• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Constant event after event

• Thread starter DeletedUser11930
  • Start date

DeletedUser11930

Its about time we got back to basics rather than sticking events out constantly why dont the devs try to fix current problems like the constant lag involved in gameplay

Its all about gamelay instead of having to do an event every week I think some of your gaming community if not most of them would like to see you investing in getting the game back to a playable standard

It can take several minutes to actually load up the game itself and thats not including the crashes within the game and screen freezes,the lag experienced in GvG all they do is keep adding events instead of actually fixing the faults within the game

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I agree. The game now has become nearly unplayable. Waiting for the city to eventually load, the buildings appearing bit by bit..then finally after another 10 seconds the roads appear....then waiting another 10 seconds before trying to actually do anything..then the game is playable...BUT, after 20 or so aidings or collections or tavern visits it grinds to a halt and is unplayable..even typing messages, the letters appear several seconds later one by one...so, repeat all of the above several times just to complete daily collections, aidings etc...
Oh, and I haven't even mentioned how WORSE trying to load map battles, select/deselect units, wait for the battle to start etc....

DeletedUser6974

i couldnt agree more, i am so tired of the same response from support that there are other priorities rather than dealing with game lag. only to have another event come out with garbage rewards that i never build. so the "other priorities" was yet another event???
they need to get their priorities in order, maybe they would stop loosing so many players if they address the real priority of horrible game play with crippling game lag.

DeletedUser96846

Totally agree, especially as half of the rewards are not good enough to merit spending hours doing "finish X min production Y times", or other unimaginative boring tasks.

DeletedUser108827

Unfortunately I need to agree with this post, Inno need to get their priority right and improve the game play issues not push out one event after the next every few weeks.
PLease take note Inno.

DeletedUser110255

There is an event every month to keep interest in the game. 4 seasonal events each year, 1/2 special events a year and 6/7 historical events. these historical events are the ones creating lag cos' they are so frequent. But this business method does work. It keep players playing and interest between seasons. Truthfully, no one would play this game as frequently without the historical, monthly events. Even though they do need to get their priorities right, imagine the uproar if they removed them so we only get 5 different quests a year. In this instance, their priority is our priority, Keeping the players playing with somthing interesting all the time, leaving no room for other things.

dimondus

Captain
Easy solution to the lag - convert game from using crappy Adobe flash to awesome HTML5.
Youtube did that years ago and now there is no lag on that site.

DeletedUser111867

Error 123 is quite correct and Dimondus they are planning on doing that with testing next year being as Adobe Flash is getting the plug pulled in 2020 the game will be migrated to HTML5 sometime before then no doubt.....

The problem which most people don't probably notice as they are either a) near or in the arctic future b) entrenched in whatever era farming and mining for the past several years is that when you progress from one era to another and you get caught in transition as an event begins you can find yourself at quite the disadvantage. Having said that even during a transition era I usually finish all events with days to spare; the apple event for example was finished with two weeks to spare but Gandhi was only finished with a couple of days to spare as I had just moved into the Colonial era.

As for lag a combination of an SSD and broadband cured mine.........

Vesiger

Monarch
When people react to the news of yet another event with a groan rather than a cheer of excitement, then you've got a problem.
At the moment it's a bit like having a birthday every week; sounds wonderful to start off with, but the gilt wears off the gingerbread...

dimondus

Captain
When people react to the news of yet another event with a groan rather than a cheer of excitement, then you've got a problem.
At the moment it's a bit like having a birthday every week; sounds wonderful to start off with, but the gilt wears off the gingerbread...
Agree, I personally play not because I want to place new shiny unique building every month but because I like the challenge to manage to grow with the tools I already have.