• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Complete city rebuild - how do you do it?

Cuthwolf

Captain
Once this event is finished I will be doing a full rebuild. The last time I did this I used the reconstruction tool and it was long and tedious day. Can you recommend an online tool or give me some tips please?

That's how I did mine way back - I made pieces of graph paper cut to the right size for all the different gb's - btw I deleted all regular stuff - place names on them and used a large piece of graph paper to arrange everything out on. Can't say it was fun - but it was useful.

DeletedUser

I use an A4 graph book (with the squares) and mess about trying different layouts, splitting a city into sections if it's big.
Once I'm happy I use the reconstruction tool to make it happen
That's how I did mine way back - I made pieces of graph paper cut to the right size for all the different gb's - btw I deleted all regular stuff - place names on them and used a large piece of graph paper to arrange everything out on. Can't say it was fun - but it was useful.
I do the same:)

Cuthwolf

Captain
Thanks everyone. I will get graph paper. It will be a big one as I have finished SAAB and have placed every expansion.

DeletedUser

In that case, you might want to use scotch tape to tape the graph papers together:P

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Thanks everyone. I will get graph paper. It will be a big one as I have finished SAAB and have placed every expansion.
If you could get hold of a board with a lip around the edge (like a jigsaw board) that's big enough to fix sheets of graph paper on equal to the max size of your city, and have cut-outs of building base sizes that you pin/tack to it, you could re-use it time and time again