• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City Challenge

DeletedUser

There are a few threads around where people have set different challenges for the development of their city:

The Smallest City is a challenge where the player is restricted to the original 16 x 16 grid, from the beginning of the game (ie using no expansions).

16 x 16 city is a challenge where the challenge is just to use the original grid size, even if you've used expansions.

Critical Failure discusses the idea of destroying everything and starting with minimal coins and supplies.

19 GB in a functional city of only 42 expansions is actually based on using Forgestats, but could be tried out for real.

Probably the weirdest town in the game is bizarre city set ups.

And just before Easter I spent some time making a very pretty city for no apparent reason other than that it was fun.

So...aside from doing the quests and getting an efficient city, what other city challenges have people set themselves?

DeletedUser7719

There's a city without a cultural building or a decoration (only uses GBs to get himself to delighted). Is that challenge worthy?

DeletedUser5180

i assume it would be possible to have a city with only a town hall and gbs.......no houses, supplies, goods and just 1 military building yet it could function properly.

has anyone come across one yet.?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think anything that is difficult can be a challenge, although making an efficient city is the most obvious and normal game challenge. It's just interesting to see what other people have come up with within the parameters of the game.

DeletedUser3157

Another interesting challenge I've seen: Sebmoistien from another world with a Stone Age town.
499540utopia2pierre124GM.png

DeletedUser6065

With Zeus/Aachen, I imagine those rogues will be pretty formidable . . . mk

DeletedUser15372

How about getting from the beginning of the tech tree to the end with just 10 huts, 1 hunter and 1 bronze age goods factory that is not boosted?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
That's nonsense really... Hunter produces 34 supplies/hr.... so to even get 340,000 supplies would take 10,000 hours (or 1.1 years)

DeletedUser

How about getting from the beginning of the tech tree to the end with just 10 huts, 1 hunter and 1 bronze age goods factory that is not boosted?

That's nonsense really... Hunter produces 34 supplies/hr.... so to even get 340,000 supplies would take 10,000 hours (or 1.1 years)

Okay - so that's a challenge for someone with a huge amount of time on their hands and a good alarm clock. :D

A city containing 2 hunters, 12 stilt huts, 1 (unboosted) bronze age goods factory and 4 memorials would be workable, and could produce 340,000 supplies in 5,000 hours (209 days) as long as you don't mind getting up every hour to collect supplies. Given the ability to sleep for a while and setting the hunters to an 8 hour production overnight, the 340,000 supplies would be achievable in 289 days - assuming 15 x 1 hour productions during the day.

Small City.png

As this set up leaves a great deal of unused space, within the initial 16 x 16 grid, what else would you be 'allowed' to put in it?

[And no, I've not got that much time on my hands - the picture is for illustrative purposes only!]

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
PS... 340,000 supplies was just a figure based on a multiple of the hourly production of a Hunter.

I worked out (excluding non-dependent tech tree paths) that to the end of CA will cost 985,570 supplies (double check that :) ), so that works out to roughly 837 days (assuming the 15 x 1hr etc.) = 2.3 years..to the end of CA

Edit: To the end of InA will cost another 1,325,000 supplies, which will take another 3.08 years

So I stand by my original statement that it's a little nonsense :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser15372

haha i made you work :p

if we include PE, ME and PME too that could be another 20 years or so and I am sure we all plan to play FoE for a good 100 years :p

DeletedUser5180

i assume it would be possible to have a city with only a town hall and gbs.......no houses, supplies, goods but only 1 military building yet it could function properly.

has anyone come across one yet.?

i came across an old guild mate and friend's city in Fel Dranghyr yesterday which has only 2 houses, 1 battle tank and 1 rogue hideout

DeletedUser103052

I am currently doing a challenge whereby I must progress as far as I can with GB's without researching past the 'Architecture' Technology (What is now needed to contribute to other's GB's) - I have not brought any goods for diamonds, or any premium buildings, so bronze age and event buildings only! It has taken some time and this is where I currently am -

BA CITY.jpg

I also have most of the goods to build Capitol so that is the next one on my list. My first priorities (In order) were - Goods, Coins, Supplies, Population, Happiness.

My name is Tomlan and I am in Fel Dranghyr if you want to look up my progress(:

P.S. My guild mates love me because I'm constantly pumping FP's into their GB's and mot/pol religiously aha!

P.S.S All of my diamonds I spend in East-Nagach, not this world as I felt it would be against the challenge.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I am currently doing a challenge whereby I must progress as far as I can with GB's without researching past the 'Agriculture' Technology (What is now needed to contribute to other's GB's)

P.S. My guild mates love me because I'm constantly pumping FP's into their GB's and mot/pol religiously aha!

How are you constantly pumping FPs into their GBs?

DeletedUser

How about this for a challenge:

complete all research using only stone & bronze age buildings, any GBs, and any goods factories you like. No limits on expansions, but no special event cultural/coin/supply buildings allowed.