• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Competition ideas and suggestions

DeletedUser65431

Thought the original format of Epic Empires had a lot of potential.

The competition was itself flawless

I'd like to see that competition continue

So, to summarise: the competition as it was originally was not good enough.

Summary is incorrect. Please take the time to read and comprehend the posts of contributors. Providing an inaccurate summary is (at best) unhelpful.

DeletedUser97349

Summary is incorrect. Please take the time to read and comprehend the posts of contributors. Providing an inaccurate summary is (at best) unhelpful.

'Competition' in my post was referring directly to the quote in that same post, and not to previous comments. It's meaning in that context was to incorporate the aspects of the competition to which the player quoted was referring, without the need for lengthy and long-winded explanations. I believe my meaning was clear.

DeletedUser5180

has anybody got any comment or opinion on my suggestion that i made earlier.? (quoted below)

I think the diamond prize is secondary to the winner, the fact their city has been acknowledged here on the forum would come first in most players eyes.......

With that in mind, how about having different categories based on age / era of the city. Perhaps if players know they will be judged along with other cities of their age / era far more players would enter.

The winner of each category would then be judged against each other with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize, maybe 750, 500 and 250 diamonds.....a few more diamonds overall but a far more interesting competition.?

DeletedUser17143

You could do a competition like the "Win an Ipad" completion held on FOE Facebook page a few months back. A close up - pixelated shot of a building, good, avatar etc from the game that players have to guess. Maybe 10 pics to make it more difficult and all 10 have to be correct to win.

DeletedUser

Yes Akbhoy that's one option we could look at, I have had the suggestion also to do 2 winners, one from lower ages and one from higher ages, thought's ?

EDIT - I dont plan to alter this months I think best to let run as is while we all discuss options to start next month?

DeletedUser

has anybody got any comment or opinion on my suggestion that i made earlier.? (quoted below)

I actually proposed this idea (or very similar) as well, so I definitely support this type of idea! Although mine was a bit more simple; having two winners each month of 500 diamonds each - one winner from BA-HMA and one from LMA up to PME (possibly adjusted as new age is added).

The main reason I suggest making it a bit more simple than the idea of multiple categories and multiple winners is because it may be tough for Tracey to find the time to do that involved of judging each month. Plus we would need a lot more interest and submission in the competition than the first month had haha.

DeletedUser65431

diamond prize is secondary to the winner

Diamond prize does not cover the time it takes to capture, re-size, cut, paste, etc. +1

different categories based on age / era of the city.

Start of the Industrial Age would be a good place to split the competition. Alternatively judge entries that only require a single screen capture separately from those that require a multitude. Depends on layout and expansions, probably happens around the Colonial Age. +1/2

The winner of each category would then be judged against each other with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize

Too many categories would require too much time to properly judge. No guarantee that second or third 'best' city in the competition would be from a different category to the winner. -1

DeletedUser65431

Now it has been changed to reflect feedback we are 'covering up'.

:confused: Didn't notice much positive feedback on the closed thread demanding an optional prose add-on. Noted an awful lot of negative feedback directed at the judgement that it would be constructive to reflect on. Personally think the competition should be formatted and judged unambiguously on a picture of the city. But, I'm a man of few words. ;)

DeletedUser105579

Few possible competitions

These are just very basic ideas I thought of..
1) Design a portrait competition. winner will have their designed portrait added to the ingame options, and will recieve 500 diamonds

2) Everyones talking about prose, so why not poetry.... Just to test it out and see what happens.... poetry related to season, best one wins x diamonds

3) Design a theoretical building... best idea gets kudos from the devs and x diamonds

4) Community managers/people who run these things, come up with a theoretical scene (you are stuck in a forest with a knife and a blah blah blah), people sumbit responses, best ones win diamonds (possibly donesimilar to the winter story in the submissions cannot be seen once submitted)

again, these are very basic ideas, but I put them out there seeing this thread is starting to become negative (sorry for english)

Surge

Brigadier-General
Apparently a large issue going on with the EE Comp and how entries are judged, so here's my suggestion. This is going to be a super slow one, but I was thinking of opening a poll that allows each user to vote one entry, and then slowly removing the less-voted entries from next polls until the last poll between two or three entries. Slow process, but I believe it is the fairest. I really do not like any of the entries in the EE Comp of all months so far, and to label them as "epic" would be just silly in my opinion.

DeletedUser

The Epic Empires competition has now ended and is closed, we are looking to start a brand new competition which will replace this one.