• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Collosus Forge Bowl Upgrade

• Thread starter DeletedUser116651
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
At this point, considering how many people are moaning over the 'unachievable Forge Bowl grand prize', I can't wait to see the amount of 'uber whining that's going to come with the
Carnival event!

I'ma going to need an extra large bucket of popcorn for this one me thinks!lol ;)

DeletedUser111359

Yes because you played the massively revamped live version. I was talking about the beta version, which was completely different.
I dont know what you mean by "whining" maybe you see things that arent there, perhaps if you climbed off your high horse, opened your eyes and mind you might get the point, But i doubt it.

So your real complaint is that the Beta version isn't necessarily as full featured as the actual game.

It's almost like it's there for testing purposes, so that the live game servers are running on the best possible versions.

Maybe they should label it as some kind of Betatest server, to let people know that it's not the "live" game...

DeletedUser108359

So your real complaint is that the Beta version isn't necessarily as full featured as the actual game.

It's almost like it's there for testing purposes, so that the live game servers are running on the best possible versions.

Maybe they should label it as some kind of Betatest server, to let people know that it's not the "live" game...

As i said, almost everybody on beta did not like the look of the Colossus with the scaffolding around it.
They asked for it to be changed.
It wasnt. The only way to get rid of it was get to level 10. which meant spending 1000's of diamonds, even the free diamonds were not enough to do that.
Hmm, maybe that was their point.
But the event is long time over, the next event is on its way, and im tired of trying to explain to someone who is obviously argumentative, ( sorry for the big word ) so im just going to ignore you now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

You didn't *need* to spend diamonds on live because the event was massively overhauled from the initial beta version!
These changes included:
1. the daily 'free' footballs & all quest reward footballs were iirc, only 100.
This was upped to 120 after multiple beta players proved the math so out of touch!

2. an upgrade was added to the Silver league? Also, the Bronze league was changed from top 20% to top 25%.
(I *might* be recalling the silver league wrong? but, bronze league was altered as even with the extra footballs from 'fix #1', the vast majority of players were going to end up at least 1 upgrade short... the change was entirely moot on beta however, because literally EVERYONE was spending diamonds in a race to just get the final required upgrade from Bronze league!)
Also, iirc, everyone at this point received an additional 1000 free diamonds to boot!
And yet, it *still* resulted in nothing changing, as everyone was spending those same diamonds. (hence, it had only a 5% impact vs. actually allowing a properly achievable result of gaining a Lv10 prize for finishing the whole event because you still needed 11 total touchdowns to ensure you hit Lv10!)

3. after yet again proving that 75% of the player base would miss out on a Lv10 prize, an upgrade was added to Amateur league *after* the event ended! >.<

4. due to the 'stealth boost' to amateur league, a week or so later? everyone was given another upgrade or two because the event had been so badly gakked up from the beginning!

Because 'fix #3' (upgraded added to amateur league) was never announced during the run of the event, many players gave up as they could see they would still *need* to spend at least 1-2k more diamonds out of pocket to get a Lv10 through just the Touchdown rewards...
Better communication (and some actual basic Kindergarten level math skills) by the Inno devs, would have prevented the full clusterfeth that befell beta.

WE here on live however never had to put up with any of this BS.
On the live version, all the necessary changes had been made to ensure that Lv10 was 100% achievable just by fully finishing the entire quest line & playing the mini-game with a bare semblance of remote intelligence. (ie: you would only be ganked if you chose only Gold players like 90-100% of the time!)

But on beta it was during the whole run of the event itself impossible to gain Lv10 without at least spending a whole bunch of diamonds.
(ie: more than the 2k 'free' dias they ended up getting!)
You forgot that they reduced the cost of the players. From about 65->120 to 53->105 if my memory is good.