• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cheating in PvP tournament

DeletedUser

I suspect a competitor of cheating in the PvP tournament, due to the fact that he/she were able to fight and win an impossible amount of battles in a very short period of time. How do I go about filing a complaint to launch an investigation? Thanks.

DeletedUser4089

Any suspicions of cheating or rule-breaking should be directed towards the in-game mods via a support ticket.

To submit a support ticket, right-click anywhere on your game screen and select 'Contact Support'. From there, follow the on-screen instructions and give as much information as possible.

That said, with auto-battle it's quite easy to run through a lot of fights, and with some good military boosts, to win the majority of them all in a short period of time.

DeletedUser9168

Hi Linobambino
If you right click within your city and contact support you will be able to file a ticket giving them details of your concerns. They will then be able to look into the matter.
Thanks
Jampots

DeletedUser

It seems like some kind of program is running this player. They've been fighting battles non-stop for several hours and continue to fight even though no one is chasing them. Very suspicious.

DeletedUser

What is auto-battle? I'm fairly new, so still learning some of the terminology.

DeletedUser4089

Lots of battles is a great way to get points, nothing really suspicious about that in my opinion.

Auto-battle is where you click a button in the battle screen and he AI controls your troops and zips through the battle for you. A lot faster than manually clicking to move each unit.

The big button with 2 swords in the bottom left corner, next to the Surrender flag, is 'Finish battle automatically'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It seems like some kind of program is running this player. They've been fighting battles non-stop for several hours and continue to fight even though no one is chasing them. Very suspicious.

Do remember that there are battle available through the map as well as battling your neighbors. I often will battle for hours to go through my hood. Some players battle not because they are being chased but because they enjoy it and the plunder they get. It also adds to their score. Some may want to see just how many pvp points they can get each week and/or beat their previous record. There are many reasons why a player would continue to battle even if no one is chasing them.

However, if you really suspect cheating then please report as suggested in earlier posts. Best luck to you in your future battles! :)

DeletedUser7719

And results skips to the end of the battle, so it takes less than 20 seconds to go from one player to the next. That said, it does normally take a bit more damage than at least somewhat skilled player controlling the offense since AI are never perfect.
Wait, several hours? What's wrong with that? Gaining points from battles also gains world rank points (50 battle points = 1 world rank point).

Nilopertiso

Corporal
Someone with high-age troops, Alcatraz GB generating lots of unattached units and other attack-boosted GBs could quite credibly rack up some serious PvP points via auto-battle in a short space of time. There are scenarios where this could be perfectly reasonable/expected.

DeletedUser15432

It is very possible to rack up million plus scores with colonial troops and alcatraz, I know, I have been doing it now for several weeks, I have the max combat bonuses and started to auto battle about 5 weeks ago as I was not managing to get the best from the resources, even when I do not battles every day, I am scoring 1 million points per week, nobody can touch that sort or score in my neighbourhood, if someone appears to be battling for several hours, it might be that they fight a group if battles all at once and then wait for the units to heal and then fight another group of battles, it can take from 24 minutes to 4 hours for a unit to heal to full strength. You do tend to suffer more damage with auto battle, however, this is offset by the fact that you can also fight a greater number of battles in a given time - approximately 6 times as many

DeletedUser5180

If your fairly new I suggest you shouldn't really be accusing a player of cheating unless you are 100% certain what that player has done or achieved is 100% impossible. A decent neighbourhood could yield a player 1,000,000+ PVP points in an hour using auto combat plus they may do some combat on the map so with all due respect I think in this case your totally wrong, and may I say also out of order

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

I am scoring 1 million points per week, nobody can touch that sort or score in my neighbourhood
I made 1.5 million battle points in 15 minutes auto-battling the modern era map and scouting with diamonds :p

and I still have over 1000 units from Alcatraz :eek:

so there are no cheaters
only bad players who don't know what is possible ;)

DeletedUser7373

With auto battle is posible. But anyway i don't like use it ...

DeletedUser100074

How could a player be in the Colonial PvP tower but be in the LMA age and have no colonial unit buildings?

DeletedUser5180

How could a player be in the Colonial PvP tower but be in the LMA age and have no colonial unit buildings?

all an lma player will need is one single CA unit in their attacking army for the points to be awarded in the CA tower. Whichever unit in the army is the most advanced determines which tower that battle is in

DeletedUser96901

if he is in the LMA and have a colonial age building then he would be cheating ;)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I should point out that the original poster mentioned an "impossible amount of battles", meaning number of battles, but said nothing about the total score. One possible explanation is that the PVP towers count both won and lost battles. Therefore if you are fighting in GvG, you can repeatedly retreat if you get a bad battlefield or your army is badly suited for the enemy units, and all of those attempts will be counted. Therefore it is possible to have hundreds of battles in the PVP tower, but only a fraction of them were actually won or even fought until the end.

Come to think of it, that should probably be treated as a bug, since there is no reason to count lost battles.