• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Chateau rendered useless

DeletedUser112037

As I progressed on the continent map my recurring quest giver disappeared and was replaced by Princess Myciena bonus quest line which cannot be aborted. The final quest require to research Modern Roads on the industrial tech tree and only after that I may get recurring quests back. I can fulfill any quests requiring to take provinces but I am unable to unlock an industrial tech. I do not intend to leave iron age. Making it compulsory for an iron age player to unlock anything 5 ages above seems to me as a design flaw in the game. Either, this quest line should not be compulsory or it should not replace the recurring quests.
I have put great effort bringing my chateau to a high level and now it is rendered completely useless. It is very disappointing.

Shad23

Emperor
it ain't completly ussless as it continues to give you more of the things you get in all quests that you do chateau does not work only on recurring quests it also works on story quests but i can imagine that it can be iritating not to get those quests anymore

DeletedUser96901

Making it compulsory for an iron age player to unlock anything 5 ages above seems to me as a design flaw in the game.
the flaw is that a player is 5 ages advanced on the map

a player in iron age shouldn't be able to unlock a part of the MAP which is 5 ages above him :rolleyes:

Either, this quest line should not be compulsory or it should not replace the recurring quests.
or 3rd option

don't allow player to advance on the map above their age

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Or 5th option; if you're going to camp out in a set era for 1 year+, don't ever advance on the c-map!

Outside of a couple historical quest lines & maybe the Carnival event? We've basically been able to avoid any "forced" c-map progression this year in events.

DeletedUser113901

Isn't the mycenia bonus quest supposed to use a third quest slot?
And you cannot have reached the last quest yet as there is one in the middle that requires you to have LMA/CA/IrA military buildings.

DeletedUser111359

When you choose to camp in IA instead of advancing, then you are making a conscious choice that certain parts of the game will not be accessible. In addition to higher tech buildings, you're also going to eventually run into events, quests, etc, that you can't do either.

Fortunately there's a really simple fix, that literally anyone can do, even you. Research tech, and the problem will magically go away.

The game isn't designed to have you sit in IA forever. Get over it, or accept that you don't get to do certain things anymore. But either way it's not any flaw in the game. It's entirely a choice you've made.

DeletedUser112037

When you choose to camp in IA instead of advancing, then you are making a conscious choice that certain parts of the game will not be accessible.
No, you are not making a conscious choice, because the recurring quests are just taken away without warning. Map progression is just leading the unsuspecting player into a trap. This is a game breaking inconsistency that should be addressed.

DeletedUser112037

And the problem arises from exactly the opposite, that those "certain parts of the game" are accessible, but they should not be.

DeletedUser112037

Words I read before, but that guy was only Joking.

You are one of those guys that puts a cat in the microwave to dry and than complains the manual does not say you shouldn't.
You are probably right. I have already cooked everything available in the oven and has noting else left but a cat.
Meaning, I have achieved everything the game can offer and no point stretching it because it just moans and breaks.

Agent327

Overlord
Meaning, I have achieved everything the game can offer and no point stretching it because it just moans and breaks.

No you haven't. Actually you have barely achieved anything. All you have achieved is what you allowed yourself to achieve. Game is much bigger than that, but cause you are afraid to step out of your comfort zone, you are asking for adaptions so you can still stay in your cozy little place. Grow up grasshopper and go explore the world.

Galladhorn

Monarch
No! it is not Rendered completely useless – E.g If you make a Diamond city, you well get more Diamonds when you win, From GE and other parts of the winning game as well as events you will get more because of The High level Chateau.

To your own plan you might have made a mistake, but now you just have to tech instead if you want the pleasure of "Daylies" perhaps also to avoiding a lot of production set up. You also have the hard choice to start a second city and do it better according to your plan. Else the simple thing and perhaps also the must fun is simply to aknowledge, that to fix the issue, you need to change your Meta strategy and play differently for a while.

DeletedUser

You are one of those guys that puts a cat in the microwave to dry and than complains the manual does not say you shouldn't.

In the dryer is better right with some extra tumble dry softener wipes?
I have heard that gives them a huge fluff factor.

Emberguard

Legend
It'll still work for your event quests and as said above the story quests.

It's not really something I'd consider a design flaw. As you've said it's 5 ages above you. It's not a problem with the quests - it's more a problem with allowing advancement on the map above your age. Every game will provide roadblocks to any player that skips significantly above their progress in the game. (Like in Jak and Daxter if you try to swim instead of using platforms or the boat you'll be eaten by the shark. If you try to cross the hot lava area without a hover bike you're going to die).

I don't expect Inno to remove the function to advance on the map as events require map progress - but it's unreasonable to expect unlimited progress on the map without any hurdles that are insurmountable if you're not in the proper age.

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
That's for hamsters.
thaught you'd like that one
but some fools do put cats at spin in washing machine unfortunatly for the cats it is somthing that realy hapens sometimes and eaven if i sometimes have a weird sense of humour i find it plain cruel to do such things in real life

DeletedUser99692

Guys please I am no fan of cats but lets not descend into placing them in any contraption at all.

The truth of the matter is (big secret) the game is designed to draw you through the ages, have you never listened to the Adverts. It will draw you gently, or kicking and screaming, but by devious hook or crook there will come a point that is either stagnation or progress. As my tag says "Life is a learning experience learn to live with it." lol