• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cocktails

DeletedUser113125

Previously certain words were censored on any thread, although it seemed some players could type out those words without a problem. Homosapien, cocktails and s****** were all words that got unexpectedly transformed to *** for me.

Now I find that they aren’t censored on guild threads but are on multi guild threads. When was this change implemented and why?
Thank you

Emberguard

Legend
Now I find that they aren’t censored on guild threads but are on multi guild threads. When was this change implemented and why?
Thank you
The filters are updated or changed occasionally as sometimes it also blocks words that are perfectly fine. Obviously just because a certain word is no longer blocked automatically doesnt necessarily make it ok to use but it should hopefully make conversations a bit more user friendly

As to why it’d be blocked on some places and not others, very likely there’s a seperate filter. I know with URLs it’ll filter based on whether there’s someone that’s not on your social bar,

DeletedUser113125

The filters are updated or changed occasionally as sometimes it also blocks words that are perfectly fine. Obviously just because a certain word is no longer blocked automatically doesnt necessarily make it ok to use but it should hopefully make conversations a bit more user friendly

As to why it’d be blocked on some places and not others, very likely there’s a seperate filter. I know with URLs it’ll filter based on whether there’s someone that’s not on your social bar,
I notice that you didn’t include my examples:lol:
I first discovered the change to *** when trying to discuss early human and Neanderthal cave art. It was a surprise. On multi guild threads I still seem crass when I post I’m looking forward to some ‘drinks of a certain mixture’ which then ends up as ***.
Thank you for explaining.