• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Clock in City top bar to show server time

• Thread starter DeletedUser108047
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

Proposal:
(a) A clock is placed in the top bar near your fp bar showing server game time. Just a simple clock
(b) the messages relating to time limits applying to GvG actions be made consistent.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea - yes. I couldn't find anything

Reason:

(a) Certain features in the game, particularly in GvG and GE relate to game time. Game time is not obvious. it shows in a post in messages after you have created a message, it can be calculated from the GvG countdown clock if you have access to the GvG maps... but not anywhere else I could see and not in your city.

Knowing game time is relevant to knowing when the 7 day or 96 hour lock out will expire in GvG guild actions. Currently trying to accept an invite to return to a guild within 7 days tells you when you can in game time - but you have to calculate it...to work out how far away it is.

It would also be useful for reference when working in your city as to when GvG reset will take place or GE start etc.

(b) the message relating to the 7 day lockout from rejoining your guild gives you a time but not a countdown. A countdown message would be more useful
The message relating to the 96 hours lockout just tells you to try again - not even a time. Again a countdown message would be more useful

Countdown messages are consistently used in the GvG reset clock and the GE completion clock

Details:

Add a clock in 24 hour format showing server game time to the city top menu bar

Change messages relating to GvG lockout to countdown messages showing how long until you can do the relevant action

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention: NA

DeletedUser100065

+1 it doesn't necessarily have to be running all the time just something you can hover over to create it to pop up the display a bit like the treasure hunt does.
Personally i have a few clocks on the go set up via my computers internal clock but would be easier to have system clock instead
1d7c655440e84eeea7ba4dd22501717f.png

DeletedUser109385

+1 for you (a) idea
-1 (b) idea, I don't see why you need a clock when you have a clock at the left side of your computer like SIGM megatonno showed however it can be useful for app versions as sometimes you can't look at the time while playing on your phone or tablet.

DeletedUser108240

Super Idea +1. I have often wondered why so many games do not have such a clock. and blithely say things like "tomorrow at noon" as if that that had some universal meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.