• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City layout ideas

DeletedUser556

I made a few city layouts and I want to see what you guys think about them.

I had a few ideas in mind:
1. Colonial Age end game
2. No diamonds, 32x32 can be done using a little bit of medal farming (a few tousands)
3. City Hall in the center of the city because that's where it is and every village/town/city, not at the border (I sacrificed a bit of building placing efficiency for this), also some beatifications in front of it like a central square
4. I tried to take into account the building facing. eg. Trading Center looks better on a vertical street, Coiffeur, Clockmaker, Exotic Goods vendor on a horizontal street.

Why? because it's easy to build and efficient town, but harder to build a nice town (giving up some of the efficiency)

Here they are:
1. Click
2. Click
3. Click
4. Click

So I am waiting for you feedback on them.
Let's play this game as it was intended - civ like game more then a war game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

Hi, nice set of plans. I am a strong believer straight line citys but learnt a lot for the debate going on here.. http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5077-The-Best-Town-Forge-of-Empires

Theres a great debate between the idea of straight lines towns and non-straight line towns, A big improvement would be to place the larger buildings around the edge and especially at the end of the paths. Check out Lodroths town on page 2 for best way to layout around a town hall. http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.ph...d2949f0f04b582

But, full marks for the way you have ensure that the town looks good and buildings all face the viewer. Never seen that before.

DeletedUser556

Thanks.
So what about efficiency and what about looks?

My goal is to balance these out because in the EMA I had a town very similar to Wallachian's town, straight up efficient and I nearly quit the game because of boredom.

DeletedUser6328

Links to city plans don't open

So why wont these links to city plans open for me I just get blank maps?

One other thing does the planner really save the layout? I have found links in the forum... click them and it takes you to a blank layout... don't want to do all the work and save it, and the link to the saved layout not load so I can refer to it.

DeletedUser

Yeah, they are for ever lost coz the DB that hosts them got broken or smth.

DeletedUser7719

Mostly every link in the forum will not work because around February 11th (2013), the whole database got wiped out. All the more recent ones should work though (like mine)
Also it was mentioned that if there is less than 2 or 3 total views within the first 2 months, it will automatically be wiped

DeletedUser

Mostly every link in the forum will not work because around February 11th (2013), the whole database got wiped out. All the more recent ones should work though (like mine)
Also it was mentioned that if there is less than 2 or 3 views within 2 months, it will automatically be wiped

I didnt know this... Is there a way for users to back their data up locally?

DeletedUser7719

Data is saved now. This is what happened around February:
Well, it's not really a bug, it's just that the entire database with the saved maps has been deleted somehow, and I did not have any backups.
The good news is that I will be making frequent backups from now on.
I don't think there is anyway to back it up locally though :(

DeletedUser

Also it was mentioned that if there is less than 2 or 3 views within 2 months, it will automatically be wiped

Not exactly. It's total views, not views within that time period. If a save has not been visited for 3 months and has 5 total views, it will be deleted. If a save has not been visited for 3 months and has 50 total views, it will not be deleted. And if a save has not been visited for 1 month and has 1 view, it won't be deleted either (until it reaches 2+ months of inactivity).
I didnt know this... Is there a way for users to back their data up locally?

Not at the moment, no. Might become a future feature though.