• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Combat pointers for my empire of whimps (please?)

• Thread starter DeletedUser116558
  • Start date

DeletedUser116558

Okay. Here is what I read:

People love combat.
People are way beyond their age on their continent maps.
People say attackers have the advantage in pvp raiding even though defenders get healed for free and defense bonuses are much easier to grab.

Conclusion: It's a tactics thing and I sogg. Badly.

So this is a request for a proper drill instructor to get my folks shooting straight. I will finish late middle ages shortly, but this does not seem to be an age related issue, I know what units, in theory, are good for what purpose. I know how to use terrain defense bonuses. I have a rogue hideout. Still sustaining major losses against inferior foes. So what do You three-ages-ahead-people do on the combat screen? Snipe-camping with artillery? What's the big trick? Or if that does not exist, what's a way to git gud?

(argh. Had the wrong tab open. Sorry. Someone tell me how I can delete this or move it to "questions for scrubs"?)

DeletedUser113110

Okay. Here is what I read:

People love combat.
People are way beyond their age on their continent maps.
People say attackers have the advantage in pvp raiding even though defenders get healed for free and defense bonuses are much easier to grab.

Conclusion: It's a tactics thing and I sogg. Badly.

So this is a request for a proper drill instructor to get my folks shooting straight. I will finish late middle ages shortly, but this does not seem to be an age related issue, I know what units, in theory, are good for what purpose. I know how to use terrain defense bonuses. I have a rogue hideout. Still sustaining major losses against inferior foes. So what do You three-ages-ahead-people do on the combat screen? Snipe-camping with artillery? What's the big trick? Or if that does not exist, what's a way to git gud?

(argh. Had the wrong tab open. Sorry. Someone tell me how I can delete this or move it to "questions for scrubs"?)
Hello. I hope this helps:
First, get to Colonial. You need to be Colonial to do this.
Then, rush through the story quests. You can get some Industrial and 2 Progressive troops with this method, all the way until the middle of the Progressive Era quests where you need to build 2 Industrial Police Stations.
*Remeber to negotiate, not attack on the continent map, or you will not get the Progressive troops.*
Next, build up your military GBs. I highly recommend building Traz and CdM(Traz gives you essentially unlimited troops, CdM attack and FPs.) For the Traz, build 1 or 2 Rouge Hideouts. Then use the 1 normal troop-7 rouges army. It's very powerful.
Finally, this is optional: Go on a spree and plunder your neighbours. If you don't want huge losses, find 2-Spearmen defenses.
Happy gaming!:)

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
*Remeber to negotiate, not attack on the continent map, or you will not get the Progressive troops.*
^^^
This is VERY important.

Ok, here is my tip:
In the Industrial Age, you can get a Post Modern Commando. That is the only Post Modern unit you can get, and you want to protect it at all costs. It may still be inferior against close range howitzer blows. DO NOT research all techs, leave 1 culture building tech and 7 other techs(could be in previous ages) or else you can't get it. Also, FIGHT at least 1 sector on the PME Continent Map. Negotiations may not work. You can also get 2 paratroopers, 4 bazooka teams (7 if you complete a side quest) 2 mech infantry from ME.

The best value though is in CE. But you would want to minimize all techs you research(except the expansions ones) in all ages for this one. It will take very long but you can get OF units, 2 Sub cruisers, and 2 Hydroelectric eels. AF also: tons of Recon Raiders, some Battle fortresses, some Behemoths, tons of surrogate soldiers, but strangely, not much FE units and TME units. It is not sure if we can get VF units.

Last edited:

Snarko

Private
1 something 7 rogues is standard. Get unattached rogues. Traz if you need it. Does not work as well on continents map, as that use a different AI.

The main thing that got me better was watching the AI play and thinking about how to beat it. The AI is very stupid and very predictable. You should be able to learn to predict every move it makes. After that it's a matter of coming up with a strategy that counter the moves you already know the AI will make. GE is great for learning this. You know what units you will face and can come up with a strategy that will beat them, almost every time. Only rarely will you have a battle where for example terrain decide if you can win. Since you know what the AI will do and what your responses will be you can often know from the first turn if you will win.

Also play on the browser version so you can see in what order the AI will move. Afaik there is no way to see this on mobile. That is a pretty large handicap in some of the battles, unless you want to memorize it.

Emberguard

Legend
I will finish late middle ages shortly, but this does not seem to be an age related issue [...] Still sustaining major losses against inferior foes.
I use current age troops on autobattle without looking at the opponents forces and get very few losses with no attacking GBs above LMA while being in Progressive in one world and EMA in another world.

The only thing you "need" is to bring up the attack on your Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel Del Monte. By Progressive if you can get those three all around the lvl 8-10 mark you should be able to use all non-rogues and still go through at least half the hood with 8-12 attached units

Of course everything else that has been stated by the others is good advice too if you wish to get advanced troops

DeletedUser113110

Also play on the browser version so you can see in what order the AI will move. Afaik there is no way to see this on mobile. That is a pretty large handicap in some of the battles, unless you want to memorize it.
I can see it on mobile...

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Hi Kronbrandt, The above solutions will solve a lot of your issues and if space isn’t an issue you could try find somebody willing to sell you Terra cotta Army goods, you can buy a complete set of blueprints for £19.99 If your desperate, or maybe someone in your guild can assist you, being in LMA and moving up to CE will be pointless if you have a shortfall in your attacking army defence, so I advise my guild to each have LVL 10 CDM,ZEUS,COA, before moving up to Colonial. That will add 90% attack and defence to your attacking units as standard and should make your army shoot a lot straighter. Also daily challenges can reward you with attack increase special buildings and so can completing event quests. The main thing is to not rush your game, while building up your attack GBs it’s a good time to stock up the goods needed to negotiate the continent map... Hope you make use of all the advice given and get better results and rewards from the GE but please be patient it will get better for you FtG

DeletedUser113901

Bring Zeus/Aachen/CdM/TA to lvl 11 and traz to level 14 at least, then keep 3 RH and a champ retreat in your city. With a slightly better traz you can build normal barracks when needed.
PE is a nice age because 6 snipers + 2 rogues get you through the first 20 GE encounters in auto without any casualty with even small boosts and you get to recruit a full army of PME units (5 comando + 1 champ + [2 rock art OR 2 MG teams]).

Last edited by a moderator:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Bring Zeus/Aachen/CdM/TA to lvl 11 and traz to level 14 at least, then keep 3 RH and a champ retreat in your city. With a slightly better traz you can build normal barracks when needed.
PE is a nice age because 6 snipers + 2 rogues get you through the first 20 GE encounters in auto without any casualty with even small boosts and you get to recruit a full army of PME units (5 comando + 1 champ + [2 rock art OR 2 MG teams]).
Hi Bradype agree with you there m8, I’m in PE in Norsil, and use the Commando unit from PME, to play the GE and PvP tower respectivly, My Zues,Archen and TA not yet up to lvl 10 but I can still fight half of GE level 4 in the GE with 1 Commando unit and 7 Rogues with extra attack boosts from event buildings and tavern boost etc

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
How? I really hate trying to remember what order the AI is going.
tap on the unit on the bar, and the unit will be highlighted in a hex
Hi Bradype agree with you there m8, I’m in PE in Norsil, and use the Commando unit from PME, to play the GE and PvP tower respectivly, My Zues,Archen and TA not yet up to lvl 10 but I can still fight half of GE level 4 in the GE with 1 Commando unit and 7 Rogues with extra attack boosts from event buildings and tavern boost etc
I did the same! The last encounter of level 4 GE (4tanks 4 cannons x2waves +100% bonus) are easliy destroyed by commandos.
If your desperate, or maybe someone in your guild can assist you, being in LMA and moving up to CE will be pointless if you have a shortfall in your attacking army defence, so I advise my guild to each have LVL 10 CDM,ZEUS,COA, before moving up to Colonial.
Yes, In Korch I am in IA, while functioning as a IA battlecity, I am slowy saving up 9000 fp packs, leveling all my GBs that aid in attack and gives fps, and arc. I advise to not get Dynamic too early even though it is essential to go from IA striaght to CE in a few minutes, get it only after you have Zeus, Aachen, CDM, TA, Kraken, Alcatraz, and AO lv10.