist with this.

I am, for the first time in FoE, going to delete this settlement. I don’t see the point of having goods production buildings that you can’t use through lack of Rupees. 800 a day from the embassy, 51 every 4 hours from the entry residential building. So if I’m keen and collect regularly I MIGHT be able to produce 10 goods every 24 hours. That doesn’t sound much like fun to me. For the record I am not a teenager that demands instant gratification. I like all the other 4 settlements. I play FoE as a leisuretime activity, not as a slow and boring obligation.

To balance this negative micro-feedback, I should declare that I think FoE is excellent. It’s the best game of its genre I’ve played and certainly the only one I’ve persisted with for as long as a year. So thank you to Inno. Please consider addressing design flaws in this settlement.

Burpo

Sergeant
I am, for the first time in FoE, going to delete this settlement. I don’t see the point of having goods production buildings that you can’t use through lack of Rupees. 800 a day from the embassy, 51 every 4 hours from the entry residential building. So if I’m keen and collect regularly I MIGHT be able to produce 10 goods every 24 hours. That doesn’t sound much like fun to me. For the record I am not a teenager that demands instant gratification. I like all the other 4 settlements. I play FoE as a leisuretime activity, not as a slow and boring obligation.

To balance this negative micro-feedback, I should declare that I think FoE is excellent. It’s the best game of its genre I’ve played and certainly the only one I’ve persisted with for as long as a year. So thank you to Inno. Please consider addressing design flaws in this settlement.
It's not quite as bad as 10 goods per 24 hours. I now have 21x51 rupee producing houses which allows me 5 goods per 4 hours. With the 800 from embassy, I will now be able to do an 8 hour goods production overnight.
Painful but do-able.
The sad thing is I have 291 workers with nothing to do for the 8 days it will take to reach the 4th technology.
I wonder if any of the devs actually try this game as they design it or if they just open all expansions and remove all impediments on day 1?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This small diplomacy buildings and large diplomacy buildings should have symbols so we know which ones interact in what way to main building, and the same symbol would need to be on Main building to.

If you move your mouse to main building, you will see some "barrels" (Empire set buildings) but you realy need to investigate what they mean.

And yes, this main reward building is just for FPs farmers, fighters have zerro profit from....realy not see much point to play it atm, just to see how its works.

Burpo

Sergeant
I will reach the 4th technology today so it has taken just under 6 days to get here.
I managed to get one 4x good production and that chance will increase for each subsequent settlement.
Bit of a slog but I am sticking in there

Burpo

Sergeant
This small diplomacy buildings and large diplomacy buildings should have symbols so we know which ones interact in what way to main building, and the same symbol would need to be on Main building to.

If you move your mouse to main building, you will see some "barrels" (Empire set buildings) but you realy need to investigate what they mean.

And yes, this main reward building is just for FPs farmers, fighters have zerro profit from....realy not see much point to play it atm, just to see how its works.
If you hover your mouse over the building technology within the embassy, you can see the symbols labelled "Mughal Empire Chain" and "Mughal Empire Set". You need to read the forum announcement to discover the information on how to place these buildings to receive their benefit.
Yes it is confusing and takes a bit of working out. Lazy and dumb players will be lost, smart and hard-working ones will get it :)

If you hover your mouse over the building technology within the embassy, you can see the symbols labelled "Mughal Empire Chain" and "Mughal Empire Set". You need to read the forum announcement to discover the information on how to place these buildings to receive their benefit.
Yes it is confusing and takes a bit of working out. Lazy and dumb players will be lost, smart and hard-working ones will get it :)
No need to read the announcement. The information is right there in the settlement if you click on the ? in the embassy.

mughal.JPG

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer

Ok, yes, if you hover the mouse you can see the icon, but how hard would be to see this information (the little chaine or set icon) without hovering the mouse on it? Dont forget that this game playing kidz mostly, not adults with doctorate loll ;)