• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Coords Search

DeletedUser99154

Hi could you guys add a coords search for sectors in the GvG. It will save me a lot of time.

Thanks

DeletedUser4089

Please use the template provided in the 'Read before posting' sticky thread.

It helps everyone know what exactly you mean.

DeletedUser4089

C'mon Barti, really, you couldn't work that one out lol

a big +1 to this.

In what screen would the search function be?
Would it just work by typing in the x,y coordinates?
Should there be a way to list all coordinates a guild is at, or just your own?
After searching, should it teleport you to the coordinates?
etc etc

The more thought and info that is given, the better chance an idea has and the more chance the devs will take it seriously.

DeletedUser98465

In what screen would the search function be?
Would it just work by typing in the x,y coordinates?
Should there be a way to list all coordinates a guild is at, or just your own?
After searching, should it teleport you to the coordinates?
etc etc

The more thought and info that is given, the better chance an idea has and the more chance the devs will take it seriously.

Ah, so you mean do the Dev's (and design teams) job for them. I understand :) Thanks.

DeletedUser4089

Nope, I mean taking the time to actually think an idea through and explain properly what you want. Much as the sticky post in this section says to do.

Can't complain that things don't turn out the way one wanted them, if one can't be bothered to flesh out their idea with a few details.

And the devs have hundreds of ideas to go through, you can probably guess that the ones that are well thought out and presented get priority.

DeletedUser99154

I was thinking of some search where you could type the x and y coords inn the top left or right corner. I think this is something sensible that should have been done anyway, as who would want to spend 5 minutes searching for a sector?

DeletedUser96867

Not sure this is really a needed function. With the orderly fashion of the co-ordinate it doesn't take long to find a sector. Very rarely am i ever looking for a sector which is not in the immediate area of my guilds territory. Searching for a co-ordinate for a sector in/adjacent to our guild sectors only takes a few moments. While it might be handy on occasion it would be very very low on my list of needed improvements to gvg.

Just be glad we got them to change to the existing co-ordinate system. For the first month of testing there were no co-oridinates just long random names usually with at least a combined total of 3 or 4 z's, q's or x's in each name. No one could find anything and it was easy to confuse 2 adjacent sectors which only had 1 or 2 different letters in the spellings.

I'll refrain from commenting on Barti's comment about thinking ideas through and explaining them properly in terms of what the devs do regularly.