• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

copy /paste

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time I have been unable to copy/paste in any of my cities. I left it so long because I kept thinking it would right itself when the game was updated but that has not happened. could anyone help please.

DeletedUser111359

What are you trying to copy/paste? Text in the messaging? Something else entirely?

DeletedUser100133

For a long time I have been unable to copy/paste in any of my cities. I left it so long because I kept thinking it would right itself when the game was updated but that has not happened. could anyone help please.

On the browser version for Forge of Empires- if you are using Flash you can still use copy and post, but if you hare using HTML 5 the feature has not been added but as SilverFoxes say Ctrl + c copies the highlighted text and Ctrl + v paste the text.

On the mobile version of the game, if you keep hold of the text it should let you highlight and with an options menu to copy and to paste the text hold down on the text box and then paste option should appear.

PoetsWife

Private
Has anyone from Inno responded to this? I logged a message with Support and they told me to open a new topic. But as there's one already here that hasn't been answered since August 2019, is it worth it?

I wondered if there were plans to make the message window in the message centre any bigger on mobile phones and tablets. I'm struggling to copy and paste things and then edit them in, for example, the 1.9 threads. The window is too small and the text disappears from view, and it's difficult to place the cursor in the right place to make the change. By the time I've got it ready for posting, someone else - usually on a desktop - has beaten me to it.

If this is difficult for me, then it must be nigh on impossible for anyone with accessibility issues and is therefore not very inclusive.

I checked the forum before giving this feedback, as we are encouraged to do, and found only this query that didn't seem to have an Inno response.

I'm not the only one in our guild who is struggling with this. But we can do it on a desktop.

Usually Support are very helpful. This is the first time they've told me it's nothing to do with them and they don't respond to feedback in the forum. So why ask us to give it?

Yours,

Confused of Houndsmoor.

Forwandert

Major-General
Because they want feedback, it's never been the norm for us to receive feedback from it. It may be passed onto the devs but you wont hear anything back unless its adjusted and seen on an update.

PoetsWife

Private
for copy i can copy with mouse but to paste i need to use ctrl + v

So that is on a desktop?

Because they want feedback, it's never been the norm for us to receive feedback from it. It may be passed onto the devs but you wont hear anything back unless its adjusted and seen on an update.

I think that accessibility is an important issue. Where do we address it if not in the forum and if not via Support?

Forwandert

Major-General
I agree with you, lack of communication had always been a issue with all of Innos games not just this one.

Unfortunately the people with the feedback and information (Devs)aren't in support, moderating the forum or even managing either. They never post on the forum. You do sometimes see them posting around the beta forum but only when they really want feedback on specific things.

PoetsWife

Private
I agree with you, lack of communication had always been a issue with all of Innos games not just this one.

Unfortunately the people with the feedback and information (Devs)aren't in support, moderating the forum or even managing either. They never post on the forum. You do sometimes see them posting around the beta forum but only when they really want feedback on specific things.

I have given them feedback on the FB group in the past. Sometimes they react with uber gratitude, mostly they snap back with something smart. So I stopped commenting on the FB group. Perhaps I could go back and bring this up there.

Support have just asked me to post it as feedback in the new message centre ... only I don't have that option in the desktop version. I'll have a look to see if it's on the mobile version.

Cheers for taking the time to respond!

PoetsWife

Private
they should do something eventually to make paste available on PC mouse

I just did this with the mouse ... "they should do something eventually to make paste available on PC mouse", so that might be something to do with your mouse or there might be a bug on your game interface if you can do it everywhere else. Right-clicking should bring up copy and also paste on the mouse.

(EDIT: I just changed "left-clicking" to "right-clicking". I always muddle them up!)

Shad23

Emperor
only place i can't paste with my mouse is in FoE game on forum and everywhere else i can paste , in game it brings up this pop-up when i try to paste with mouse :
Capture d’écran de 2020-10-13 12-23-58.png
can a mod confirm that this is a normal behavior or do i need to contact suport are we suposed to have possibility to paste with mouse on PC html version ?

Last edited:

PoetsWife

Private
only place i can't paste with my mouse is in FoE game on forum and everywhere else i can paste , in game it brings up this pop-up when i try to paste with mouse :
View attachment 22076

Then I would think that is a bug and you should contact support. It might be that your desktop interface hasn't been updated. Or you may still be using Flash instead of the new HTML5 (or whatever it is), as Flash is being phased out at the end of this year. I've never seen that on any of my desktops (I'm a PC user). OR ... it might be a Firefox thing. I recently changed from Opera to Edge and everything seems to be working a lot better, despite my vow to never use a Microsoft browser again! lol

Forwandert

Major-General
I have given them feedback on the FB group in the past. Sometimes they react with uber gratitude, mostly they snap back with something smart. So I stopped commenting on the FB group. Perhaps I could go back and bring this up there.

Support have just asked me to post it as feedback in the new message centre ... only I don't have that option in the desktop version. I'll have a look to see if it's on the mobile version.

Cheers for taking the time to respond!

They will mean on this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.