• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Coins & Diamonds For Supplies?

I seem to be accumulating quite a lot of coins compared to supplies. I was wondering if coins can be converted to supplies at some exchange, such as 10,000 coins for 5,000 supplies, or even diamonds at the rate of 400 diamonds for 2,000 supplies. Statistically this to me sounds fair and it will speed up the game through the tech trees and ages:):)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Not a good idea, your not supposed to speed through the game but build up supplies and coins over time building great buildings to assist in increasing your production of supplies and coins, for example im just guessing your a new player but its gonna cost me 80 million supplies to pass through Oceanic era i woukdnt want to pay 400 diamonds for 2000 supplies when my city makes an average of 1.5 million supplies a day and around 5 million coins

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I seem to be accumulating quite a lot of coins compared to supplies. I was wondering if coins can be converted to supplies at some exchange, such as 10,000 coins for 5,000 supplies, or even diamonds at the rate of 400 diamonds for 2,000 supplies. Statistically this to me sounds fair and it will speed up the game through the tech trees and ages:):)
Absolutely zero reason to speed up the game - this particular game is meant to be played over the long term. Those who choose to play fast, often find themselves frustrated and lacking in resources - be it goods, coins, supplies or whatever else. The experienced players will tell you to take your time - often spending months in each particular age (except Stone Age, since that is just a starter zone). You will learn that as you advance, you will also often require goods that were more easily obtained in earlier ages, so there is much sense to sit in an Age for a period of time, accumulate the various resources and then intelligently age up. As well, once you are beyond the first few ages, coins and supplies are excessively obtained, so there is no worry about needing either of them - which largely would be the reason why there is no reason to convert one to the other.

It's a "mistake" many new players make. They rush through the ages and find themselves stuck with lack of resources and strength to fight.
Go slow, be patient. Build up the city instead of pushing ahead. Stockpile resources.
Connect with other players. It's a very social game, and team work is needed. Join a good guild. Get help from friends and guild mates for things you need like goods and blueprints for Great Buildings and not least experienced advice from veteran players. Participate in guild activities like Battleground and Guild Expeditions.
Solve quests to get rewards. Take part in events. Aid all friends, neighbors and guild members. Pick up "incidents".
Many things in this game you can do without rushing ahead. Some players camp in low eras for "ages".

True though, you will likely collect more coins than supplies. No need to make them interchangeable though. When you have played for a short while, you'll have gathered so many of both, that you'll never run short, and it won't matter if you have 10 times as many coins than supplies.

Last edited:
It's a "mistake" many new players make. They rush through the ages and find themselves stuck with lack of resources and strength to fight.
Go slow, be patient. Build up the city instead of pushing ahead. Stockpile resources.
Connect with other players. It's a very social game, and team work is needed. Join a good guild. Get help from friends and guild mates for things you need like goods and blueprints for Great Buildings and not least experiences advice from veteran players. Participate in guild activities like Battleground and Guild Expeditions.
Solve quests to get rewards. Take part in events. Aid all friends, neighbors and guild members. Pick up "incidents".
Many things in this game you can do without rushing ahead. Some players camp in low eras for "ages".

True though, you will likely collect more coins than supplies. No need to make them interchangeable though. When you have played for a short while, you'll have gathered so many of both, that you'll never run short, and it won't matter if you have 10 times as many coins than supplies.
I am reasonably new to FoE and at present still in the bronze and iron age. I understand now, I think, why I need to take it easy at this stage. I have however accumulated lots of coins and possibly need to concentrate more on production buildings in order to create more supplies. I am sure many other players have experienced the same predicament :) So in order to enjoy the game at bronze and iron age and albeit the middle ages is strategical town planning and lots of goods producing buildings with a modicum level of taxable dwellings?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I am reasonably new to FoE and at present still in the bronze and iron age. I understand now, I think, why I need to take it easy at this stage. I have however accumulated lots of coins and possibly need to concentrate more on production buildings in order to create more supplies. I am sure many other players have experienced the same predicament :) So in order to enjoy the game at bronze and iron age and albeit the middle ages is strategical town planning and lots of goods producing buildings with a modicum level of taxable dwellings?
Yes, that is very true - however, if you have the time to invest in the special Events that come along (Soccer Cup will begin in a few days), you will find that the resulting Event Building will often have a sufficient amount of populace, as well as other benefits (such as goods, coins, etc), that you will be able to reduce your taxable housing, and in turn, open up space for more Goods production, or other buildings that you might like to have but otherwise not have the space for.
Also, as you do research in Iron Age, you will find that Settlements open up - a mini game within the game, that also rewards you with a major and minor buildings that can also help replace some of your taxable dwellings.

Forwandert

Major-General
You can buy supplies on the tech tree from memory with diamonds. If you have enough of the goods and filled the fps for the tech the diamond cost shown is to cover the supplies.