• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City) Diamond Finishing Price

• Thread starter DeletedUser14914
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesiger

Monarch
Here's a formatted version, for what that's worth (the original poster can feel free to edit it in):

Proposal: Make the diamond cost of completing a building ahead of schedule proportional to the amount of time remaining.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

I can't find any reference in the Ideas section to diamond cost of finishing construction.

Reason: its not so much a case of deliberately waiting until its half built before using Diamonds to complete the Building , its more a case of IF ( as is often the case in later ages ) a build is in excess of 10 , 12 or even 14 Hours long , I have often gotten to the half way stage and then something like a Quest pops up , requiring you to do maybe 10 x 5 minute productions or something similar. IF the Diamond cost to finish the Build was proportionate to the remaining build time , I believe that more Diamonds would get used .

I recently had ,,,,, Wanted to Build a military building in Tomorrow Era , I cant remember the precise amount of time but something like 15 hours , after around 7 - 8 Hours was then going to be near time for me to head out to work , IF the Diamond Finish Cost had been proportionate to the remaining build time , I would have used Diamonds to finish it instantly so that the Troop Building was under way BEFORE I headed out to work , rather than having to wait until I got home.

Details:
10 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
11 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 23 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
12 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 20 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
13 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 18 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
14 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 17 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%

Visual Aids:
None, sorry.

Balance:
This proposal would reduce Innogames' income from full-price diamond fast-building, but would probably encourage more people to pay diamonds overall.

Abuse Prevention:
Don't know...

Summary: make the price of completing buildings scalable

DeletedUser914

I think it both improves both a play function, and increases a spend of diamonds. A win-win situation for players and Inno.

+1

DeletedUser16126

It will be not a win situation for the payers:
It will just slow down down the loading and game reaction time, because extra data needs to get loaded for a few ones that would eventually use it.
And there are much more important things to be handled!

DeletedUser109524

The game already has the data for how long the building takes to complete, so can calculate the Diamond cost for finishing on the client.

I can see this being used in events, where you need to build a certain structure, and would prefer to build something you need.
I for one could justify spending a some diamonds to complete a good building, rather than build some junk one that is faster.

+1 from me.

Vesiger

Monarch
I haven't actually voted on this one (I've never used diamonds to speed up construction). But none of the arguments against the proposal so far seem compelling to me, and the idea appears to be a practical one with precedent elsewhere in the game.
So +1 from me.

DeletedUser4089

+1 from me

Diamond costs scale when instantly completing everything else (eg. research) and should do for builds.

DeletedUser15432

I think that this would actually be quite useful so therefore give it a score of +1 (I do not seem to have commented on this idea yet)

DeletedUser96901

Obviously we need to add diamond scouting costs to this idea then to make them scalable also ;)
but according to this idea both would still cost the same :o

100% time reduce of a 5 minute scout = 100% of the costs = 50 diamonds
100% time reduce of a 3 day scout = 100% of the costs = 50 diamonds

or do you wait with the 3 day scout until 5 minutes are left to only pay 1 diamonds :lol:

because this idea is about relative to the original time (50%, 25%)
not about real rest time (5 hours, 10 hours)

but it should be:
if the costs are depending of the time remaining it should be same costs for same remaining time for all buildings
1h remaing = 50 diamonds
10h remaining = 500 diamonds

a 12 hour buildings would start with 600 diamonds. but a 4 hour building with 200

I changed the idea how it should be
Details:
10 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed
11 hour Build = 275 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed
12 hour Build = 300 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed
13 hour Build = 325 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed
14 hour Build = 350 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed

Diamond costs reduce in the Tech Tree as various items are added.
and they depend on the absolute values
10 FP costs in each tech 500 diamonds no matter if the research needs 10 FP or 100 FP

or does a 10 hour research costs the same as a 100 hour research when you completely pay it with diamonds ?
no. so why should that be the case for buildings ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14914

@ Test Ament , its people like you that spoil others enjoyment of the game and spoil their appreciation of peoples efforts to try to improve the game , I would suggest that you adopt a very old saying : IF you have nothing ,,,,, Constructive to say , then maybe its best you say Nothing At All

As you all know , as you move forward through the Ages / Era`s , Build time gets progressively Longer , My Idea as previously FORMATTED , was to try to get the Diamond completion cost reduced in relation to any remaining build time , so here it is again , only better formatted than before

Usual Cost of completing a building " Instantly " = 250 Diamonds : Regardless of overall Build Time

90% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 25 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 225
80% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 50 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 200
70% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 75 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 175
60% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 100 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 150
50% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 125 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 125
40% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 150 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 100
30% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 175 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 75
20% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 200 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 50
10% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 225 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 25

And again I say : its not ,,, I repeat NOT so that I can wait 7 or 8 hours specificly to reduce Diamond / Instant Finish Costs , its more for the purpose of knowing that IF you get part way through a Build , Then realize that in an ideal world , you need / want to finish it quicker ( as laid out in one of my original posts ) the cost of deciding on a quicker finish will be reduced

but according to this idea both would still cost the same :o

100% time reduce of a 5 minute scout = 100% of the costs = 50 diamonds
100% time reduce of a 3 day scout = 100% of the costs = 50 diamonds

or do you wait with the 3 day scout until 5 minutes are left to only pay 1 diamonds :lol:

because this idea is about relative to the original time (50%, 25%)
not about real rest time (5 hours, 10 hours)

but it should be:

I changed the idea how it should be

and they depend on the absolute values
10 FP costs in each tech 500 diamonds no matter if the research needs 10 FP or 100 FP

or does a 10 hour research costs the same as a 100 hour research when you completely pay it with diamonds ?
no. so why should that be the case for buildings ?

you changed the idea to suit your own stupid sense of sarcasm , my idea has merits that plenty of other folk have recognized so why not keep your stupidity away from this forum

DeletedUser96901

@ Test Ament ... IF you have nothing ,,,,, Constructive to say , then maybe its best you say Nothing At All
I said more constructive than most of the other here

not my fault that you are not smart enough to recognize it :rolleyes:

so why not keep your stupidity away from this forum
why you don't keep your stupidity away from this forum :rolleyes:

you changed the idea to suit your own stupid sense of sarcasm
and as I said
you can't even recognize a good idea :rolleyes:

of peoples efforts to try to improve the game
my idea would also improve the game

too bad that you didn't recognize that :rolleyes:

IF you have nothing ,,,,, Constructive to say , then maybe its best you say Nothing At All
I learned something more useful
if you have nothing nice to say it is best you say nothing at all

maybe you learn that too

DeletedUser14914

@ Test Ament , your childish and somewhat dim whitted reply shows a complete lack of intellect , your idea is merely a plagerism of MY Idea to start with , I have no further comment ,

DeletedUser6065

' . . . I learned something more useful if you have nothing nice to say it is best you say nothing at all . . . '
Lots fewer posts here in Forum.
Format it as an idea. I bet it will be supported.
. . mk

DeletedUser96901

@ Test Ament , your childish and somewhat dim whitted reply shows a complete lack of intellect , your idea is merely a plagerism of MY Idea to start with , I have no further comment ,
very long for a no further comment :lol:

and your reply shows a complete lack of respect for other players :rolleyes:

btw:
where is your intelligence which would let you recognize it as improvement of your idea :lol:

because a plagerism would it only if I take your idea and post it as my own
but so it is only an addition to your idea. you could make the best out of it.

but you can't do that
so please show me your intellect and not only your rudeness

Status
Not open for further replies.