• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City) Diamond Finishing Price

• Thread starter DeletedUser14914
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14914

when erecting a new building , there is always a price to pay to finish it early or immediately , eg : I just erected two car factories , the price to finish them instantly is 250 diamonds , thats fair enough I hear you say , however , when it gets down to say the last half hour , its STILL 250 Diamonds to finish it instantly , so ,,,,, How about reducing the diamond finishing price by an equal percentage to the amount of time that is left on Build Time , eg a 10 hour build at 7 1/2 hours be reduced in the cost of diamonds by 25% , 5 hours to 50% and so on , i`m sure people would use more diamonds IF that was the case

DeletedUser5180

this has some merits but there are definately far more important things for the devs to sort out first so i can't see it happening

-1 (as we have more important things needing fixed)

DeletedUser99445

+1 From Me.
Makes Total sense and something I have thought many times during the last 15 months.
Ridiculous to pay the full price with only 10% of the build time left.

DeletedUser

I often wondered if when the build gets half way and the building image changes to part built, that maybe halving the cost at that point could be a good idea, so +1 from me for that also.

DeletedUser2989

This idea makes sense, not sure how many people are going to leave a building for half the production time to save half of their diamond cost for instantly finishing it but some would be better than none. +1

It'd be great to see this idea formatted too :)

DeletedUser101925

Whilst I don't really see this feature as a priority I do believe it makes sense and should be added for those who use fast-building with diamonds.

+1

DeletedUser15432

I very much like this idea, although I do not generally finish a building using diamonds, I always wait for it to complete naturally, however, as I said, I like the idea, therefore a +1 score from me with regards to this idea

DeletedUser14914

Quote : This idea makes sense, not sure how many people are going to leave a building for half the production time to save half of their diamond cost for instantly finishing it but some would be better than none. +1

Reply : its not so much a case of deliberately waiting until its half built before using Diamonds to complete the Building , its more a case of IF ( as is often the case in later ages ) a build is in excess of 10 , 12 or even 14 Hours long , I have often gotten to the half way stage and then something like a Quest pops up , requiring you to do maybe 10 x 5 minute productions or something similar , but then having to either spend the full amount of Diamonds OR waiting anywhere up to 6 or 7 hours , which may well then take that person into either work time , which would mean he or she then would have to wait until they got home etc , OR possibly bed time , which again would mean missing the productions until they awoke , BUT ,,,,, IF the Diamond cost to finish the Build was proportionate to the remaining build time , I believe that more Diamonds would get used .

Prime Example : I recently had ,,,,, Wanted to Build a military building in Tomorrow Era , I cant remember the precise amount of time but something like 15 hours , after around 7 - 8 Hours was then going to be near time for me to head out to work , IF the Diamond Finish Cost had been proportionate to the remaining build time , I would have used Diamonds to finish it instantly so that the Troop Building was under way BEFORE I headed out to work , rather than having to wait until I got home

to sum up this post , I just think it would be much fairer to make the Diamond finish cost proportionate to the remaining build time

DeletedUser14914

This idea makes sense, not sure how many people are going to leave a building for half the production time to save half of their diamond cost for instantly finishing it but some would be better than none. +1

It'd be great to see this idea formatted too :)

in what sense do you mean you would like to see this idea " Formatted " ?? , it cant be any easier , example : 10 hour build = 250 Diamonds , 8 hours remaining = 200 Diamonds , 5 hours remaining = 125 Diamonds, 2 hours remaining = 50 Diamonds , as they say on the Meer Cat advert ,,,, Simples x

DeletedUser14914

I have given this a little thought afetr someone has stated they would like to see it Formatted , well ok then ,

10 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 25 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
11 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 23 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
12 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 20 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
13 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 18 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%
14 hour Build = 250 Diamonds , cost reduces by 17 Diamonds for each FULL hour elapsed / 50% time elapsed reduces Diamond cost by 50%

I appreciate that the longer the build , the less discount you get for reduced building time , but any discount is better than none :) +1 from me

DeletedUser96901

if the costs are depending of the time remaining it should be same costs for same remaining time for all buildings
1h remaing = 50 diamonds
10h remaining = 500 diamonds

a 12 hour buildings would start with 600 diamonds. but a 4 hour building with 200

they would like to see it Formatted , well ok then
lol nice joke :lol:

better you read the posting about formatting ideas

+1 from me
is that voting manipulation ?

hoping that the guy who counts the +1 and -1 doesn't recognize that it comes from the person who made the idea :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7719

hoping that the guy who counts the +1 and -1 doesn't recognize that it comes from the person who made the idea :rolleyes:
Doesn't recognize? Well, then how about I put a +1000 here, so we can forward that idea as well :blush:

DeletedUser96901

Doesn't recognize? Well, then how about I put a +1000 here, so we can forward that idea as well :blush:
do you think that guy is so stupid that he thinks a +1000 comes from 1000 persons ?
better you post a +1 a thousand times

oh before I forget it
I give a

Status
Not open for further replies.