• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City) Wasting diamonds on storing buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser106696
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser106696

I can understand this decision. If they didn't do this then they'd have to list each building that has a unlocked slot individually in your inventory. Which when you already have other instances of that building in your inventory is going to be impossible to tell which had the extra slot. Not to mention you'll already have plenty of pages just from having multiple ages of the same building

That's a very good point, but imho Inno still could (and should) warn players that slots are going to be reset, or at least provide a tool tip. After all, you get a warning that you won't get diamonds back when you sell a premium building, or when you place a goods building without having the right deposit etc. etc.

I do not think it's realistic to make a young player hunt down the ins and outs of every feature on forum contributions gone past. What's next? Check out whether an oasis causes water damage to anything planted next to it? Never place a tiger's den next to a farm 'cause the tiger might eat the chickens and thus reducing yield?

Of course I know that these don't happen, but put yourself into the shoes of a new player - how on earth would they know which features they have to research and which will work just fine?

(This, and the following posts were copied from the General Discussions section. You can link to the original thread from the quote at the start of this post - Amy Steele)

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
What's next? Check out whether an oasis causes water damage to anything planted next to it? Never place a tiger's den next to a farm 'cause the tiger might eat the chickens and thus reducing yield?
:lol: well, if there was another separate aspect to the game like how we have GE and GvG they could do something like this

but yeah it would be a reasonable expectation for them to be perfectly capable of warning about slots. Not like it'd take any special coding to do so

DeletedUser111589

You should have expected it. Never do something which could potentially revert state of things, especially if premium currency was used, without asking around.

That's a common sense in every game.

DeletedUser112545

That's a very good point, but imho Inno still could (and should) warn players that slots are going to be reset, or at least provide a tool tip. After all, you get a warning that you won't get diamonds back when you sell a premium building, or when you place a goods building without having the right deposit etc. etc.

I do not think it's realistic to make a young player hunt down the ins and outs of every feature on forum contributions gone past. What's next? Check out whether an oasis causes water damage to anything planted next to it? Never place a tiger's den next to a farm 'cause the tiger might eat the chickens and thus reducing yield?

Of course I know that these don't happen, but put yourself into the shoes of a new player - how on earth would they know which features they have to research and which will work just fine?
Yeah, a simple pop up warning would have stopped me from doing it, like the one about moving buildings that have bonuses when placed next to each other.

The warning wasn't there so that I would waste diamonds, and they know this. Shady!

DeletedUser110531

Personally, I don't use the unlock slots because I have an Alcatraz so I find no need for them. It is very useful for players just starting out but when you start getting more advanced you find other things that are more important for diamonds, such as expansions.

DeletedUser111866

This issue is the very reason I don't unlock more rogue slots for my buildings, and should I play a CR I will most likely also keep it down to 2 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.