• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Continent map advancement

DeletedUser115655

Hi, I'm in HMA and going well until I foolishly advanced too far into Industrial on the continent map.
I have lost my recurring quests.
Is there any way to get these back or is there any way I can minimise the loss.
Thanks

Hi, I'm in HMA and going well until I foolishly advanced too far into Industrial on the continent map.
Thanks
Sounds like you've unlocked one of the bonus provinces on the Industrial map. It changes your recurring quests into a bonus quest line with quests that can't be aborted. You have to solve all the bonus quests to get the recurring quests back. The bonus quests relate to Industrial Age, and some of them will force you to step up to Industrial on the research tree.

There are several threads in this forum about the bonus quests "trap" in Industrial. Search for it...

Last edited:
It's a "roadblock" created to stop players from camping in lower eras while gaining units and resources from higher eras.

DeletedUser118860

Thanks
I didn't know you can advance to far. There are no warning notices so I just gaily proceed. :D

DeletedUser118860

It's a "roadblock" created to stop players from camping in lower eras while gaining units and resources from higher eras.
Now that is interesting as I know a number of players who believe it's clever to "camp" (I like that word) in a lower era precisely so they can have advanced units and resources. So you feel that it's not a good thing.

DeletedUser118860

Sounds like you've unlocked one of the bonus provinces on the Industrial map. It changes your recurring quests into a bonus quest line with quests that can't be aborted. You have to solve all the bonus quests to get the recurring quests back. The bonus quests relate to Industrial Age, and some of them will force you to step up to Industrial on the research tree.

There are several threads in this forum about the bonus quests "trap" in Industrial. Search for it...
I searched for "Bonus threads trap" and got back here again. Never mind, I'll keep trying!

Now that is interesting as I know a number of players who believe it's clever to "camp" (I like that word) in a lower era precisely so they can have advanced units and resources. So you feel that it's not a good thing.
Camping in lower eras while you gather resources and level GBs (Arc not least) can certainly be a clever thing to do. You can camp forever in Iron Age, but the bonus quest line in Industrial will block you from getting units and resources from higher eras than that. You can't go to higher eras than Industrial on the map without researching the Industrial tree.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118860

Camping in lower eras while you gather resources and level GBs (Arc not least) can certainly be a clever thing to do. You can camp forever in Iron Age, but the bonus quest line in Industrial will block you from getting units and resources from higher eras.
Thanks, that clears it up. The era most seem to camp in is HMA. It has to be popular for a reason I guess.

I searched for "Bonus threads trap" and got back here again. Never mind, I'll keep trying!
This one maybe:

DeletedUser118860

This one maybe:
Thanks that does seem both interesting and relevant.

legend9182

Major-General
We
Camping in lower eras while you gather resources and level GBs (Arc not least) can certainly be a clever thing to do. You can camp forever in Iron Age, but the bonus quest line in Industrial will block you from getting units and resources from higher eras than that. You can't go to higher eras than Industrial on the map without researching the Industrial tree.
Well i reached progressive eras map in iron age

DeletedUser96901

Would like to know how you bypassed the Industrial bonus provinces and the bonus quest line.
don't scout Las Penas

EDIT:
you still can scout & acquire bonus provinces after getting Garrincton
but bonus questline doesn't start

Industrial_Age_Map_HR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
don't scout Las Penas

EDIT:
you still can scout & acquire bonus provinces after getting Garrincton
but bonus questline doesn't start

Industrial_Age_Map_HR.jpg
Thanks, I knew there was a workaround, just forgot how. Now I dont have to search for it, lol :-)
Las Penas is what triggers the bonus guest line then.