• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City) Path Destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109052

Hello, just a quick idea.
While deleting pathways with the sell tool, rather than tap each section to delete it, why not tap one to highlight, then drag over those you with to delete (much like when building paths) then confirm or deny.

It might help app users as it can be a bit fiddly.
Tapping loads of roads can accidently delete a special building if you tap just off and happen to be where the confirmation pops up also, as I have done twice now ;_; bye bye graveyard.

Vesiger

Monarch
+1
Given that by their nature roads tend to be hidden between buildings, deleting or moving them is always a real pain.

DeletedUser109052

+1
Given that by their nature roads tend to be hidden between buildings, deleting or moving them is always a real pain.

Thats so true!!!!
I always miss bits of road here and there behind structures.

DeletedUser653

+1 always end up having to search for the bit of road i missed behind buildings so its a good idea

Agent327

Overlord
+1, but why not tap the first and the last section of the path you want to delete, rather then dragging over?

DeletedUser112806

+1. currently I use my computer for city alterations as alterations thru the app are too annoying.

Personally I feel a more useful tool would be a show/hide buildings toggle option. On hiding the buildings, the build grid would show, where you would get an internal colored bubble outline (similar to the new buy a tile fences) that show the outline of a buildings footprint, with a small separation from its neighbouring buildings to allow a planners view. This would aid in showing unnecessary empty tiles or roads that are otherwise hidden behind some of the bulkier buildings, where you could plop a watchtower etc. In addition to your idea of dragging roads to sell blocks this would assist in seeing exactly where ALL your roads are behind large buildings without having to pick up and move the buildings away to view them. Sometimes the partial transparency on hover just doesn't cut it, especially with multiple buildings in the way. Whilst in "hide buildings" mode, allow for moving buildings and selling roads but make selling buildings impossible till you "show buildings" again, to remove the danger of selling buildings by accident. Probably coulda started another thread but meh......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.