• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Colosseum

DeletedUser110635

How do I know that the game programmers are even reading this post? It is one of the Greatest of All Great Buildings BUT everyone thinks it is worthless due to the low number of metals that it brings and the amount of space it takes up. You need to increase the metal rewards that it provides. I hate to destroy the Colosseum. It will cost you nothing to increase the metal count by a factor of 10 or 50. Is there a better way to connect with the programmers?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109708

So in other words it is time to drop all my worthless great buildings and upgrade to something newer... hmm

DeletedUser110195

The colosseum is worthless because its main feature is happiness and the amount just doesn't measure up to its enormous size, if its happiness was at least 1.5x if not 2x what it is now, it might be worth having, but as it is, it couldn't be less useful if inno tried. It's not even useful in its own age, contrary to what the two inno people in the video Overtype linked are trying to suggest.

DeletedUser110131

I imagine that the (modern) Romans would have a comment or two about the idea that the Colosseum should be torn down to make space for more modern buildings. Never having seen the thing in person, I'm not overly enthused about the idea, myself.

The proper balance would be one where the old GBs continue to justify the space they take up, even if just barely. They should become insufficient, rather than useless. Of course, that's a pretty fine line to balance on, and will require precise calculation. It might even require a more extensive overhaul of relative building sizes and efficiencies in general. Unless they can find a simple fix for it, I'm not sure it's the right focus for development resources.

Greywolf

Sergeant
Zeus and the Lighthouse continue to be useful when you progress through the ages. While more advanced GB's have diminishing usefulness the more advanced in age you become. Why should one archaic GB become obsolete, while another GB from the same era remain useful to the very end? So the argument that age determines a GB's usefulness doesn't make any sense to me. In that line of thought you could make a case that every GB should retain (a degree of) usefulness regardless its age. Otherwise you ought to remove 'great' from great building in the case of several GB's.

Inno created a precedent with the nerf of the attack bonuses of Zeus, CoA and CdM a few years ago with the arrival of GvG. Because if you nerf GB's that are to strong then you open the door as well to buff GB's that are to weak.

DeletedUser110195

Indeed, in reality the lighthouse would be completely worthless to anything above small fishing towns in the post-radar era, while the colosseum should be useful forever because entertainment has no way of becoming obsolete, short of the human race being wiped out. The colosseum is in HUGE need of a buff, as do several others that simply don't justify their existence at any point in time.

DeletedUser110635

The Colosseum metal reward should be greatly increased. Do the managers of this game dislike the Italians or the Roman Empire? Please put a 0 behind what ever level the GB is. At level 9 it gives 24 metals. That should be 240 metals. It is one of the Greatest of All Great Buildings BUT everyone thinks it is worthless due to the low number of metals that it brings and the amount of space it takes up. You need to increase the metal rewards that it provides.

DeletedUser111866

The value of medals is what has changed, not the usefulness of Colosseum. Like, it was always useless. A pile of happy in a 6x7, a size of a town hall? Building taverns outperforms Colosseum up to level 7 if polished, and public baths need one more level to beat. I also think that happiness value has also been changed, maybe not as early as Iron, but probably in other ages you can go by with 0 happiness and boosts from StM, LoA and RAH. So, spending 1580 FPs for this husk until it will start paying for itself in the slightest? I say no. And with medals, what are 24 of them if you can pretty easily get 90 from investing in someone's Arctic Orangery level 2 with FP swaps? This is not counting Arc even, as it's from personal experience. Arc users can easily get tens of thousands of medals per GB levelup, which they get as often as several per day, so why should they waste 42 space for getting so little? Not to mention Colosseum is outperformed by any other GB that gives happiness. I'd actually grant Coloseum a small attack and/or defence bonus as passive, maybe to half of what Zeus gets to attack at the same level, without removing happiness or medals, so that those that build up heavy atk+ would have a use of it. After all, they consider getting a few +atk from the oncoming winter event with 35 space investment, surely they would go a long way to use 42 of Colosseum if it would grant em 15%.

DeletedUser111948

I agree with the boost need as well - building and "collecting" great buildings is one of the most fun aspects of this game for me, so I would occasionally build a sub optimal one just because I want to have it... And even I can't justify building Colosseum... Medals are great, don't get me wrong, but I get more from picking up anomalies than I'd get from that building and with the amount of space it takes... It needs a BIG revamp.

DeletedUser110635

Why? It looks better than the original.
We are not commenting on the look of the GB but the rewards that it generates.

stay focused people. It is not the look of the building but the value of the building. The rewards is what is terrible not the look. How do we get the attention of the game programmers?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

Colosseum is not so bad when you compare it to Notre Dame. Notre Dame is an HMA Great Building that is outstripped for value per square by the Oracle of Delphi an Iron Age Great Building. When you consider the developers stated that the Oracle of Delphi is only of value in Iron Age, what does that tell you about Notre Dame?

Agent327

Overlord
Next thing in this discussion will be the Space Needle. A Modern Era building, bigger than Notre Dame that only provides 100 happiness more than Notre Dame and in fact is equally efficient.

Not every GB has to be GREAT! You can leave them in your inventory you know.