• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Chat Rooms

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Group chat rooms

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have not checked please don't hurt me I'm making this in a rush so I don't forget my reasoning.

Reason:
Easier to just chat with a specific group of people so you aren't forced to talk to everyone in World, neighbor, or guild chat.
-I know there is group messages but I find those to be difficult to talk in and this would make things much easier

Details:
It will work similar to how the Whisper option works, but there will be another option that says "Invite to Group" and they player will get a notification and can either accept or deny the request.
Also in the chats themselves there should be ranks such as Owner, administrator, and moderator.
Owner: Has complete and utter control over the group
Administrator: Can Ban, unban, silence, unsilence, and promote people to moderator
Moderator: Can silence and unsilence

The owner should have options to change the permissions but these are just what i think the defaults should be.

Visual Aids:
Got none but just imagine how the whisper shows another tab in the chat box and replace the player's picture with some kind of picture indicating it is a group.

Balance:
As far as I can think of, this will only interfere with the chat box and it doesn't interfere more as giving you more options

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse that can't already possibly be happening in people's whisper options, but if you guys have a way of seeing what people say in whisper then you should have that power in people's groups obviously

Summary:
The Group Chats will only be a new tab in the cat box. You will not see a group tab until you invite someone, after that the tab will appear. It makes for easier chatting with a specific group of players. It is as safe and should be considered equal to Whispering, only difference is there are multiple people

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I hope the devs are working on this while improving the chat system. +1 for me

DeletedUser

I do hope you noticed that there are three tabs in the chatbox... one for the whole world, one for your guild and one for your neighbourhood?
That might get close to the chat groups that you mention here :)

DeletedUser

No what I'm talking about is a room where you get to choose who is in it. Because now you are forced to talk to the world, your guild, or your friends. But what if you want to talk to only 3 people? And obviously there are more than 3 people in your neighborhood and what if you are in different guilds? If that's the case then you can't talk to only them, that is why I'm requesting this :p

DeletedUser

I think this would be a good idea, it is already a tabbed system, with World, Neighbourhood and Guild chat as well as an extra tab for whisper.
This could just be a multiple whisper tab with more than 2 people possible at same time.

DeletedUser

-1 This is not a good idea.

We have a variety of people playing this game from 9 year old kids (that I know of) to retirees. I can imagine severe abuse situations where 9 year old kids can be lured into private chat rooms that the game moderators do not have control of and are not visible to all.