• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: (City) Ability to zoom out further

DeletedUser110668

+1

I use Firefox and had to install an addon just to zoom out (as CTRL+Scroll does not work for me while using the game)

DeletedUser110195

There is no necessity for it. It's possible to zoom in and out of a page. To do this hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel on your mouse up to zoom in or down to zoom out.
What browser do you use which does this? Firefox does not...however you(at least firefox users)can zoom out further by clicking the address bar and tap 'ctrl -' until you have the view you want, and ctrl + to zoom back in.

DeletedUser17180

+1
we needed this 2 years ago, but i guess its better late than never.

DeletedUser110179

+1
That's all good and well but ever noticed how small the chat window gets when you zoom to say 75%, I have to wear glasses as it is, don't need to have to get a magnifying glass as well ........
Too true.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever ... seen better on a big screen (rather a big PC than a small laptop) .
Quite frankly, FoE must look awesome on a 32 inch 4k screen ... having the option to play at full zoom-in at all times. ▲

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

On the app, I can indeed zoom to a variable amount .. but only so far. I can't zoom out to see my whole town (ever since EMA expansions), which is what I often would like to do.

A couple of times, the app has briefly shown me the kind of view I want. But those times, it has happened randomly and not by the usual zoom method of pinch or stretch.

I'll mention here that I would also like the game to remember the zoom setting. Every time I go into my city, the first thing I do is zoom fully out (and usually stay that way) but the act of zooming can inadvertently mean I make a collection or some other unintended action.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111338

+1

I set my preferred zoom via browser display scaling, it renders the chat frame unusable due to its tiny size.

DeletedUser104719

+1

Thanks OT for the Ctrl-zoom tip, but it does render chat unusable, and also quest/tooltip text tricky on less-than-huge monitors

-1. I wouldnt be able to read anything that far zoomed
But why give it a -1 ? There is no suggestion that you must see it zoomed right out, nor that the current views are disturbed. For the many people who would benefit from a greater overview, why do you object to the idea that they could have it?

Agent327

Overlord
But why give it a -1 ? There is no suggestion that you must see it zoomed right out, nor that the current views are disturbed. For the many people who would benefit from a greater overview, why do you object to the idea that they could have it?

Why shouldn't he? He is free to have an opinion and vote.

I consider this to be a waste of time for the developers, so for me it is - 1 as well.

DeletedUser110179

But why give it a -1 ? There is no suggestion that you must see it zoomed right out, nor that the current views are disturbed.
For the many people who would benefit from a greater overview, why do you object to the idea that they could have it?
I guess there are no miracles or 3 wishes from Aladdin's Lamp ... each new implementation is at the expense of something else.

Many strategy or city building games come with 3 levels of zoom ... fully 3 dimensional games allow any angle and point of zoom
(not inconceivable when FoE is moved onto the new HTML platform).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

I'd like it if I could zoom out more. Its really annoying having to swipe over majority of buildings to collect then having few more uncollected because I couldn't zoom out enough.

Besides, nothing has text in the town unless clicking on building. Sending messages opens a new window and font size doesn't change there. If you are talking about global, then that chat window should stay the same like in many other games.

P.S. I'm app player so I can't collect using arrow keys as mentioned in some other thread nor do I have global chat.

Why shouldn't he? He is free to have an opinion and vote.

I consider this to be a waste of time for the developers, so for me it is - 1 as well.
And everyone has an *** but we don't have to show it off. Nor do we have to be narcissists only capable of caring about ourselves, rather than caring about others, too.

It has been well established that it is not up to us to tell the developers what to prioritise their time on.

So, what harm will this suggestion do to your game, or to the game in general? Anything?