• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Continent map - cost of negotiation with goods and no chance of winning battles

QueenNicky

Private
I am new to the game. I like some parts of the game (design, rewards, building aspect) but there are a few things that are putting me off to the point that I don't think I will keep playing.
Biggest one is the Continent Map, this forms so many of the daily quests, gaining materials to make goods, expansions etc, by acquiring sectors by negotiation or battle.
Negotiation takes way more goods than I think is necessary. It is impossible to gain all the materials to make all the goods you need and anyway it's impossible to have enough space to place them what with requiring population and other buildings. The market takes ages to exchange goods and seems to cost Forge Points all the time (guild offers do not seem to come up often enough).
And Battles, every time I get a new type of military it has been superseded by some better type of military that I cannot possibly gain a win over. Plus the opposing side may have 2 pages of units and I only have one, no hope of winning whatsoever.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
"How can you win if your troops are...
..karen's?"
Absolutely true. It is impossible.
We have a choice when going to into the continent map to appropriate new lands for resources.
1. We either take the time to build up resources or our military to where we can conquer.
2. Move to the next level where our technology will be better able to handle the challenge.

Of course the dilemma is as you stated are those attractive goods building advantages that the new lands hold also advance in their demands with larger more powerful armies.

I prefer to hold back so as to develop my kingdom with great buildings or buildings that come with events until I think its time to expand further unless of course you are the kind of person that likes to live dangerously on the edge and risk everything so as to be defeated more often than not. Either way you will get there eventually. It is just a matter of time.

legend9182

Major-General
I am new to the game. I like some parts of the game (design, rewards, building aspect) but there are a few things that are putting me off to the point that I don't think I will keep playing.
Biggest one is the Continent Map, this forms so many of the daily quests, gaining materials to make goods, expansions etc, by acquiring sectors by negotiation or battle.
Negotiation takes way more goods than I think is necessary. It is impossible to gain all the materials to make all the goods you need and anyway it's impossible to have enough space to place them what with requiring population and other buildings. The market takes ages to exchange goods and seems to cost Forge Points all the time (guild offers do not seem to come up often enough).
And Battles, every time I get a new type of military it has been superseded by some better type of military that I cannot possibly gain a win over. Plus the opposing side may have 2 pages of units and I only have one, no hope of winning whatsoever.
If seen by this concept
Everything is imposible
Dont assume you can do 10th grade with preparation of 1st grade
It takes time to be prepared
Take your time but do it instead of complaining like this.
If kids too started to complain and we start to listen them . Then this world will be a whole mess

legend9182

Major-General
..karen's?"
Absolutely true. It is impossible.
We have a choice when going to into the continent map to appropriate new lands for resources.
1. We either take the time to build up resources or our military to where we can conquer.
2. Move to the next level where our technology will be better able to handle the challenge.

Of course the dilemma is as you stated are those attractive goods building advantages that the new lands hold also advance in their demands with larger more powerful armies.

I prefer to hold back so as to develop my kingdom with great buildings or buildings that come with events until I think its time to expand further unless of course you are the kind of person that likes to live dangerously on the edge and risk everything so as to be defeated more often than not. Either way you will get there eventually. It is just a matter of time.
And yes 1st option is best .

Forwandert

Major-General
Can't quite tell which quests you're talking about, if it's the daily challenge though, complete all open sectors and don't scout anymore. It'll stop those types of quests opening daily and give you some time to take a break from them and focus on building up your army attack/def.

If it's event quests there are always an alternative now. (didn't used to be)

QueenNicky

Private
If seen by this concept
Everything is imposible
Dont assume you can do 10th grade with preparation of 1st grade
It takes time to be prepared
Take your time but do it instead of complaining like this.
If kids too started to complain and we start to listen them . Then this world will be a whole mess

I can complain all I like. It’s a game. I don’t see the point in making the battles and negotiations so difficult to attain. Can’t do the daily quests and challenges to get supply points etc. So stuck. If I had known this would happen I would have not bothered spending time early on. The game does not reward time spent. Thanks for no advice.

QueenNicky

Private
Can't quite tell which quests you're talking about, if it's the daily challenge though, complete all open sectors and don't scout anymore. It'll stop those types of quests opening daily and give you some time to take a break from them and focus on building up your army attack/def.

If it's event quests there are always an alternative now. (didn't used to be)

Acquiring regions and scouting are part of the quests and some daily challenges require acquisitions. Can’t abort them. I don’t do all the daily challenges because of this.

Emberguard

Legend
I can complain all I like. It’s a game. I don’t see the point in making the battles and negotiations so difficult to attain.
They're actually not that difficult. It seems difficult to you because you've never done it before. But that's to be expected of anything you try in life. Your first attempt at something is expected to not be all that great and take time to figure things out
  • How far along on the Map are you?
  • What Age are you currently in research wise?
One thing you should probably be aware of, the Map is divided into Ages.

Another thing you should also be aware of, you get 2 Goods boosts from the Map per age. If you only build the Goods Buildings that are boosted, then you will increase your output x5. Then you can use the excess of those two goods to trade for the other 3 you don't have boosted.

This will decrease the amount of Goods Buildings you require in your city to achieve the same output, and allow you to either increase your Goods output or choose to use that space for something else.

For Military obtain the following Great Buildings:
  • Statue of Zeus (Bronze Age) Raise it to Level 10.
  • Cathedral of Aachen (Early Middle Ages) Raise it to Level 10
  • Castel Del Monte (Late Middle Ages) Raise it to Level 10
If all you're doing is going through the Continent Map, then you'll only really need to get all three Great Buildings by the end of Colonial Age. That gives you plenty of time to get each one.

legend9182

Major-General
I can complain all I like. It’s a game. I don’t see the point in making the battles and negotiations so difficult to attain. Can’t do the daily quests and challenges to get supply points etc. So stuck. If I had known this would happen I would have not bothered spending time early on. The game does not reward time spent. Thanks for no advice.
There were many advice
You just dont want to wait.
Then its not type of game you want. And all other games like this have same concept. If you can't do that better play talking tom which has no game in it .

QueenNicky

Private
There were many advice
Then its not type of game you want. And all other games like this have same concept. If you can't do that better play talking tom which has no game in it .
There were many advice
There were many advice
There were many advice
Acquiring regions and scouting are part of the quests and some daily challenges require acquisitions. Can’t abort them. I don’t do all the daily challenges because of this.
4199B00B-603F-4E07-BFCA-008A593C8F41.jpeg

It probably isn’t the game for me because it is set up so that purchase of diamonds etc becomes a pretty enticing option if you want to progress and not be stuck. Scouting is part of the quest as I showed in the first photo. Daily challenge today requires defeating a large army. I have very few supply points because I’m not progressing through quests and winning any. Can’t get expansions on the map because my army won’t win, can’t progress on research and get expansions because I need supply points and goods and don’t have space to build.
It’s okay, I will just have to not be concerned with progressing. It just seems pointless. I would say a lot of players teach this point and lose interest in playing.

Attachments

• 49D0167C-A12D-4E75-A8B0-A5A73F1BD79E.jpeg
    49D0167C-A12D-4E75-A8B0-A5A73F1BD79E.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 6

QueenNicky

Private
View attachment 24211

It probably isn’t the game for me because it is set up so that purchase of diamonds etc becomes a pretty enticing option if you want to progress and not be stuck. Scouting is part of the quest as I showed in the first photo. Daily challenge today requires defeating a large army. I have very few supply points because I’m not progressing through quests and winning any. Can’t get expansions on the map because my army won’t win, can’t progress on research and get expansions because I need supply points and goods and don’t have space to build.
It’s okay, I will just have to not be concerned with progressing. It just seems pointless. I would say a lot of players teach this point and lose interest in playing.
Reach not teach :)
Sorry quote came up a few times by the look of it

You say you don't have space to build. Can you post a picture of your city? I bet you can free up some space to build more supplies and goods buildings.

What age are you in? Those quests are Early Middle Age quests.
Seems like you've pushed too fast ahead on the map and reached a point where you can't continue until you have built up your city, gathered more resources and increased your strength.

This is a slowly paced strategy game meant to be played over a long time. To make progress in the game doesn't mean to rush ahead trough the research tree and on the continent map. You'll get blocked by quests and challenges you can't solve if you move too fast.
You need to balance income and expenses and create a solid and sustainable foundation to be able to handle the challenges the game gives you.
It's also a very social game where players work together and help each other in many different ways. Are you in a good guild where experienced players can help you with advice and things you need like goods and blueprints for Great Buildings?

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
First of all, you do NOT need to buy Diamonds. I am up to 24'000 Diamonds despite having spend a few thousand on Expansions. Have a little patience and you too will have thousands of diamonds.

Second, Story Quests and Bonus Quests have no time limit - you can ignore them until you are ready to compelte them.

Third, it is alright to not complete a Daily Quest that is too hard for you. Early in the game, when you have a low attack boosts, some challanges can be too hard. Simply ignore the quest and conserve your resources for next day.

Fourth, based on what I can see on your screenshots, you seem to be in either the Iron Age or the Early Middle Ages. This early in the game the bonus quest line you have started can be very challenging. I advise you to not explore the World Map any further and instead focus on developing your city.

romeo-rainy

Corporal
The key to winning is attack and defense boosts. Negotiations don't cost much goods, they are WAY WAY better than negotiations in GBG and GE level 4 and other quests. I am in HMA and my attack and defense bonus makes my troops stronger than LMA (next age).

QueenNicky

Private
The key to winning is attack and defense boosts. Negotiations don't cost much goods, they are WAY WAY better than negotiations in GBG and GE level 4 and other quests. I am in HMA and my attack and defense bonus makes my troops stronger than LMA (next age).

Yes, was advised in this forum that new players are best to stick with building Great Buildings that increase attack and defence and to build up coins, supply points and goods before moving on to higher eras and advancing on the map. I was able to get through the 10th Anniversary Event quests because I have stayed put as much as possible and have good enough army, goods etc.
Initially I was trying to gain expansions on the map for more space, not to advance in eras (though I have found you can be advanced to the next era with one research area still incomplete).
I haven’t played in the PVP or Guild Battleground, just Guild Expeditions and the minimum on the map, enough to solve some quests.