• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Configurable worlds

Surge

Brigadier-General
Proposal: After maybe a year of development and release, make separate servers with different options.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? I have searched, and have not found anything similar.

Reason: A lot of people complain about the plunderers, about the big diamond users, and to a certain extent, the snail-pace of the game.

Details: Add different kinds of servers with their own titles.

Bandit Server: Attracts and encourages plundering. Possible collection penalty for failure of satisfying daily plunder count, unless in vacation (which might be implemented). Simple game mechanics might have to be modified, such as increasing player quantity per neighborhood.

Noble Server: Attracts diamond users for more competitive play between players of nearly-equal power. This will not eradicate diamond users on regular servers.

High Speed Server: This server has a modified speed ranging from maybe 1.2x faster to 5x faster. The speed affects Forge Point acquiring times, increase amount of coins or supplies gained per time, or decrease time necessary to get them. Like in Tribal Wars, these won't be all that common, and maybe award a package of diamonds to the top 3 to 10 players.

High Performance Server: Plundering and city-building server geared to the more "professionals" of the game. To minimize abuse and make the game fair, diamond purchases should be outlawed on this specific server.

Visual Aids: Can't really design pictures.

Balance: Each server has their own balance points.

Abuse Prevention: None.

Summary: Implement this maybe a year later or some time after the game goes Gold, non-beta version.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4800

You have a very narrow minded understanding on what a server is.

It takes a hella of a lot of work to set it up, maintain it and fix the servers. You create new servers if the bandwidth, space, etc... gets towards the maximum of the previous server, which is just a cluster of server computers working together.

Anyways I don't think there will ever be a no diamonds server and faster server as that would ruins the balance of the game and the game is coded based on individual buildings, you can't just increase the time as the numbers would be off for buildings and to change all buildings they would need massive work.

Also the gameplay is supposed to be varied and that adds to the entertainment value of it.

Surge

Brigadier-General
You do have a point on the speed server, but let me correct you on one thing about servers. Tribal Wars, made by the same company, has over 60 servers running right now.

DeletedUser4089

Actually it's fairly simple to increase the game-speed on a server.

My problem with this would be people joining the wrong servers, bugs on certain servers but not others, features working differently etc.

DeletedUser7719

My problem with this would be people joining the wrong servers, bugs on certain servers but not others, features working differently etc.
Same problem for me
I have a vague idea about servers, but could you also do this to worlds? Because you don't have to "recommend" the "other" worlds

DeletedUser16126

Proposal
Some features really ran out of control in FoE, this forum is full of it.
Many times you see indications that it is bad, but it cannot be reverted.
It’s true many things cannot be corrected anymore in existing worlds,
But for new worlds there is nothing that prevents the introduction of changes that would revert many bad decisions and make this new world more fair.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No, I nowhere found ideas about new worlds

Reason
The idea that FoE is completely being screwed is widely spread.
Many things cannot be reverted anymore, but I’m convinced that with introducing a dozen of small limitations and tunings, FoE could be reverted back to a real fun game.
Since it is a new world no one can be really against this change, if they don’t like the limitations then they shall just not start in that world.
To serve different playstyles it could be that the ideal world is different for different groups of people, therefor it is advised to make different variants and enable/disable new features before the new world starts. I wouldn’t make too many configurations, but you can define 2 new world styles and give them a clearly other color in the world-selection-window, so people know immediately that it is a new style.

Details
If INNO would find this a viable idea, the concrete changes can be identified by a workgroup.
I think a group of routined players (playing at al levels) shall identify the features that can be added to improve the game. The group shall respect eachother and don’t criticize ideas immediately.
Then based on on the list it shall try to quantize the impact of the idea to the development time versus the targeted benefit.
Then the group shall identify the targeted playstyles and map describe how the features shall behave for the different playstyles.
Maybe after a first cycle this has to be crosschecked with the developers, and maybe the ideas already can get a rating.
Then ideas can become more concrete.
I explicitely do not express the ideas I already have here, because I think it is more fair to work out ideas in a workgroup. And also I would like to get feedback on the idea of tuning the worlds to close all kind of misuse, without ending up in a debate what is misuse and what isn’t…
I'm sure that a dozen of smaller changes can change the playstyle really in a disruptive way, making it more fun for the majority of the players

I would be very pleased to give up all the world I'm currently playing in to get at least 1 world where FoE could be played in the way it always has been intended.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
No, the idea is rather to close all the doors for the “legitime” forms of misuse.

DeletedUser99588

They cannot maintain quality control with all worlds adhering to the same version. There is no way they could manage multiple worlds playing different versions.

DeletedUser16126

I'm convinced small, easy changes than can be parametrized can make a disruptive change in the game experience.
These changes shall hardly impact the quality of the game.
By adding some limitations I'm convinced that the quality of the new style shall even be better and faster.

INNO has in the past been able to make games like Grepolis parametrized per world without impacting the quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

There was a similar idea posted earlier:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...aceful-players&p=166555&viewfull=1#post166555

In there I posted this response:
Hi SylverMoon, this is a topic that has come up a few times and while I understand why players want to have some "unique" worlds (I too wouldn't mind such worlds) the dev's at this point will not be making any unique worlds. The community managers asked (when Korch was announced) if it would be possible to get worlds with special conditions, for example No plundering or No Diamonds or No GvG, etc., but we were told that it is intended that all the worlds are the same.

As such I'll have to mark this one "Do Not Suggest" :(

Given this idea is about opening worlds that are different to the existing worlds as well the above quote applies, this idea will also have to be marked "Do Not Suggest" as this is one aspect of the game the devs don't want to change.

DeletedUser16126

this idea is not about impacting some of the essentials of the game, like in the examples you give.
this idea has rather to do with making a world where the basics that make this game great are restored, and to correct things that ran out of control. To me this is not only a technical question (to be answered by devs), It is also a question that shall be handled by a product manager that shall evaluate the profit and loss. I'm convinced that small changes can revive the game. Now I see only people playing for years leaving....

DeletedUser4089

Some of us keep coming back though. Hi all <3

And variable world conditions would be confusing to new players not understanding the differences.

DeletedUser16126

And variable world conditions would be confusing to new players not understanding the differences.
In grepolis there were tunings per world most were some small parameters, but also 2 major changes: Hero world and the type of attack to conquer a city. So don't think the players are stupid to understand such kind of the differences.

DeletedUser2989

When the community managers asked the question (as I mentioned in the quote of my first post) the other InnoGames games were used as examples of what they (the players) wanted to do for FoE worlds. Yes some of the differences I listed in my quote were big ones but that was in specific reference to the idea that quote was posted in. The key part of the quote was the following:

the dev's at this point will not be making any unique worlds.

The developers for FoE are set on having every world for FoE on all of their servers the same. I know the first questions is "they have done it elsewhere why not here?" and unfortunately I don't have an answer for it, I've just been told that all the worlds released for FoE must be the same. If you want I can see if one of our current community managers can get a reason as to why the devs won't allow unique or slightly different worlds?

DeletedUser16026

The games are different between each other so there's no point in comparing them. FoE has never been developed with the idea to have configurable worlds, and for all the good behind configurable worlds there's also a lot of bad. Simply put, it won't happen.

DeletedUser100797

Hi everyone, including trolls and those who think they are smarter then everyone else because they played this game longer then some!

I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time here, probably am, but because I have an extra time due to my broken ankle will post this idea anyway.

Nothing is new in this world and perhaps this idea is buried somewhere in archives and I'm rediscovering a wheel here, however I couldn't find it.

I wonder if INNO could create a new world where players would advance in ranks using their brain power instead of a thick wallet. I am so sick to my stomach of those rich boys paying their way up everywhere you go. It's not a secret that those who pay hundreds of their currency jump in front of everyone, grab richest sectors in GvG, buy missing bps of GB they wouldn't be able to build otherwise etc. They pump up their military boosting GBs and attack everyone in their hoods with far superior troops on the daily or almost daily basis. They buy tons of watchtowers so nobody could retaliate.

There is absolutely minimum strategy in claiming the ranking table other then buying diamonds, bullying and plundering, any fool with a thick wallet can do it and most of the top players do so, it's not a secret. I personally don't see a sport in this, it's like going fishing with a dynamite.

Those who don't pay have a better chance to win a lottery and become a millionaire than to overtake those rich boys.

I'm not a fool and understand that INNO needs income to keep this FoE project running, however is it too much to ask of them to create a world where you have a FAIR chance to compete against other players, a world without diamonds?!

How many worlds there are now - 15? Can't you give us ONLY ONE WORLD for a fair play INNO as a gesture of a good will?

DeletedUser1094

That would be a world, you should pay to play then. No Diamonds, no money for InnoGames. No money, no Forge of Empires. No one wants to work for free...

DeletedUser100797

How about only those who paid in other worlds would have a ticket to this one? I paid for a biggest package once and won't do it again, no matter how many promotions you throw at my face you won't have any money from me anymore.

Also I doubt players who paid a great deal of money in other worlds will abandon them. A lot of them wouldn't be where they are now without diamonds and a world diamond-free will give a fair opportunity for all to prove you are one of the top players in the world.

Reward at least those who paid already!

That's a thought - INNO can create diamond-free world but the entrance to it would be a price paid in one of the other worlds.

Like I said I'm tired of those wannabees with thick wallets. You want to prove you are one of the top players in the world - play without using diamonds. Creating such a world if it's marketed properly could generate publicity and some extra income for INNO.

Competing with rich boys is like competing fairly in sports against steroid boosted athlete - pointless and I'm getting tired of this bs.

DeletedUser107714

I like this idea. But what about the folks that do not pay for diamonds etc in the other worlds. You'll exclude them from the "free" world ?

How about just being "Active" in another world - you'll be eligible for this 'free' world.

PS - a person can just create a map on another world & do nothing, but "play" on the free world. maybe some kind of definition etc of 'active' on the other worlds. EG, you need to spend xx FP points a week to be considered active. (spend it on a GB, advance a technology etc..)

EDIT: Also, you'll need a way to 'pause' or something. You don't want to go on holiday, or end up in hospital for a few weeks & come home & your world has been erased..

QUERY: Does INNO delete our games after we dont log in in a while ?? How long ?

Maybe if this situation, you'll need to play for a few days again in the 'other' world To regain access to the free world ?

DeletedUser2989

The idea of having new worlds with different conditions to existing ones has been suggested before as seen via the links below (granted for different topics):
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...figurable-to-bring-back-the-fun-in-foe.29783/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/idea-for-peaceful-players.28860/#post166555

The reason this one will fall under "Do Not Suggest" is:
The games are different between each other so there's no point in comparing them. FoE has never been developed with the idea to have configurable worlds, and for all the good behind configurable worlds there's also a lot of bad. Simply put, it won't happen.

DeletedUser12400

World without diamonds... sounds nice.. and to start playing on such world you would have to pay a regular pc game price. Of course it means less players but at least it would rise InnoGames interest.