• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Chromebook menus not working

DeletedUser

• World: Arvahall, Dinegu, Fel Drangyr
  • Browser and Version: Chrome 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit)
  • Overview of the bug: Messaging, GB construction Menu, and "Your Guild" Menu only partially showing up. When I click on the FOE messenger only the words Message Center and the options to click the "x" or Cancel are available, the rest is opaque.
  • Screenshots: None, sorry, just can't seem to get it to work.
  • How often this occurs: Always since I first returned 12 noon U.S. time.
  • Urgency: Urgent for me, don't want to be kicked out by my guild for not responding to messages.
  • Preventative Actions: Attempted all actions suggested in the Bug help page, Firefox and other Browsers do not work on a Chromebook, and do not have another computer to try atm.
  • Summary: Pop-up menu's not opening correctly.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
Yes I have attempted all available fixes.

DeletedUser

Yes, I'm experiencing exactly the same issues with the messages and town hall on my chromebook. Without being able to view messages from my guild the game has become unusable.

DeletedUser

Yes, I'm experiencing exactly the same issues with the messages and town hall on my chromebook. Without being able to view messages from my guild the game has become unusable.

attached is a screenshot of the issue I'm experiencing.

DeletedUser

Screenshot_2015-10-25_at_09.36.37_30.png
image attached....

DeletedUser7719

@VenusValentine: please make sure that your browser's (not the game's) zoom is set to 100% (or the default option). Please let me know if that helps.
EDIT: If you are using a Chromebook, please read Darkstar's reply below :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

At the moment FoE does not provide support for Chromebooks, though it is being looked into to see how much effort is required to ensure the game runs smoothly on a Chromebook. There is also an ongoing issue from both sides (Chromebooks and FoE) that needs to be addressed in order to resolve the current behavior you're experiencing.

DeletedUser

Browser set to 100% zoom, yes. And thank you for your quick response guys.
I don't get it, why would FOE say it doesn't support Chromebook but the game has worked perfectly on two that I've used for over the last year? Was it previously supporting Chromebook, but no longer? And of course my most important question, is there a timeline for when FOE and Chromebook will be looking to resolve their issues?
P.S. Thanks smashedhits, for posting the screenshot!

DeletedUser

i've been using a chromebook for over a year to play FOE and now you say it's not supported?

DeletedUser16026

It has worked because Chromebooks use Chrome as a browser and the game itself is optimized for Chrome. However, the device itself is not one that is supported.

There is currently no timeline for when this would be resolved, sorry. If we get more information on the matter we'll share it with you.

DeletedUser98891

Yes i'm suffering this to, two years effort wasted as i enter "tomorrow".

DeletedUser4186

we're not asking you to support a device! we're asking you to solve an issue with a browser used by millions worldwide. I find FOE's lack of response or communication on this issue really insulting. Players who only have access to chrome will start getting kicked out of guilds and can't trade amongst other things. It really should be top priority. I've spoken to moderators who are no doubt annoyed that they are being put in a helpless position!

DeletedUser16026

This is not an issue with Chrome, but with the browser on this device. The device is key factor here because it is not supported by FoE. We have not received any news about this so there is unfortunately no new information to provide you with.

DeletedUser

shame that after a year of play FoE the only options I have to continue are to use my Chromebook but not be able to read any messages or use the Android app that doesn't support GvG or chat or stop playing altogether - very frustrating!

DeletedUser108326

I have the same problem with internet explorer. I am running two worlds, mount killmore and noarsil. noarsil works fine but I have had the same problem with town hall and market for a few days now. I am on 100% zoom. Add message centre to that.
Just in the last few minutes I have lost the full screens on both worlds. I am now unable to do any trading on either world.

DeletedUser16026

There seems to be a potential work-around for Chromebook users, but it involves downgrading to a previous working version. As such, we would not suggest this, but if anyone wants to do it the instructions can be seen by clicking on the spoiler below.

For a full article on the matter please click this link.

Sign out of your Chromebook.
When the sign-in screen appears, press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R.
When the dialog for Powerwash opens, press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R again.
Click Revert, then follow the instructions that appear.

After your Chromebook restarts, sign in with your Google Account and set up your Chromebook.
Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.

We'll keep you updated on any new information on the issue.

DeletedUser8813

i have this problem with my ipad..the resent update killed it now i no longer have a town hall.

DeletedUser108607

Chromebook has just made an update and it seems to be fixed. :)

DeletedUser16026

Chromebook has just made an update and it seems to be fixed. :)

Thank you for updating us, Arya. I do not have a Chromebook to confirm this but will see if others can check it out and see if it works for them as well. :)

DeletedUser

Yes, I can confirm that everything seems to be ok now on my chromebook