• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Conflict of term "Battle" in story quest

bs0877

Private
Maybe this is a little pedantic, but I had a Story quest in Oceanic Future that stated I should complete 5 battles without losing.
As it was Tuesday this was great as I would be starting Guild Expeditions so an easy task to complete.
The problem is with the term "Battle" as on a two wave encounter after wave 1 it has a title of "battle Result" and a button for "Start Next Battle" so I would have assumed that completing this two wave encounter would count as two battles but it doesn't.

This is probably a historical design issue from before the days of two waves, but there is a conflict in terms.

Should the Quests highlight that a two wave "Battle / Encounter" only counts as one, or does the current "Battle Result" dialog need changed to "Wave Result" and "Start Next Wave"?

I have seen similar quests in events but was always in situation to take the alternative option so never came across it.

I agree this is confusing and a change is required.

I think it is the GE terminology that should change, for two reasons.
1) It reflects reality. Battles are not always single-wave matters involving the same set of troops. They can be extended by reinforcements, or waves of enemy.
2) It is is simpler place to make the change, rather than having to weed out all, instances of ‘battle’ and put more text into task.