• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Colour Guard Camp

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I have used them and drummers in the past and they never survive the battle, I just won the colour guard camp, what do you all think I should do ?

Exchange it, Keep it for later ages (in LMA atm, camping in CE), or install it in now.

r21r

Major-General
i use both of them for some GvG maps, but if you don't get involved with that feature, idk where they can be usefull :/

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I was leaning the same way, and you raised a good point about not attack bonus, from advice I am going to focus on buildings that provide bonuses, focusing on att/def ones :) Plus I just dont have room for it haha

The color guard does give a 12% attack and defence bonus to all your other troops and remains until the battle ends even if it dies whereas the drummer only gives a 6% attack bonus.

Anthony Quinn

Corporal
Use 2 of your highest offence and 6 rogues. If attacking that is that will be your strongest option and that is my opinion only. Sometimes if it's a 2 wave battle I will throw in a third high attack boost soldier but one with speed.

Usual Suspect

Corporal
do you have a traz if so i think you should keep it
traz ? I listed it on the exchange... not much coin for it... if the building had any bonuses I would keep it.
The color guard does give a 12% attack and defence bonus to all your other troops and remains until the battle ends even if it dies whereas the drummer only gives a 6% attack bonus.
We are talking about the actual building not the flag sucklers... From advice, I am focusing on buildings that have bonuses.
Use 2 of your highest offence and 6 rogues. If attacking that is that will be your strongest option and that is my opinion only. Sometimes if it's a 2 wave battle I will throw in a third high attack boost soldier but one with speed.
thats how I was able to win so many CA battles/territory on the map, had to resort to negotiating... I no longer win. Will own it once I lvl up :)

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
However, a drummer gives 1 extra point of health, although Rally and Morale on Drummers do NOT stack, nor does Rally on Colour Guard

Powe

Brigadier-General
There is no doubt, color guards are useful - and that 12% bonus is significant at higher levels where the troops base values are higher. Its just whether or not its worth building a camp to produce them. I have found they are quite common in quest rewards and can frequently be bought at the Antique Dealer, its a matter of personal judgement whether or not the real estate required for the camp may be better used for another building. Like everything, there is no definitive or right answer, its dependent upon personal playing style, taste, and judgement.
They are worthless past EMA.