• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Country Cost of Diamonds

DeletedUser5112

Is it possible for the cost of diamonds to be fairer across countries?

I note that when purchasing diamonds that there is a currency conversion done by the system which is great, my issue comes with how that cost relates to the country that you live in, ie: the cost of living.

If I were to live in Australia, the cost of 750 diamonds is equivalent to the cost of 5 x 1 liter cartons of milk (or less than a packet of cigarettes), however I live in Hungary so the cost of 750 diamonds is equivalent to 15 x 1 liter cartons of milk (or 4 packets of cigarettes) so it is just too prohibitive.

I know that the game registers your IP address so it is not like someone from Australia could buy diamonds in Hungary, therefore is this something that could be looked at?.......It might encourage people in poorer countries to buy diamonds :D and a few diamond expansions would come in very handy :o

Yochi

DeletedUser

I might suggest to the developers that they look at what percentage of players in each country that are buying diamonds. Then reduce the price for the country if it's well below the global average. No idea if this is possible though, it might be a standard price which is just converted on the fly.

DeletedUser

While I can't address the question directly, I'd like to note some things:

Many things factor into pricing. Currency fluctuation is a problem that has to be accounted for for non-Euro countries. Another is payment provider fees which are (unfortunately) often proportionally higher in many economically developing countries (monopolies often have a thing to do with this as well). Finally, cost of user acquisition also varies by country and has to be given a thought if one is to make any profit by running free-to-play games.

Regards,

Anwar