• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Crash on plundering city

Vesiger

Monarch
Game version: mobile app on Android, v1.116.4
World: Noarsil
Frequency: not always
Urgency: annoying

At least twice in the last few days I've won a battle in my neighbourhood, pressed the "Plunder" button and had the app quit on me - the screen just closes and dumps me back out onto the tablet's 'desktop'. When I restart the app and log in again, the victory has registered as part of the daily quest conditions but the chance to plunder has gone.

I'm not too worried by the latter as I wasn't planning to plunder anyway (it's just the compulsory exit route from a victorious battle), but the game crash isn't healthy... I've wiped the app's cache. We'll see if it happens again.

Edit: the same thing just happened again, this time when I was simply visiting another player's city in order to aid it.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I've come to the conclusion that this is caused by the game running out of memory / storage space - in-game support suggested that I try switching off animations, and that seems to help. Every so often I notice the game becoming very sluggish when displaying cities, which is a sign that it's going to crash if I don't log out of the app.
I'm running out of storage space as the game gets bigger and bigger - I keep getting asked to delete stuff before updates can take place, and FoE is a sizeable proportion of what's left.