• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Coin production countdown did not start after house is built (in viking settlement)

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I've just started a new round of the cultural settlment mini game. After collecting the 1st batch of 5 axes, I immediately opened an expansion and added two shacks. As the construction takes 1 minute, I exit to main city to check something. And then, unfortunately, I forgot about the settlment, left the computer idle and minded RL business.

When I got back, I clicked the boat, entered the culture settlement, and pointed the mouse at the new shacks. The production countdown says 3 hours 59 minutes and some seconds!

"This can't be right," I thought, "perhaps this is because the browser has been left idle?" So I refreshed the browser, TWICE, and the countdown still says "3:57:SS" (SS for the seconds not sure).

Now I don't know how long I had been AFK (away from keyboard) but I definitely laid down the two shacks at the same time of collecting one and starting another 5Axe production; my other Axe Smith is on 10Axe (8 hours) production and can also serve as a point of reference. Their countdowns should have been approximately the same. But they were actually as follows:

2019-03-09 18_31_38-Forge of Empires.png

2019-03-09 18_33_14-Forge of Empires.png

Judging from the timer difference, I had been away for more than 1.5 hours.

The following figure shows Viking Town layout overview, for reference, as mentioned about, it is shortly after the start of a new round.
2019-03-09 19_05_48-Forge of Empires.png

P.S. I wonder if this is not a bug but a "feature"? because it seems that during the period when I forgot about the settlement, the settlement buildings also forgot about themselves. (Meaning if you don't watch them, they don't produce.) :)

DeletedUser104881

When you construct a population building in the settlement, you will need to visit the settlement again for it to start producing. This is an intended feature.