• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City defence

Vesiger

Monarch
I currently have a defence of over 400%. I'm ranked 17 in my neighbourhood, and I get attacked and plundered on a daily basis by two of the top players in the neighbourhood using troops of the age below with an attack bonus between 100% and 200%. The only time I ever have a successful defence is when I guess correctly in the scissors/paper/stone game and put in a defending army that has a high bonus against the attacking troops of the day, at which point the attacker deigns to switch to using troops of the same age, which give him a guaranteed win.
And since there are two of them using different combinations of troops, what's good against one is no use against the other.
Is there a level of city defense bonus that is actually effective? It seems a bit silly that troops can be steamrollered by units of a lower age and half the bonus.

Agent327

Overlord
The attack percentage of your defenders is the deciding factor. You can have a defence of 400%, but if that is combined with an attack % of 60, you hardly stand a chance.

DeletedUser113901

Either you bost your atk too either you boost your def so much they bounce on the reactive ardmored units you will have previously chosen (a few thousands % should do).

DeletedUser112886

I found the most enjoyable to play against defending armies with 400+ defense bonus and i truly think the level you need to defend against attack boost 200+ enemies with rogues is in the range of 6-800% defense (with no exaggerations), otherwise you have very little chance to succeed.

If there would be a chess styled 2v2 opportunity, than it would be a hole different story (wishful thinking applies)